• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Can't stop eating !!!

Joanabanana

Greenlighter
I there, I've been on/off Ritalin for 4 years now. Maintained a steady 120lbs all ok... Three months ago my Dr. has retired, but I decided to stop it right there, but i have a full box of Ritalin laying around in case of need.. I went through a lot of withdrawal symptoms, nerves going a crazy, numbness, my new doctor got me some B1 B6 B12, it worked wonders on the weird happenings.

Problem is the binge eating, I've put on 40lbs during these 3 months. From day 1 of dropping reet I couldn't control my gourmand cravings. So here I am now, can't stop eating sugary stuff,.I'm afraid I'm gonna wind up diabetic etc.
So, I'm gonna go cold turkey on sugar too, and decided to start a high protein, low carb, low fat diet to see if it helps .. I dunno, opinions? Ideas? I can't go back to Ritalin, I'll probably get addicted again. I really need to stop putting on weight 😂

Considering you have a full box laying around Id venture your not addicted to the stimulant.

People coming off stimulants will often go through a period of hunger and weight gain. They need to make up for a caloric deficit caused by the stimulants appetite suppression and their system may have determined that they are in a famine situation. So it thinks it would be beneficial to stock up on fat reserves.

Best way to get weight under control is to present a stable healthy nutrition intake. Let the system relax. Journal your calories and present it with around a 300 calorie deficit a day and begin to work out, weights not a bunch of cardio . Your system will then conclude that you have a great food supply but need to be in shape to have it. Your fat reserve should transfer to muscle and you should drop 1 to 3 pounds a week in a way that is eventually easily sustaining and leaves you athletically at a desirable weight.

Last edited: