• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can't Handle Bud!!

jjabrams

Greenlighter
About a year ago I smoked some bud (that smelled a Lil like gas) 20mins in the high is fine then it starts getting really intense and I get a VERY VERY bad headache that feels like some things moving from the back of my head to the front . The day before the high started getting intense but it calmed down and stayed comfortable . And the day I had the trip I ate some of the left over bud from the blunt.

Fast forward a few months later I develop and severe sensitivity to caffeine which results in bad anxiety . And intense breathing and anxiety that causes weird feelings in my head xD

I wanna know if I can handle weed again ? Will it have the same effects ? Since I can't handle caffeine can I even handle weed? I really need help , and I don't want to have a bad trip . Any tips or insight?

er... if you can't handle caffeine's stimulating effects then i can't see how you'd be able to handle THC's, however, i personally have recently come to dislike the way caffeine makes me feel - not that i can't handle it, i just see no need to consume it if i don't enjoy how it's making me feel..

why would anyone want to do something that's not letting them enjoy how they feel is beyond me so if i were you i'd either try it out and see how you react.. or.. just... don't bother at all?

er... if you can't handle caffeine's stimulating effects then i can't see how you'd be able to handle THC's, however, i personally have recently come to dislike the way caffeine makes me feel - not that i can't handle it, i just see no need to consume it if i don't enjoy how it's making me feel..

why would anyone want to do something that's not letting them enjoy how they feel is beyond me so if i were you i'd either try it out and see how you react.. or.. just... don't bother at all?

I noticed the insensitivity to caffeine a couple months after . I feel as if there connected , how similar would you say caffeine and weed are?

Mine explaining how caffeine makes you feel ? Any information that can help is appreciated

I'm appreciating the feed back a ton , so small hits should dampen any bad effect ? And just to be clear my insensitivity to caffeine doesn't include weed . Correct , all I have is joints so I'm essentially gonna take small sips per say , and see if it feels uncomfortable or if I feel anything bad (headache , anxiety,) Hopefully if it does turn out well it can diminish the anxiety I already have

Yeah , if I drink anything with caffeine , it can end up initiating heightened awareness and paranoia which inevitably will lead to an panic attack

Any suggestion on how I should go about smoking the bud ? To keep any bad effect at a minimum , I don't wanna get a heart attack or something

Last edited by a moderator:
Start out with a tiny little hit and go from there.

Start with a low dose and work your way up, allowing enough time between tokes to guage how high you are from the amount already consumed. Gonna be easiest with a pipe of some kind, as a joint or blunt continues to burn when you're not smoking it, preventing slow intake without massive waste.

-CTdopeLove

tiny hit, wait 5 mins, another tiny hit, wait 5 mins

take it slow and try underestimate how much u will need to get a buzz

I personally don't like caffeine because it makes me slightly anxious but I'm fine when I smoke bud. It might be the same way with you too, but like everyone else said you should start small if you plan on trying it again.

if you have anxiety, smoking weed is more likely to worsen it. if ya have some self-restraint u should be ok

if you have anxiety, smoking weed is more likely to worsen it. if ya have some self-restraint u should be ok

Ah so are you saying restrain myself and don't smoke a shit ton/ overboard , or restrain myself and don't smoke at all ?

I'm a light weight so taking a small hit should be enough to feel a buzz . I'll stop if the buzz is uncomfortable or if I feel tingly in the head or something . And try again maybe like a week or so later . Thou I doubt a small hit would be enough to make me feel anything too bad

Last question : If things so work pretty nicely with the small hits , do you think it will help with my anxiety and the tingly ness in my fore head ? Thanks for the answers and feed back your helping a ton

i just think use moderately so once-a few times a week. if i have weed i usually cant control myself with it so i wake and bake and smoke so much it exhacerbates my anxiety/depression. i sometimes get pressure in my head when very stoned and its just a part of it, it can be transformed into something great or u can resist it.

getting less high and lesss iften will make u less anxious. if u find smoking weed un-enjoyable in general, u dont have to, its not everyones thing.

Ya I feel ya , I just love how I used to be able to smoke it . Im gonna see what happens and see how anxious I get after a tiny hit of a joint . I'll come back and tell you guys about my attempts , and how I felt

I only had one bad trip out of all the amazing trips I'd had before

I only had one bad trip out of all the amazing trips I'd had before

hey please don't double post. just use the edit feature :).

weed can sometimes make me feel as though it's turning on me but that only when i'm in a stressful state or repressing some kinds of emotions & thoughts. once my head is clear, the high is always enjoyable. the come-up anxiety is just that to me. the initial effects are usually stimulating.

The only time I get any negative effects from weed is when my tolerance is way down, in which case smoking too much can cause some paranoia and anxiety. The more you think about it the more it will affect you too, so if for example you think you're having trouble breathing, all of a sudden you will really feel like you're having trouble breathing, etc.

Anxiety can be a vicious, self-fulfilling prophecy, the more you worry about it the more likely you will experience it, so just go with the flow and keep your dose low, or pass on the 'dro and just say no! =D

-CTdopeLove

I'm starting to think a small hit won't even cause a headache . Couldn't be that bad I'll take a small joint hit I should guuudd