• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can't get much out of morphine anymore

Yes, exactly those little grey ones that say 100mgs. You must be right, my tolerance must be up a lot. I was in Laos in December and had access to 90-100% pure heroin so that might have something to do with it. 500mgs of H lasted me 3 days there!!!

It is strange as I don't see myself as physicalle dependant, but it seems like even intermittent ratcheting up of doses increases tolerance.

It seems to be a combination of dosage, frequency of use , and time since inception of opiate usage (200mgs of morphine, 3-4 times a week until mid-Jan, now once a forthnight for me, 2.5 years of usage)

I so envy you man, I would love to go to Laos and do a decent bit o gear like we use to get in the early to late 70s. Back then most of the gear came from the 'G' triangle, not like the shit we get these days from the so called golden crescent. I use to listen to a pall of mine who spent quite a bit of time in Thailand, tell stories about how good the gear was compared to what we get here after fuck knows how many times it's been stepped on. But even what we got then was so much better than the really weak shit these days. I got busted in 86 with 6 oz and it came back from Metropolitan police forensic laboritary as 36% heroin, the rest was manatol and can't remember what else. I don't know what's the average percentage these days but from what I've read on the internet, I don't know whether to believe it or not it's so low. As it goes right now I'm staying with my methadone cos I resent paying good money for total crap. Don't you ever get the urge to go back to Laos, now that you have tasted the real thing. If I went there I wouldn't ever wanna come back to uk.

I withdrew of opiates an benzos a while ago - some might remember.

Recently I infrequently take some morphine (Ms Contin 100s - 2 of em crushed swallow most, snort some)

I only use once a forthnight, so much less than the 3-4 times a week last year.

However I just can't feel much from the M anymore. I barely feel high, don't itch at all really.

Could it just be the time release or is my body just not into anymore?

Anybody else ever had this experience?

To be honest, if this is how it feels I might totally quit as it doesn't feel worth it ....

Dude, I had the exact same experience. I did have, that is until I got put back on benzos by myself, and now taking codeine is hunkydory.

Except, mine differs from your case, as I feel like shit while taking codeine/other opi8's...shit myself, can't shit, have this fucked up itchiness thang going on.

I believe it's a long term way of your body saying 'FUCK YOU ARSEHOLE FOR PUTTING ME THROUGH PSYCHOLOGICAL/EMOTIONAL HELL YOU CUNT!'.

I'ma stay tuned on this one, I am intrigued!

maybe it is a blessing in disguise?

I'm going to be the second one to quite spacejunk here just for emphasis. While I hate to lecture people or tell them what I think they should be doing, the fact is this is one area of my life that I probably would have really benefited and been grateful for someone to have been strict, stern and lectured me. Read the darkside for reasons why. I don't think you will have a problem as you don't get that buzz (might just be your individual chemistry) but if you do find you're regularly using then a really smart idea is to tell a close friend, who doesn't currently use opiates (other drugs are ok), so you can converse and check up on each other. I had a friend who really looked out for me and it made a huge difference (she uses meth so I knew she'd be sympathetic to drug use).

I know this may be irrelevant for you what was it, but they are high doses of morphine so just by going a bit higher to get a buzz you could kickstart a habit a lot faster than most.

Hahaha, have already planned a trip back for either December or Easter 2013. It's good fun, clean H and i actually enjoy travelling the place.

I'm going to be the second one to quite spacejunk here just for emphasis. While I hate to lecture people or tell them what I think they should be doing, the fact is this is one area of my life that I probably would have really benefited and been grateful for someone to have been strict, stern and lectured me. Read the darkside for reasons why. I don't think you will have a problem as you don't get that buzz (might just be your individual chemistry) but if you do find you're regularly using then a really smart idea is to tell a close friend, who doesn't currently use opiates (other drugs are ok), so you can converse and check up on each other. I had a friend who really looked out for me and it made a huge difference (she uses meth so I knew she'd be sympathetic to drug use).

I know this may be irrelevant for you what was it, but they are high doses of morphine so just by going a bit higher to get a buzz you could kickstart a habit a lot faster than most.

Yeah I've thought about this. The higher the dose the more easily I will get WDs obviously. At these doses I'd have to go for a max of once a forthnight or less or it'll get out of control again. I REALLY have no intention of going back to 3-4 times a week. Since I have slowed down my brain is working a lot better, I remember more shit, am happier and have more energy/testosterone.The benzos were probably the worst part of my addiction as they turn us into zombies so I have happily quit them for good. I am not totally ready to let the opies go though. They are kind of like a family member to me....would be pretty nasty to kick them out of my house so to speak. I think I'll treat them like a mother-in-law....stay away from her as much as possible but sometimes have to just engage with her!!!

I have set myself a date for next usage...something I have never done before - 4th of March.

I withdrew of opiates an benzos a while ago - some might remember.

Recently I infrequently take some morphine (Ms Contin 100s - 2 of em crushed swallow most, snort some)

wow thats a fuck load of morphine for an infrequent user. the analgesic dose of morphine is about 30-45mg. your well doing alot. an insane amount.

In any case there is this awesome calculator that lets you work out the equiv dose of an alternate opiate. http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

Agreed ^^.

If you are infrequently taking such large amounts of morphine sulphate, then you could underestimate your tolerance towards it, not feeling fucked up, but respiratory depression leading to cardiac arrest.

Be careful dude. Maybe it's a way of your body saying "No more morphine for me please What was it?". I don't know.

You need to prep them the same way you would prep them for IV then plug or snort.

I would say the is a very big chance that the slow release thing is stuffing it up for you. You need to by pass it.

Are you aware of the problems with first pass hepatic metabolism of oral morphine.

If not google it or ask specific questions here. I can't remember the exact figues but something like half of the morphine in an oral dose is destroyed by the liver. Same with heroin.

So 100mg IV might be equivalent to over 200mg orally. Snorting, smoking and plugging also by pass the liver avoiding first pass hepatic metabolism.

How do I go about prepping these waxy MFcking MsContin 100s? I just can't imagine one CAN even prep them. It takes me 20 mins with a razor blade to get it somewhat fine but it still all sticks as the wax is within the pill. How does one circumvent that? Also, I think I can get a hand on Ordine 10 next time round....that's 10mg Morphine per ml, 200mls (so 2g). That'll make things easier. I intend on plugging this gear (even though the glycerol content in Ordine worries me - laxative when plugged)

I might bump into you there (if you go in 2012). %)

I'll have to do the narco check on you...i.e. we'd catch up in a public place...bar or something in Vientiane.

Man you'd have a heap of fun there...very relaxed place !! %)

Agreed ^^.

If you are infrequently taking such large amounts of morphine sulphate, then you could underestimate your tolerance towards it, not feeling fucked up, but respiratory depression leading to cardiac arrest.

Be careful dude. Maybe it's a way of your body saying "No more morphine for me please What was it?". I don't know.

Funny thing is the respiratory 'depression' if we want to call it that is mild. I recollect instances in the past where I was huffing and puffing from 150mgs of DHC. No, respiratory depression does not seem a grave risk at these doses. In early January I had 1mg of Flunitrazepam, 500mls of red wine and 160mgs of Oxycodone. THAT was seriously concerning. That was the second strongest experience in my life with opiates. (barring very clean H at 15...200mgs smoked)

wow thats a fuck load of morphine for an infrequent user. the analgesic dose of morphine is about 30-45mg. your well doing alot. an insane amount.

In any case there is this awesome calculator that lets you work out the equiv dose of an alternate opiate. http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

I was doing 3-4 times a week last year so there is a large tolerance carry over. It doesn't go away that fast apparently. I barely feel anything off 200mgs of codeine or 100mgs of DHC. In hospital I was iv'ed and IM'ed 30mgs first hour and then 20mgs every 3 hours and even then it didn't get me really high (the Contins are time-release so the dosage is pretty similar)

Last edited by a moderator: