View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

can't shake bad vibes

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Yesterday my friend took some really potent blotter (genuine LSD) and he freaked out really bad. He thought he had killed himself and was looping heavily. He then proceeded to think he had killed everyone he was close to. He was unable to recognize his surroundings or understand speech. He became violent, socked me in the jaw, got naked and even urinated on my mom without knowing what he was doing. He was screaming and in very obvious physical and emotional pain for a lot of the trip. Anyway, he was radiating this crazy energy and I know I wasn't the only one who felt it. My mom felt like she was vibrating and it was bringing tears to my eyes. The animals were totally freaking out too.

He's gotten better, although I'm still concerned for him. He seems normal, but just thinking about the look in his eye makes me sweat and sends shivers through my body. Ever since, I have had this horrible depressed feeling of dread that I can't shake. I can't even describe it, but it's always there, no matter what I'm thinking about, and it's making me really upset. I can't seem to relax or rest my mind. Does anyone have any experience with this? What do I do?

Really doesn't sound like actual lsd because I have never heard of a freak out at this level with violent behaviour, sounds like 25i. And there's nothing much you can do but I can tell you time will heal this it shouldn't last that long IMO.

Get a test kit. That sounds like it is not genuine LSD like you believe. What leads you to believe it is genuine?

That aside, it sounds like you need to find a way to feel comfortable with what happened, and this will be a step towards maturity. (I'm guessing you're pretty young, the older you get the easier it is to detach yourself from these kind of emotional impressions.) I suggest meditation; it will take time, but you will come to understand that your friend wasn't the person doing this as much as the chemical influence was driving his behavior and the person you were friends with and the person he was under the influence are not the same.

Try talking to him about it. Does he remember this? He may be feeling really bad about it and remember everything. He may be waiting for you to broach the subject and be feeling deeply ashamed. He also may not remember it at all.

In any case, before taking any more of this "genuine LSD" I recommend getting a test kit and confirming for yourself whether it is LSD or something else like 25i. https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_testing3.shtml

If you can't afford it, just throw it away. It is much better to be safe than sorry.

Get a test kit. That sounds like it is not genuine LSD like you believe. What leads you to believe it is genuine?

That aside, it sounds like you need to find a way to feel comfortable with what happened, and this will be a step towards maturity. (I'm guessing you're pretty young, the older you get the easier it is to detach yourself from these kind of emotional impressions.) I suggest meditation; it will take time, but you will come to understand that your friend wasn't the person doing this as much as the chemical influence was driving his behavior and the person you were friends with and the person he was under the influence are not the same.

Try talking to him about it. Does he remember this? He may be feeling really bad about it and remember everything. He may be waiting for you to broach the subject and be feeling deeply ashamed. He also may not remember it at all.

In any case, before taking any more of this "genuine LSD" I recommend getting a test kit and confirming for yourself whether it is LSD or something else like 25i. https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_testing3.shtml

If you can't afford it, just throw it away. It is much better to be safe than sorry.

He said it was genuine and its perfectly reasonable that something like that was LSD esp. if the tabs were potent. People freak out on LSD all the time even and esp. back in the day when blotters were laid a little stronger than they are now. Every time someone freaks out it doesn't have to be 25i. People have been freaking out on the classics for decades or longer. Getting naked seems to be a pretty standard thing for LSD melts.

Cryptic, I would just take a break from tripping for a couple weeks until you try and integrate it all. Sorry to hear about your friend, best of luck man.

I have had some bad freakouts that sent me to the hospital on LSD.

I also know exactly what you are talking about cryptic. Its almost like your usual vibe is thrown off. My friend had a really bad trip and was acting extremely violently towards everyone. He was fine after some sedatives and morphine, but for the next week everyone was just in a grim mood. I feel that these type of trips can be traumatic for everyone involved.

The best thing to do is talk about it, accept that it happened, and try to move on. It took a while for my friend and I to go back to "the way we was" but once we got through it (having a really close friend attack you with extreme malice is kinda intense) we had a much stronger bond than before.

Yes, there is no reason to believe that because of this circumstance the drug in question wasn't, eo ipso, LSD. LSD, and all drugs really, can lead to pretty bad behaviour. What's good here is your friend seems to be back to reality, but it's not surprising that you're having some difficulty accepting him after all that mess. Not just a matter of "vibes," whatever they may be, but just forgiveness and trust.

It was already tested. There is absolutely no reason to believe it wasn't LSD. I know the guy who laid it, and have known him for a long time. Acid is a very powerful substance and I've seen people do this exact same thing on verified LSD before. I've even taken some of this batch and I can confirm that it feels exactly like real L.

Thank you for the replies, everyone. This has been a bit of a rough ride and I appreciate it.

I already meditate almost every day. I've tried to talk to him about it but he doesn't want to talk at all, and at least claims not to remember much of it. During the trip, his self image seemed very distorted and he was very upset about a girl who he's in love with, who's sleeping around a lot. I haven't heard a word about her, he's the type to just push everything deeper down to escape it. He seemed really upset over all of the people he's hurt in his life as well. I told him that I'm always here if he needs to talk, and that I won't let anything he says change the way I think about him.

Yes there is no reason to believe that because of this circumstance the drug in question wasn't, eo ipso, LSD. LSD, and all drugs really, can lead to pretty bad behaviour. What's good here is your friend seems to be back to reality, but it's not surprising that you're having some difficulty accepting him after all that mess. Not just a matter of "vibes," whatever they may be, but just forgiveness and trust.

I'm a very non-judgemental person and I think of him as the same exact person as before. I tried to separate this experience from the person I know him to be, because none of this was his fault, and it wasn't within his grasp to be able to do anything about it at the time. I think that my personal feelings have something to do with this, but I assuredly trust and forgive him.

I think it's normal too. You can flip out from lsd just by being in the wrong mind state, which has happened to me before. I think the difference is that we all handle it a different way. Even with close friends, not everything is revealed to one another because everyone has to have some level of self-consciousness. Lsd can smash that barrier easily, and leave a person confused for sure. Looping usually tends toward the negative, or neutral, and if it is then it can spiral down pretty fast. It seems like that happened to him, and so he proceeded to act accordingly. I'm sure he was tripping hard as hell.

People who are constantly angry and negative usually have a lot of personal issues that need to be addressed, but it doesn't seem like your friend is like that. I've seen only one person like that and flip out too, and the result was that he condemned all psychedelics. So I think it's worse when someone like that takes these potent chems, but it can also be just as bad in the wrong mindset. Lsd is no joke, especially on high doses. Just my 2 cents though. :)

Does he still have the look in his eye? If it was me, I'd meditate heavily on it, then talk it through with him. Something happened, he connected with something unfriendly on the other side and has now likely disconnected (whether the look is still there) but is still probably affected by it and could possibly benefit from some time with a healer himself.

Does he still have the look in his eye? If it was me, I'd meditate heavily on it, then talk it through with him. Something happened, he connected with something unfriendly on the other side and has now likely disconnected (whether the look is still there) but is still probably affected by it and could possibly benefit from some time with a healer himself.

He hasn't talked to me at all since. I've called him every night. I'm really worried.

This is common for people who aren't familiar to large LSD doses receiving big doses. It can happen in the most comfortable of settings but tends to happen in unfamiliar or party settings. Provided there are no lasting effects and the person is completely back to normal try to ensure they are comfortable as they can be with the experience. If they were previously taking it and wish to try LSD again they should not take anything near the amount. If this was one of their first times it may be best for them to avoid it or return when they are versed in what is going on with the trip itself and researched a bit more.

If a person is not of harm to anyone around them or themselves they should not be given benzos in this situation, if they take LSD again they will be more likely to just slip into the same headspace, it's just part of the trip itself. Keep in mind that while repressed memories coming to surface is possible with psychedelics that the subconscious also manifests in weird ways.

This is common for people who aren't familiar to large LSD doses receiving big doses.

Thing is, he's taken a 10 strip before and been fine, but this time he took only 3 hits of the super strong stuff. The setting was a very familiar one to him.

If a person is not of harm to anyone around them or themselves they should not be given benzos in this situation, if they take LSD again they will be more likely to just slip into the same headspace, it's just part of the trip itself. Keep in mind that while repressed memories coming to surface is possible with psychedelics that the subconscious also manifests in weird ways.

He was a threat to both himself and others. He got physical with me more than once and left a bruise on my cheek bone. He was also talking about hurting himself a lot. It was so bad that he couldn't even recognize or swallow the valium, I had to put it in his mouth while he was screaming. He even bit my finger. The only coherent thing I saw him do that entire time was gulp down glass of water after glass of water, which he was too far gone to even ask for.