Admin Attention cant get the advanced html controls only basic text box...

the toad

Bluelighter
That's pretty much the problem... I have it set to advanced editor on my settings but just get the simple text box... I have to manually input nsfw tags and such... and I used to use the link tool that let me make the link read on the page as whatever I chose...

Also down in the "posting permissions" box inotice it says...
B code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off

It used to work fine till the big bluelight switch over... ever since then it hasn't...

Is there some setting I'm overlooking?

There is one other possibility... I got a new phone due to a faulty chaging port about the time bluelight went offline... I got the exact same phone as a replacement... with the updated android operating system compared to my old one... other forum sites that I visit I don't have this problem with tho and seeing as its an option on bluelight not my phone that it shouldn't matter...

Last edited:
I think that skillz-4-thrillz was having the same problem. I'm trying to think of what she did to fix it. If you are to manually type it in, here is what it would look like, using the URL of this page as an example.

[URL="http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/599928-cant-get-the-advanced-html-controls-only-basic-text-box..."]http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/599928-cant-get-the-advanced-html-controls-only-basic-text-box...[/URL]

Where the URL is written out the second time is where I have to delete it and put in whatever words I want it to appear as.

Edit: This may help.
If you go to Settings --> My Settings --> General Settings, there are two options under the Miscellaneous Options towards the bottom of the page. The "Standard Editor" option included the extra formatting controls, so make sure that one is selected. There is also the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading on" option which you should probably have on.

Last edited:
first off:

Also down in the "posting permissions" box inotice it says...

HTML code is Off

... that's always been the case. no-one on BL from greenlighter to engineer has ever had HTML enabled for posting. this is unrelated to the problems you're having.

-----

post-upgrade, the NSFW button isn't there for anyone, and the "Insert Image" button is still broken.

not sure why the "Insert URL" button isn't working for you.

There are no button at all for me to even try to click on anymore... I've tried adjusting all those settings but to no avail... even if I hit "go advanced" I still have just a plain text box with no buttons to click...

Ill ask skillz what she did... she's a friend of mine and always super helpful =D

This has been a problem for some people before, pre-upgrade.

1. If you're using a phone, what is your browser?
2. Chrome has been known (in years past) to baulk at the WYSIWIG editor.
3. Have you tried a different browser?
4. Are there any browser settings or plugins intended to interfere with / limit javascript?

Last edited: