• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

cant pee when tripping (can this be dangerous?)

MindTricks

Bluelighter
I dont usually take trips but when i do we always drink beers, then we take some MDMA to get night rolling and only then we take what ever trips we taking that night. When i finally start tripping very hard i cant take a piss for many hours and it starts tripping me out very badly and pretty much always can ruin my trip. I dont mind holding it in as long as its not dangerous in anyway...

Yes! than I usually get conscious of it....like oh shit everyone is gunna wonder why you standin here not pissing just get the fuck out. Soon as im out i feel like im gunna piss my pants. oh well.

i have pretty good technique when im on drugs like uppers or opioids and cant pee, i just put it under warm water and boom! easy peasy never failed :p but ill only do it when i am at home obviously, when i want to get some sleep and need a pee. I cant exactly do this when im with my friends somewhere and specially when im tripping lol

Well having a good flow of hydration (drinking water - not too much though, that is also seriously dangerous, if you drink too much liquids without excreting them cells in your body can burst) and peeing is always healthy and not great on the kidney-bladder system if it stops especially if you keep drinking water or beer.
Beer (the alcohol in it) is a diuretic, it messes with hormones making you pee a lot more - as most of us know. ;)
So not a handy combo here..

The not being able to pee is much more typical for uppers (stims) than for psychedelics - though some psychedelics do activate the nervous system and muscles in a way. The reason here is that if muscles tighten up, you are decreasingly able to relax particular muscles you need to pee. Those muscles are not as easily controlled accurately as your normal limb / skeletal muscles. That's why the best strategy is to try and relax every muscle in your body without falling down of course. Then along with the rest, the peeing muscles should relax making it possible. But if you take too many stims this too will get very difficult.

Well having a good flow of hydration (drinking water - not too much though, that is also seriously dangerous, if you drink too much liquids without excreting them cells in your body can burst) and peeing is always healthy and not great on the kidney-bladder system if it stops especially if you keep drinking water or beer.
Beer (the alcohol in it) is a diuretic, it messes with hormones making you pee a lot more - as most of us know. ;)
So not a handy combo here..

The not being able to pee is much more typical for uppers (stims) than for psychedelics - though some psychedelics do activate the nervous system and muscles in a way. The reason here is that if muscles tighten up, you are decreasingly able to relax particular muscles you need to pee. Those muscles are not as easily controlled accurately as your normal limb / skeletal muscles. That's why the best strategy is to try and relax every muscle in your body without falling down of course. Then along with the rest, the peeing muscles should relax making it possible. But if you take too many stims this too will get very difficult.

ah i see i never knew why its happening thx

so drinking steady just little bit of water to keep hydrated and my mouth wet should be fine? even if i cant pee ? i just find it very hard when im tripping its like peeing makes no sense to me lol its weird i cant explain it

If you go partying and dancing and stuff, active on the rolls and trips you need to replenish by drinking water especially if you drink alcohol, the fact that your bladder is full and you cannot empty it does not make it fine to drink only bits of water to wet your mouth.
Also drink sips over time, don't wait a few hours before then chugging a big bottle of water... that way you can avoid having all that water going straight to your bladder so to speak. Your body will be able to use it the right way better I think.

Balance is key here, try drinking a glass of water every hour and do your best to try and pee even though it is difficult - then slow down (the beer is included in this of course!) if you are truly unable to pee... but don't skip the water altogether.

Also, just don't take crazy amounts of drugs if you don't want health problems - MDMA + LSD is heavy on the brain and body, peeing is probably a lesser concern.

If you go partying and dancing and stuff, active on the rolls and trips you need to replenish by drinking water, the fact that your bladder is full and you cannot empty it does not make it fine to drink only bits of water to wet your mouth.

Balance is key here, try drinking a glass of water every hour and do your best to try and pee even though it is difficult - then slow down if you are truly unable to pee... but don't skip the water altogether.

i never go raving when tripping, its always chilled out involvement with my friends. So you saying instead of taking small sips just have a drink every hour ?

EDIT: nvm saw your edit thx for tip :)

Urine retention is very common with me and tryptamines. Lsd does it to a degree but shrooms, 4 sub tryptamines etc. Its common and as far as I know harmless. Try sitting down if you're a guy when tripping if u feel like you can go. Or just jump in the shower that usually dues the trick if it's uncomfortable.
I notice the next day I wake up and I'll piss for like 3 mins. Just completely unloaded like a horse. So I wouldn't let it get to your head. Shulgin noticed fluid retention kept creeping up on him in many tihkal entrys.
Just stay hydrated and you will be fine.