• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can't urinate when taking Heroin

noostrings

Greenlighter
I used to use H everyday 20 years ago. Now i generally use 4 times a year. The only problem now is i spent the whole time on the toilet trying to pee.
Anybody had this problem? How did you treat it?

I think this is a fairly common problem because iirc the cowper's gland and the bladder become desensitized from opioids. For myself I usually try to start with simple distraction like daydreaming and give it a few mins to gauge how tough things are going to go.

Secondly I proceed to things such as tickling myself (if help is unavailable from a SO) or even holding my breath for 30 secs. If that still doesn't do it then things such as a glass of warm water set on the tank or floor depending on position, to dip my fingers/ hand into. Lastly hopping in the shower and turning up the heat if it's going to be a battle.

Here's a thread I found as well that has other's similar (and some even more odd than my own) methods. Good Luck noostrings & Welcome to BL

Trouble-Peeing-on-Opiates-Urinary-retention-issues-Q-amp-A-Megathread

Yeah, that's a common side effect, iirc the bladder has some opioid receptors, but I couldn't find a source, I only found this:
These observations support the involvement of mu- and possibly delta-receptors in the centrally mediated inhibition of urinary bladder motility by opioids.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6094211
These observations appear related to the urinary retention seen clinically with epidural administrations of morphine and support the hypothesis that urinary bladder activity is influenced by spinal opioid mechanisms involving mu- and delta-opioid receptors.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6087220

Sitting down instead of standing might help, other than that what Jekyl said :)

In patients with LUTS (Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms), the sitting position is linked with an improved urodynamic profile.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4106761/

lot's of drugs stop you peeing. Meth and MDMA are just as bad as H in that department.

Sucks when you are at a nightclub toilet and you stand at the urinal for 10 minutes and you're thinking i've gotta piss but you just can't go

Best not to drink to much water when getting high

Hey there and welcome to Bluelight noostrings!

Personally, the only true fail-safe method that I ever encountered for myself was to stand in a hot shower. It worked every time. There are plenty of other methods that seem to potentially ease the situation, but I've always found that to work pretty well.

I used to run the faucet for the sound and just sit there for like an hour til I'd pee lol