• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't Get High On Vyvanse

Right on Keif. Vyvanse rocks out with its cock out! Its only supposed to get you high enough to produce more seritonin back into your frontal lobes and manage the brain's receptors distorted by prolonged drug use. Its these receptors when enlarged that makes you crave, and the larger from frequent use, the harder the crave

The thing is, there's no reason to pharmacologically differentiate Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) from Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine). Granted, the introduction of the Dextroamphetamine into the body is going to follow a more protracted path, but even according to the medical literature, once metabolized, Lisdexamphetamine follows the exact same pharmacokinetics of Dextroamphetamine.

We could probably use a hand from someone more acquainted with pharmacology, but I would venture to say that there are probably some people out there, with some kind of anomaly, that makes them less able to cleave the parent drug from the prodrug. We know that with many other substances, variables such as enzyme activity can greatly affect the potency/duration of various drugs, making some people virtually "immune" to some drugs, while others are affected in a very strong way.

I'd like to know more about this, but my knowledge is tapped at this point. I'm considering moving this to Neuroscience. Are there any objections?

Vyvanse is a much more smooth high. It was intended for oral use only, therefore you cannot get high by snorting it. Vyvanse doesn't make you 'high', only very focused and even can sometimes cause horrible anxiety. If you've already tried all those medications, Vyvanse would basically be a joke. Now, if Vyvanse was the first ADHD med you've ever taken, then you would feel like you're rolling! But you've already got such a high tolerance, so your body is expecting something stronger which Vyvanse just...isn't. Adderall is where it's at. Ritalin, for me, just gives me anxiety and makes me tired. I freaking love adderall though because you can snort it and it gives off the best fucking high. better than dope.

I lOVVVEEE Vyvanse. Too bad you can't experience all that it has to offer.

But again, it is the first amphetamine I have abused. I guess this is why I feel like I'm rolllllling.

I feel like I have a purpose to life, a purpose to do things. I have my drive back. I am going to see about getting a script from a psychiatrist. Would they prescribe vyvanse for anxiety and lack of motivation/depression? I feel like the person I want to be even on a simple therapeutic dose.

Vyvanse is a much more smooth high. It was intended for oral use only, therefore you cannot get high by snorting it. Vyvanse doesn't make you 'high', only very focused and even can sometimes cause horrible anxiety. If you've already tried all those medications, Vyvanse would basically be a joke. Now, if Vyvanse was the first ADHD med you've ever taken, then you would feel like you're rolling! But you've already got such a high tolerance, so your body is expecting something stronger which Vyvanse just...isn't. Adderall is where it's at. Ritalin, for me, just gives me anxiety and makes me tired. I freaking love adderall though because you can snort it and it gives off the best fucking high. better than dope.

Hey man, I know this is your first post, so I understand if you're a little bit turned around about some stuff. I don't like correcting people, but the nature of what we do means if I actively choose not to correct someone for fear of making them dislike me, I am actively agreeing that a person's life and health is less important to me. With that being said, there's some incorrect stuff, some conjecture and then some totally subjective opinion in there and none of these can be left to stand as fact.

I'll say this for the last time I'm gonna say this in this particular thread, Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) should not really be treated as anything other than an extended release form of Dextroamphetamine. Assuming you're an average person with an average level of enzyme activity in your body, it should be no different. So to say that "[Lisdexamphetamine] doesn't make you high,..." is a little dangerous. Someone might read that and assume they can take as much as they want, when in reality it's just speed. Being that they are both Amphetamines, we're dealing with the analogy of "What weighs more, a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers?". They are both Amphetamines, so the only difference is going to be in dosage.

Saying that Amphetamines are "better than dope" is both vague and a matter of subjective opinion. Being that one is a CNS depressant and one is a CNS stimulant, it's comparing apples to oranges really.

Vyvanse is a much more smooth high. It was intended for oral use only, therefore you cannot get high by snorting it.
Okay I agree here. We cool.

Vyvanse doesn't make you 'high', only very focused and even can sometimes cause horrible anxiety.

Umm, tell that to the thousands of addicts who have gotten high off of vyvanse. You really did make me laugh though when you said "vyvanse doesn't make you high!". With that simpleton logic then I guess that makes all drugs invalidated; I guess heroin doesn't make you high, it only makes you tired and nod off.

I freaking love adderall though because you can snort it and it gives off the best fucking high. better than dope.

*cough* Just because you can snort something doesn't make it automatically 'better'.
For example, oxycodone is significantly more bio-available orally than snorting. Acid, ayahuasca, DMT, and ketamine are all fabulous drugs but snorting is not.... appropriate. Oh, and I would be careful to say that it is 'better than dope' because that is certainly not true for- yet again- the general addict population. Are you the great cheif Gordon Ramsey taster of drugs or something? Take a pill of humbleness, chill your arrogance, and realize what you experience may be completely different than others.

Last edited:
Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) should not really be treated as anything other than an extended release form of Dextroamphetamine.

Yup! Reminds me of DXM Hbr versus DXM polistirex. They are literally the same thing, but one is extended release.

I have always personally preferred adderall. My friend that had vyvanse for a while would give me some and I would feel no effects. Nothing like adderall in the slightest. Maybe something to do with the amphetamine in adderall?? I dont know much about it.