• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Captured Drug Trafficker's License Plate Reads: "SMUGGLER"

psyfiend

Bluelighter
Drug runners get caught all the time from careless mistakes or from flashing their newfound wealth in the wrong places. Smart drug-runners know better than to advertise their profession to the world, but there always seems to be that rare breed of law-breaker who just doesn't get the art of subtlety. They try to tempt fate, practically shouting to the world "I'm breaking the law. Arrest me for my stupidity."
Recently released court documents describe a drug bust on Washington's northern border three months ago. It started around 8pm on the night of December 15th with Homeland Security agents staking out a Bellingham Pizza Hut.

They had received a tip that a woman transporting cocaine would be stopping by. A large black stretch limo GMC Yukon pulled into the Pizza Hut parking lot. Earlier a woman carrying a gift-wrapped box marked "Merry Xmas" had been dropped off, and now she came out to the limo with her gift and climbed in. The limo's prophetic license plate read: "SMUGGLER."

Agents tailed the vehicle from Bellingham out to a secluded bed and breakfast in Blaine called The Smuggler's Inn. The limo, owned by the Inn, had been called out to pick up a new guest. Homeland Security investigators descended on the vehicle and questioned the woman. She was twenty, her name Jasmine Klair. She was nervous and agitated answering their questions, court documents would later show. They asked about the 'gift' and she said it was hers, giving them permission to open the box. Inside, the investigators found twenty pounds of cocaine.

Now that she had been found out, Klair cooperated with the agents. She said she was to be paid $4k to transport the 9 kilo bricks across the border to Surrey. She was in contact with two Vancouver residents who would be expecting the package. So Agents had Klair keep in contact with her accomplices as they listened in.

Story continued @ http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2012/03/captured_drug_traffickers_lice.php

What an idiot. And she should have told them that she didn't know it was coke. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for her. :D

And on a side note, I wonder why it was homeland security that busted her and not DEA?

Wow. The vanity plate advertisement of your crimes thing is a pretty high profile joke in pop culture ... yet, this story happens.

tumblr_lt1g6j6aKR1qbqxsmo1_500.png

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia said:
Dee: I’m not trying to scam the government or anything!

IRS Agent: Your license plate says ‘$CAMMIN’

What an idiot. And she should have told them that she didn't know it was coke. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for her. :D

And on a side note, I wonder why it was homeland security that busted her and not DEA?

It's more convenient for Homeland Security to handle the stuff that's right at the border. Huge budget focused on not letting the wrong things through.