• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can't urinate while on Morphine

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
Hello, these last few days I have been doing 60-70mgs of morphine orally daily which makes me nod quite hard and have great euphoria, however the problem is that I cannot urinate, no matter how much I try the pee doesn't come out and it's not like with MDMA where a hot shower can help me pee, I literally can't pee for hours and it's so bad i'm almost wanting to go back to my oxycodone stash, any ideas of what might be going on?

Hello, these last few days I have been doing 60-70mgs of morphine orally daily which makes me nod quite hard and have great euphoria, however the problem is that I cannot urinate, no matter how much I try the pee doesn't come out and it's not like with MDMA where a hot shower can help me pee, I literally can't pee for hours and it's so bad i'm almost wanting to go back to my oxycodone stash, any ideas of what might be going on?

sorry, no idea

can I ask why the preference for morphine over oxy?

O
sorry, no idea

can I ask why the preference for morphine over oxy?
Oh sorry, I misunderstood the question, basically I prefer morphine because I have a very large stash of it while I only have a couple hundred Oxy pills so I take more care of it.

Common problem with morphine/diamorphine I'm afraid. I've spent many an hour standing over the toilet nodding out with my head bouncing off the cabinet above.

It's easier to not stress about it really. As the above poster pointed out; as your tolerance rises, annoying side effects like this will disappear - along with the desirable effects...

Th
Common problem with morphine/diamorphine I'm afraid. I've spent many an hour standing over the toilet nodding out with my head bouncing off the cabinet above.

It's easier to not stress about it really. As the above poster pointed out; as your tolerance rises, annoying side effects like this will disappear - along with the desirable effects...
Thanks, i'm only planning to do 5 days in a row and then stopping for some months again, right now is my 4th day doing morphine daily and 60mg is still hitting me as hard as the first day, hope I don't have any bad effects after my last dose tomorrow.

A few tricks of the trade...

-Sit down, and sometimes switching between sitting and standing periodically helps too.
-Turn on the faucet, just to a trickle.
-If your a guy, lightly rub the underside of your dick just above the head. Not sure why but this helps stimulate urination.
-And finally, sometimes stop trying for a minute then go back to it.

-GC

I had the same problem the first time I took morphine at the hospital, right after surgery. They also gave me fentanyl for anesthesia so maybe that made it worse.
It was a terrible experience, I just couldn't pee at all, I tried everything.

G_Chem shared some good tricks, they didn't work for me that time but they might work for you, it's very important to try and stay calm because getting very frustrated seems to make it worse.

I think that first experience with morphine is the main reason why I've never done heroin or IV opioids. It's like PTSD, but in a good way I guess lol.

The only thing that ever worked for me was luckly havimg my bathroom sink near the toilet, sitting down to piss and running warm/hotish water over my hands/palms/fingers and it induces urination somehow. Thats how bad mine was. In the same boat as fubar back when the tylenol was wreaking havoc

edit: by relaxation i read

A coupla tricks. First off standing while nodding has caused injuries. So on certain occassions I sat on the bowl, ran the water. Put my hand under warm water and try and pee. Another old trick is tickling the bottom of your butt lightly with your fingers and try and relax. One of those always works.

I'll reiterate the sitting over standing to pee; I already sit to pee unless I've been drinking/am using a public washroom. It really helps you 'squeeze' so to speak. I've heard time and time again that it's better for men to sit anyways due to prostate issues.

But most especially, sitting to pee when nodding is just safer - less risk of injury, less risk of missing and pissing on the floor, less effort required to push it out.

Now that's something I hadn't thought of before, I guess that could help relax the bladder, i'll give it a try, sitting as you guys have said unfortunately does not seem tp help much but it is way safer as you've said.

The underlying reason is likely the drug is having a relatively severe effect on the detrusor muscle. This muscle is responsible for voiding urine and it is a smooth muscle.
Opiates can inhibit smooth muscle contraction.

"The effect of opioid receptor activation in these isolated organ preparations is to reduce smooth muscle contraction via inhibition of excitatory neurotransmitter release, which is revealed by measuring the inhibitory action on electrically stimulated contraction of the ileal and vas deferens muscles."

Unfortunately smooth muscle also facilitates the movement of food and waste through digestive track. If your smooth muscle is greatly effected by opiates then you may find yourself constipated and compacted. You may consider taking a stool softener all the time while taking opiates. This may help greatly with stool expulsion as you don't want to be forced to have to dig rabbit pellets out of your own rectum with a kitchen spoon.

Stool softener is cheap and OTC. Docusate is what I would consider.

Yup same thing happened to me and just like everyone else said, the best way to get it out is sit on the toilet, put your hand in the sink with water running and just wait for the pee to come out. I would fall asleep so many times like this and wake up with numb legs..