• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cant remember a thing from most smoke sessions/Weed is teasing me.

Ganj

Bluelighter
Most weekends I smoke quite a lot with people. My mothers house is out in the country and its got a good atmosphere as well as a huge TV. Sometimes we go there and just smoke and chill. Problem is I sort of you weed as a psychedelic substitute (which it simply isn't) and am always under the opinion if I smoke enough I will get visuals and some nice deep thoughts. This means my enjoyment level for weed is considerably higher than most peoples, so I have to be very high indeed to enjoy it as much as others who just like the buzz.

So by the end of the night, I cant even move and am stuck in circular and useless thought patterns, just simply too high to function. I only realised something was wrong when last night I watched a film that seemed strangely familiar, but that I thought I had never seen before. It was half way through the movie before I realised I had seen it before, just while so high I remembered nothing of it. I never have a clue what is happening in films when I'm this baked. Its just a series of scenes I cant even begin to put together into the story. We watch about 5-7 films in a row, but I remember nothing from any of them or even what they are called.

Surely I am going too far If I cant even remember a thing from the night? Or is this scenario similar to others?

The reason this happens is when I start getting high, I notice familiar psychedelic effects, a general sense of the enormity of what is to come and that sort of eeriness associated with coming up. This makes me think If I smoke enough weed I will have a small 'trip' so to speak (this has happened a few times before, but rarely).

Its like weed is holding a psychedelic trip meters from my face and I'm running on a treadmill trying to get to it by smoking more to no avail...

I'd like some insight into if I'm getting too high or if I just need to concentrate a little more on the films I am watching?

Thanks

Most weekends I smoke quite a lot with people. My mothers house is out in the country and its got a good atmosphere as well as a huge TV. Sometimes we go there and just smoke and chill. Problem is I sort of you weed as a psychedelic substitute (which it simply isn't) and am always under the opinion if I smoke enough I will get visuals and some nice deep thoughts. This means my enjoyment level for weed is considerably higher than most peoples, so I have to be very high indeed to enjoy it as much as others who just like the buzz.

So by the end of the night, I cant even move and am stuck in circular and useless thought patterns, just simply too high to function. I only realised something was wrong when last night I watched a film that seemed strangely familiar, but that I thought I had never seen before. It was half way through the movie before I realised I had seen it before, just while so high I remembered nothing of it. I never have a clue what is happening in films when I'm this baked. Its just a series of scenes I cant even begin to put together into the story. We watch about 5-7 films in a row, but I remember nothing from any of them or even what they are called.

Surely I am going too far If I cant even remember a thing from the night? Or is this scenario similar to others?

The reason this happens is when I start getting high, I notice familiar psychedelic effects, a general sense of the enormity of what is to come and that sort of eeriness associated with coming up. This makes me think If I smoke enough weed I will have a small 'trip' so to speak (this has happened a few times before, but rarely).

Its like weed is holding a psychedelic trip meters from my face and I'm running on a treadmill trying to get to it by smoking more to no avail...

I'd like some insight into if I'm getting too high or if I just need to concentrate a little more on the films I am watching?

Thanks

I know the feeling, what you've described is exactly how I used to feel all the time. Bit of advice though, calm down on your usage now before the anxiety issues kick in, heavy smoking like this is what generally causes it. It won't happen to me is what everyone thinks.

Just dont smoke quite as much is all I can reccomend, aside from taking a little break.

Well, high or not, if I watch 5-7 movies in a row, I'm NOT going to remember what I was watching the day after.

My advice: try smoking by yourself - do one bowl a day or whatever until you find a suitable high for yourself - depends on how much you're smoking and how long you take breaks between smoking. If nothing works, give yourself a week to a month without smoking, and that should help increase the high again.

Besides, it sounds like you're just doing this with your friends - getting high like that is obviously not going to last forever...I used to get high with my friends for 3-4 years, but then as you get older you can't smoke together because everyone's off living their lives. Enjoy it while it lasts dude...

Havent smoked by myself in 2 years and dont intend to start, my only rule :) I guess letting my tolerance come down a bit is a good idea. Anxiety issues don't sound great either.

Omni your right: Most of the time people proceed with their lives and move on to greater things, apart from a large proportion of my friends live in council housing on benefits and do nothing but smoke weed and steal. I'm one of the only ones still in school (mediocre grades) so I guess Ill be the one to leave them... Interesting thought.

Hoping ill be able to start enjoying weed for what it is instead of what I want it to be.

The problem with weed is; once the anxiety kicks in, weed stops being fun. So what do you do? You have to start mixing weed with alcohol. Then that doesn't seem fun anymore so you have to mix weed with ativan, then you have to mix weed with Vicodin, then you have to mix weed with meth, etc.

I've seen that happen to so many people. They think "Yeah, I have anxiety issues. Better smoke more weed!" When in reality, smoking less weed is what they should be doing. So when they start having panic attacks, and smoking more weed doesn't work - they go to their doctor and get prescribed Ativan. Of course they don't mention to their doctor that they're smoking weed. But anyways, they have to start smoking weed with Ativan, and that's when they get addicted to benzo's.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know - Benzodiazepine addiction is considered by some to be worse than opiate addiction. I tell you this because I read these posts all the time. Then within a couple months, they post another thread about how they got prescribed a benzo for anxiety. Then they abuse it, and get addicted.

I promised myself I wont ever fuck with opiates or benzos, prescribed or not, I've just heard too many bad stories. Thanks for the forewarning, they really do seem to turn down the volume on everything else in your life. Psychedelics give inspiration, opiates take it away.

I never have a clue what is happening in films when I'm this baked. Its just a series of scenes I cant even begin to put together into the story.

I only experience this when eating weed-cake, never with smoking.
Smoking sativa gets me highly absorbed in the story
Smoking indica puts me to sleep, how interesting the movie may be :)