• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Carbamazepine + Ginkgo CYP3a4 Inducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCad3t

Greenlighter
I'm having some serious complications with Carbamazepine. I'm trying to get this stuff out of me. I went off of it before for two weeks and my level was 2.0 at the end of those two weeks. I have had serious interactions taking beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, alpha blockers and the latest, Digoxin. This has all happened within the last few months. For some reason, it is causing major symptoms when I consume any foods which contain Vitamin K or Folic Acid. Even now that I am off all of the heart medications. I took the last Carbamazepine last Friday. Had three episodes of SVTs a half hour later and then my lungs felt like they were burning and my oxygen level has been slowly dropping since then. Now hovers at 90. Has always been 99, 98, 97. Been to the ER 3 times now trying to get help. ER is a joke.

I'm reading that Ginkgo should help clear carbamazepine from my system. Is that correct? I tried a few roasted soybean and while the feeling in my lungs mostly comes and goes now, I have this really odd/bad feeling after eating just a few. I had horrible liver, stomach and who knows what else pains while trying all of these heart medications. Blood tests always came back fine though. I'm currently on nothing, but hooked up to a Holter monitor. They won't even question that their carbamazepine could be causing all of these symptoms. I have to at least get it out of me so I can rule it out in my mind. I was on a beta blocker years ago and had not one problem with it. The Tegretol is the only thing different. Has anyone else come across something that will help get carbamazepine out of your system quicker?

You seem to be hypochondriach,watching heart rate levels is never a good thing and even the thought of having heart problems will have your heart rate go up quite a bit

Sorry SpaceCadet, this isn't a forum for us to help you solve your medical problems - please keep trying the medical professionals

I wouldn't complicate the issues even more by taking something such as ginko.

Closing this thread,
CY

Status
Not open for further replies.