• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cant nod. ??

HiTolerance86

Greenlighter
hey guys im new here, so my friend has a question, hes been only using opiates for 3 years, he started chewing a patch, but then insuffed heroin for the next 2 years unlimited amounts it was free up to 5-8gs a day
he always nodded. he has a wife who started at same time as him and followed the same path, they are both in mmt for days they couldnt afford h everyday, only 40mg for both
they both nodded for 2 years but she always more than him. now they have steady raw powdered fent for a year and barely go to drink anymore thinking maybe it blocked for him, she nodds every time and he dosnt still,but why does the same drink mg hold them both. but he gets a rush and a high but no tiredness or nodd like before, he switched to iv fent use and still wont nod. she stayed smoking fent powder.
why cant he nod. he tried benzos everything. his tolerance is monstrous he even bangs most a .6 of raw fent. there are people out here who use perks for years and still nod. I get it his tolerance is high but he is getting a rush and a high still. he is depressed, and wants it everyday but then after he does his shot wonders and questions why hes even going through all this for nothing. and feels bad because his nieve girlfriend is so innocent and has no clue about life as hes 10years older.8(8(8(8(8(8:)?:?:|:(:(:(

OP, try to relax and enjoy the drugs you choose to consume. There's more to a drug's enjoyment than being so blotto you basically pass out (AKA - nod out). I mean, it can be a nice part (everyone has their own preferences of course) of a drug's MO but there's hopefully a lot more to it than just that. Be calm and enjoy.

"insufllated heroin for the next 2 years (in) unlimited amounts, it was free up to 5-8gs a day" dam , you working for the French (or South American) connection? Quite the envious position you were in.

So yeah, receptors can become "tired" as your body tries to normalize with that massive intake of diamorph. Receptor downregulation and internalization can create gargantuan tolerances. Your wife being younger, doing less and having a different metabolism is not going to react identically to the way you do, maybe a twin brother of yours might but even then differences might occur.

The mu receptor linking to adenyl cyclase makes it even worse as tolerance grows and grows with the Fent pushing it to the limit. I can't imagine the cost if you were forking over cash for all that. There is no where left to go with opioids.
I'm sure you already know this but long term anhedonia will be with you forever if you don't turn this around. Great caution will also need to be exercised if you get clean, then relapse trying to do those massive doses.

You're at the end of this road and it's time to turn around and take your innocent wife with you. It won't be an easy trip back but you should start now as the road will only get steeper if you continue.

Best of Luck to You and Especially Your Wife.

hey thanks for the reply's. i understand what you are saying, but, he just started iving and not nodding seems strange and she still nodds on smoking it. hes only been using for 3 years total. tolerance could be the reason but why does he get the rush and the high. its just not a tired nodding high anymore but it was before. i think this is a rare case.

Motherfirefly

Yeah my mate has the same prob, been on oxy/heroin for years and never gets to nod anymore.Only thing left is to go as long as you can into rattleville and then enjoy the relief of dosing up again.Not much fun but then opiates never were much fun to begin with.
Of all the substances my mate has been addicted to opiates are the absolute totally stand alone worst!. I hope you find peace...and a nod!

the drink holds him at only 40mg which is strange, it will only hold if he takes it 3 days in advance so if he knows hel be hard up for doe he will go 3 days in a row before to build up. its strange that his tolerance appear high and hes on raw fent iving but only on 40mg. i think its because most people would like to be more than comfortable daily, whereas he would rather fight a bit and stay lower and not be blocked. u would think he should nod if hes only at 40mg, like i said rare case. maybe he should goto one of those drug overnight testing facilities that pay you for your time and data. he would be a good rat with this odd problem.

please speak in the first person singular, we know you're speaking about yourself OP :)
and re: your non-nodding problem; yeah you need to taper down, not CT, but taper til you've lowered your tolerance significantly.