• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can't sleep after last candy flip

cloudandmountain

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, so I've been an MDMA user for 2 years and about 2 weeks ago I took LSD with my molly. I had done this twice in the past. I slept 2 consecutive nights after my dosage, but started having insomnia issues the following night and it has continued since. There's a sting that comes in waves in the upper back side of my head that I believe is constituting to the issue. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else, if they recovered, and how long it took. I am very concerned, but trying to stay positive as I know it's the only way to keep going. I appreciate any advice, thanks!

Both insomnia and weird head issues can happen after MDMA, usually it just takes some time but there are things that will speed recovery along.

My first recommendation is to learn mindfulness and learn to breathe deeply through the stomach. Second recommendation is the average healthy lifestyle - cardio and a good diet. Correct poor neck and shoulder posture if you have forward head posture - the nerves that arise from the back of the head/neck can give rise to these head sensations.

Just for the record - the abnormal head sensations are an issue with the cranial nerves that are outside the skull and around the neck/skull interface, not from the brain itself.

Is there a way for these nerves to recover? Like I'm having troubles with reading and memory and I want to know if it's possible that I can get it back.

Of course they recover, it just takes people time. Try to relax in the mean time and learn about mindfulness. I recommend the Headspace app for starters.

Thanks for the tip! Was also prescribed seroquel for sleep, keeps me asleep for several hours, but I eventually wake up in the night. I have my apprehensions about rx as is, but am willing to do anything for sleep. Any recommendations for non rx? I've tried melatonin and chamomille.

Is insomnia the only 'mental' symptom or do you also have anxiety and/or depression?

Before the insomnia I've had anxiety, but nothing that has contributed to as much sleeplessness as this.