Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can't get much out of morphine anymore

What was it?

Bluelighter
I withdrew of opiates an benzos a while ago - some might remember.

Recently I infrequently take some morphine (Ms Contin 100s - 2 of em crushed swallow most, snort some)

I only use once a forthnight, so much less than the 3-4 times a week last year.

However I just can't feel much from the M anymore. I barely feel high, don't itch at all really.

Could it just be the time release or is my body just not into anymore?

Anybody else ever had this experience?

To be honest, if this is how it feels I might totally quit as it doesn't feel worth it ....

Man ur tolerance is through the roof Im guessing. Ur body has developed a natural tolerance, I personally know how strong them bloody things are. I foolishly took a whole 100mg pill once (I did have a moderate opiate tolerance for other opiates at the time) and it hammered me so so hard. Vomiting next day and could not get up for a whole day. Was so strong it knocked me out for atleast 10 hours. I thought having used sooo much hydromorphone, oxys and codeine all at the same time multiple times a week Id have no problems having that much, oh how wrong was I. If u need some sort of pain relief then I suggest switching to some other form of opiate. They the tiny little grey pills made by mundipharma?

maybe it not being worth it is a blessing in disguise?

if not, and you really just wanna catch a buzz every now and then, i'd recommend getting some nigella sativa. you can get them in seed form, or an oil extract - but i've had good results with the seeds.
i chewed up a tablespoon or two (with honey) and had some poppy pod tea (a little less than my usual dose) and it really took me by surprise how much it potentiates. a dose that would normally make me feel 'normal' had me nodding and put me in that half awake/half dream state all night - i was fucking high.
in fact, if you are going to try this, i must insist that you take less than your normal dose - to begin with, anyway.
i didn't think it would work, but it really did. it doesn't seem effective if you do it every day, but if you are just using recreationally, it might be worth a shot.

then again, as i said - it might be better for you to have just lost the magic, especially if it keeps you away from getting a habit again.

Have u tried potentiating with DXM? Its a ritual for me to do opiates with a very small dose of DXM. Cant really remember how well it worked as I was always polydrug using. Could always try to add sum buds?

It's probably a tolerance remaining from your previous habit; it never goes back down to zero and some people retain an unusually high tolerance even after a long washout period. That plus the poor absorption that oral and nasal routes offer is probably your problem.

As spacejunk said though, this is probably a blessing in disguise. :)

OP if you are deadset on getting high perhaps you could plug your morphine? I dont want to suggest intravenous use being that that is obviously a risky road to go down, not to mention these are pills, but plugging may get you where you want to be.

i've plugged morphine be4 and yeah, the high wasn't better than taken it oral and nasal, i just think its shit BA all rounds except if you IV/IM it ^^.

no high = take more ;>

^ I thought the high was way better plugged then oral or nasal, but your mileage may vary I suppose. There are variables that can affect the success of intrarectal administration.

It's probably a tolerance remaining from your previous habit; it never goes back down to zero and some people retain an unusually high tolerance even after a long washout period. That plus the poor absorption that oral and nasal routes offer is probably your problem.

As spacejunk said though, this is probably a blessing in disguise. :)

Yeh I have a similar problem as the OP and I think you're right Mr Blonde. I was reading studies a long time ago which described short term and long term mechanism for tolerance to opiates. Long term tolerance included altered gene expression, which could theoretically persist for life. I can still "feel" opiates but I haven't nodded in forever, even taking huge doses like the OP.

^ I thought the high was way better plugged then oral or nasal, but your mileage may vary I suppose. There are variables that can affect the success of intrarectal administration.

If done correctly plugging is heaaaps better. A lot better than most ROA's.

maybe it not being worth it is a blessing in disguise?

if not, and you really just wanna catch a buzz every now and then, i'd recommend getting some nigella sativa. you can get them in seed form, or an oil extract - but i've had good results with the seeds.
i chewed up a tablespoon or two (with honey) and had some poppy pod tea (a little less than my usual dose) and it really took me by surprise how much it potentiates. a dose that would normally make me feel 'normal' had me nodding and put me in that half awake/half dream state all night - i was fucking high.
in fact, if you are going to try this, i must insist that you take less than your normal dose - to begin with, anyway.
i didn't think it would work, but it really did. it doesn't seem effective if you do it every day, but if you are just using recreationally, it might be worth a shot.

then again, as i said - it might be better for you to have just lost the magic, especially if it keeps you away from getting a habit again.

WOW!

I just tried this and it totally works. It works so well that I want to repeat spacejunks warning; be careful, this shit takes you by surprise and you might OD, or fall a sleep at the wheel!

2 tablespoons or less of Nigella sativa seeds, chewed and swallowed 20 minutes before dosing PST.

The dose of PST was my daily maintenance dose, so I shouldn't have felt very little from it but :D Fuck I'm high and it is still building 1.5 hours into it. **be careful

wow this is a strong doseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdqdvvvvvvvvvv (typo included for impact :D )

shit! sorry all,

I just nodded the fuck out!

7+ hours in and this is definitely not placebo. My nose is rubbed red raw from junk itch :D

Thanks spacejunk!

^ haha - amazing stuff huh? :)
it's not like adding antihistamines for increased sedation. glad you like it, sonny jim.
for me in turned an average maintenance dose into a really massive stone. more than i've ever had from poppy tea.
nigella satvia = potentiation x5. that's my rough estimate anyhow.
play safe kids!

WOW!

I just tried this and it totally works. It works so well that I want to repeat spacejunks warning; be careful, this shit takes you by surprise and you might OD, or fall a sleep at the wheel!

2 tablespoons or less of Nigella sativa seeds, chewed and swallowed 20 minutes before dosing PST.

The dose of PST was my daily maintenance dose, so I shouldn't have felt very little from it but :D Fuck I'm high and it is still building 1.5 hours into it. **be careful

wow this is a strong doseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdqdvvvvvvvvvv (typo included for impact :D )

shit! sorry all,

I just nodded the fuck out!

7+ hours in and this is definitely not placebo. My nose is rubbed red raw from junk itch :D

Thanks spacejunk!

I see, I see. So, where would I get this 'Nigella Sativa' that you speak of?

edit: apologies if this somehow breaches the rules.

think wholesalers, bags of grain and cereal. or indian grocers or middle eastern supermarkets.
also sometimes referred to as black seed or black cumin and a couple of other names. i've seen it sold as 'kalonji' also - the name often depends on the cultural context of who is selling it (kalonji is the hindi name - hence it was labeled that in an indian store)
it is used as a spice, often seen on indian breads, or you may have seen it as the little black seeds on turkish bread.
it is also sold as an oil, but this is more expensive and harder to find IME.
quite a revered substance in various cultures - apparently the prophet mohammed said it is a remedy for "all diseases except for death".
that's a good enough endorsement for me.

edit - i can't emphasise the "be careful" warning enough. take a low dose of opiates - take less than you would usually need to get high, especially if you don't have a tolerance.
that way, at worst you will have no effect and have to take a bit more. the potentiation of this spice really took me by surprise. it works so well as to be potentially dangerous.

Thankyou, I'll be sure to take care. At least now I won't have to brew up two pots for a nice high.
Anyway, I've taken your advice and found an Indian spice store, which I would assume would sell the spice. And it's only 5 minutes from my Uni, i'll check it out.
Thanks again.

Yes, exactly those little grey ones that say 100mgs. You must be right, my tolerance must be up a lot. I was in Laos in December and had access to 90-100% pure heroin so that might have something to do with it. 500mgs of H lasted me 3 days there!!!

It is strange as I don't see myself as physicalle dependant, but it seems like even intermittent ratcheting up of doses increases tolerance.

It seems to be a combination of dosage, frequency of use , and time since inception of opiate usage (200mgs of morphine, 3-4 times a week until mid-Jan, now once a forthnight for me, 2.5 years of usage)

I tried but it is really hard. As the MSContins are waxy you can't really get them through the plunger. They tend to stick and clog up the narrow end of the syringe. I gave up on it.

I couldn't find it in the Hoyts brand.

The local deli with a "Somerset Cottage" brand spice rack had it. Nigella seed 100g net plastic jar for a few dollars. (I don't know if this constitute a breach of the AUDD rules, mods feel free)

5 times potency is no exaggeration. My friend has a tolerance of 240-360mg oxycodone per dose and he was fucked up from 2kg of medium strength seeds.

I can see someone dying from this very easily.

here is an article about treating opiate addiction with Nigella sativa.

It seemed to take a little while longer than usual to hit full effect, so don't be fooled or impatient. At first I thought, oh yeah, this is just a wishy washy thing like grape fruit juice but by the end of the first hour things were getting a tad awesome.

I tried but it is really hard. As the MSContins are waxy you can't really get them through the plunger. They tend to stick and clog up the narrow end of the syringe. I gave up on it.

You need to prep them the same way you would prep them for IV then plug or snort.

I would say the is a very big chance that the slow release thing is stuffing it up for you. You need to by pass it.

Are you aware of the problems with first pass hepatic metabolism of oral morphine.

If not google it or ask specific questions here. I can't remember the exact figues but something like half of the morphine in an oral dose is destroyed by the liver. Same with heroin.

So 100mg IV might be equivalent to over 200mg orally. Snorting, smoking and plugging also by pass the liver avoiding first pass hepatic metabolism.