• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can't sleep after speed binge, even with comedown cures that used to hellp

httz

Greenlighter
Sorry for posting about I subject that multiple threads in Bluelight already cover.I have read numerous of those threads over the years and today quickly browsed through some of them, but I could not find any post related my specific problem.

I "binge", which in my mind is to take enough speed to produce a little bit of euphoria. I only use speed once or two times a week. After discovering what hell the following insomnia could be, I quickly started to use different medications prescribed to me to be able to sleep after the last dose of the day had pretty much worn out. Neurontin and Pregabalin with some alcohol were live-safers to me, and only ocasionally I'd use a benzo to put me to sleep.

Now after about 2 years of occasional binges, I cannot find any relief from my prescription drugs to counter the insomnia. Before about 2000-3000mg's of Gabapentin and a few beers would put me in deep sleep, although I do not remember the correct dosage anymore. After switching to Pregabalin, I found 600mg to provide a good relief with even some psychedelic OEV's to keep the comedown interesting.

These days, even 900mg Pregabalin won't put me to sleep, an this is combined with about 100mg Hydroxyzine, a drug that usually knocks me out with even 50mg if I do not use it too often. Benzos on the other hand, I thought would definitely put me into sleep. But nope, yesterday after a binge, I took 2,5mg Xanax, and 80mg Valium to put me to sleep but to no avail. I don't want to kep pushing the limits of my benzo tolerace by trying to use such huge amounts of benzos to stop the binges in the future, since now when I take Xanax 3mg or Valium 60mg I can sleep pretty well (not using them as prescribed to avoid addiction, just 3-6 times a month).

Or do you other people using benzos to counteract amphetamine induced insomnia find that you have to take much more benzos to sleep after a binge, compared to the amount that puts you to sleep in a normal benzo-day?

Keep in mind though, that I have probably overdone my binges numerous times in the past few months, just as the sleeaping problems started to appear. I mean, redosing too recklessly even in the late evening to strengthen the euphoria. Although now I think I only need to achieve a slight euphoria earlier in the binge and I can still feel motivated and concentrated for the whole of the evening before I try to go to sleep. The side-effects I've experieced from excessive speed binges have produced some pretty unpleasant symptoms, which I am not quite sure I had when I was dosing more carefully. I'm talking about stomach discomfort (sometimes intense), headaches, unpleasant buzzing in the brain, etc. I think I am going to reduce my doses to see if I could sleep after a binge again.

Has anyone had similar problems or do you just think I dose too much on my heavy binges, also later in evening, which prevents me from sleeping even with heavy medication. I do have some trazodone at hand but damn I don't know about using that to get some sleep. I might have some Quetipiane lying around somewhere as well, but if the Hydroxyzine's antihistamine sedation does not help, I kinda think Quetipiane wouldn't help either, as I've understood Quetipiane's sedative/hypnotic effects are mainly achieved through the same antihistamine mechanism.

Sorry for the long post, I hope this can provide some valuale information to bingers with similar experiences. Oh and by the way, I am not a totally new member, I just forgot the passwords of the previous acounts and my emails linked to those accounts are no longer in use.

Sounds like you take a whole gang of different shit, and your body has built up a tolerance to those.

I have only used a handful of times, so I don't know if it will work for you or not, but nyquil always puts me out when I'm withdrawing from oxymorphone.

Funny, how I'm actually in the same boat right now. Been sick for about 48 hours, and shared my last tiny 0.5mg of sub with a friend in need. This was at 7am Monday morning, and at 7pm Monday, he gave me a decent sized line, but it seems like it's mostly worn off now. Except for no sleep.

Good luck to you.

when i do speed, i just accept the fact that im not going to sleep for maybe a few nights. After 2 nights awake, on the 3rd night i always am able to sleep with 100mg Trazodone . Im also on methadone , and i suspect that helps in some regard too.