• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can't sleep a few days after taking MDMA (was able to sleep for first few nights)

Partylegend

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

So swim has recently been Ibiza for 3 nights where I took 1.5 pink soundcloud pills each night.

Swim had a great time and was able to sleep each night after taking said pills. Swim was also able to sleep first night back in bed in villa in Spain. However, the next night, so a full 48 hours after taking the last of the pills, swim was unable to sleep.

Having got a bit paranoid, I started searching to see if others had similar problems during the night. I'm not sure whether it was the paranoia keeping swim awake or if it is an unexpected drug, or even serotonin syndrome?

Is someone able to to advise? Swim has not enjoyed the last night and is unsure whether worrying (and increasing heart beat to match) is just me being paranoid or if it is some other problem!

Thanks guys

Welcome to BL, no swimming allowed here.

Impossible to say what you took but it's likely to be anxiety keeping you up, since you were able to fall asleep the first night. Try to relax.

Serotonin syndrome can be mild (tremor, diarrhea) or severe (high body temp, agitation, rigidity, seizures, etc) but usually presents within a few hours, not days afterwards.

Certain medications and herbal pills can contribute to SS as well.

3 nights of mdma in a row is bad for your brain and can lead to brain zaps... try to mix it up next time.

If things get worse, or if you are looking for peace of mind, see a doctor.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help. I'm thinking there's a possibility that there was some meth in the pills but still not sure that makes sense given that I was able to sleep every night just having taken them plus one night after before I was getting this.

Serotonin syndrome is impossible, that happens during a roll, not after. And it only happens if you took some other drug that has a specific influence on serotonin alongside the MDMA, eg. MAOI anti-depressants or if you took a HUGE dose. And by huge I mean several hundred mgs. You would have landed in the hospital that same night if you had serotonin syndrome

I think it's your brain under stress from rolling 3 days in a row. Just wait it out it will pass. MDMA (and stimulants in general) are known to cause rebound anxiety which when mild might be unfelt but can cause insomnia. You'll be fine. Try some intense exercise, that really works wonders for recovering from a drug binge. Get on with your life and it will pass, probably soon since this is the only after-effect you're experiencing. This suspicion is confirmed further by you having an elevated heartbeat, which anxiety also causes. You are fine, I'm sure of it and you will feel fine in the next coming days if you stop stressing about this

That makes me feel much better about the situation. Just need to keep busy, thanks a lot!