• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cant use opoids recreationally

keepitsolid

Greenlighter
So when I first started using I would down 300 ml bottles of robbitussin, soon it was 600, now it has to be at least 900 ml for me to get to where I want to be. I mention this because when I try to use Vicodin or codeine pills at what I would think are fairly high doses for me considering I don't mess with opiodss much, I am not feeling anything except itchiness, nasuea, and sleepiness. Just to mention I have tried Vicodin a few times dosing at 40 to 80 mg each time and codeine anywhere from 120 mg to 300 mg and I can't get high. I mentioned dxm earlier because if I'm not mistaken it uses the same enzyme as the opiods I just mentioned to get you high so I'm not sure if my dxm tolerance has interfered with my ability to get high from different opiods or what but it blows.

Oh I'm sure you can get high. The side effects you experienced show the dose was too high initially and your body is not accustomed to it yet. Sometimes it takes several doses over time before the euphoria is noticeably achieved. Also be sure you do a CWE if you try to do it again!

OP, be aware that some of us, myself included aren't able to get high off of certain Opioids due to issues with our respective metabolisms. For instance, I would probably take 300mg of Oxycodone without tolerance to get a really good buzz like I would get from a regular dose of Heroin or Morphine. The same goes for Hydrocodone and especially so, for Codeine. Hydromorphone, Morphine and Heroin all work fine, although my innate tolerance is still higher than most foks'.

You could be the same as me. Just something to think about.