• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't get high off oxy

Fjames

Greenlighter
I've been trying to get high off oxycodone but it just never seems to happen. I've got tolerance to weaker opiates (codeine/DHC) and now a bit of a tolerance to oxy (use daily for chronic pain). I can get high from DHC and find it quite enjoyable but don't get anything from oxy and didn't get much (other than slight lightheaded) from morphine either on the couple of times I've tried it. How can I get something out of oxy?

Can you give us an idea of how much you're taking? I mean if you can't get high on 20mg that's one thing, but if you're taking 60-80mg and can't get high, well that's a whole other deal.

40 to 50mg smashed me with 1oo mg morphine tolerance. it can be quite stimulating and not noddy so you are high just yoy can't take morphine and expect a oxy high and vice versa even though they are chemically similar they do produce different highs.
for example heroin users usually prefer morphine and vice versa due to heroin basically being high dose.morphine after about 20mins

Okay so my tolerance to DHC was sitting at 800mg. I tried 60mg oxy at first and have gone up to 150mg building up over a 2 hour period, I've done this several times now. I have noticed slight stimulation but no euphoria. I get morphine and oxy won't be the same but enjoyed DHC so would expect to get something out of one of them at least. Thanks for your replies ?

You should be aware that there are dfefinitely statistical outliers regarding the objective effects of Opioids. It's exremely rare, but there are people out there who for one reason another are completely immune to the effects of exogenous Opioids. They believe it has something to do with a gene that creates (I think?) Opioid receptors. As I said, it's extremely rare, but I just want to make the point that Opioids are like any other drug; there's a wide variability between objective and subjective effects.

I, too am relatively unaffected by Oxycodone. I can take 5 grams of Codeine (it can be quite cheap in certain places) to take away my withdrawal. On the other hand, Morphine/Heroin and Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) seem to effect me in a relatively normal manner, although I would still say that my baseline, innate tolerance is about 3 times that of the average user. I've never been knocked out by a single bag. I've never overdosed. I have no fear doing 4 bags out of a fresh batch. This is not responsible behavior, but I'm just trying to give you an accurate illustration of what it can be like.

I've read case reports of folks who require hundreds of milligrams of Hydromorphone today to control their pain due to the aforementioned phenomena. It's not totally unheard of or even strange that Oxycodone has a perceptibly less potent effect upon you than other Opioids. It would appear that your unique physiology ranging from the enzymes that metabolize drugs to the Opioid receptors themselves, makes Oxycodone less effective for you.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I know that with codeine there's a variation in metabolism and therefore can affect people very differently, I thought that was the only opioid like that though. Although I understand some people can have a naturally high tolerance to opioids in general (like you clearly do). I wasn't aware you could be immune or nearly immune to an individual opioid (except codeine). The only thing I don't understand if oxycodone is less effective for me is that it works very well for pain just nothing more ?