• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

can't get "high" from dph, a few questions.

Fluxit

Greenlighter
First let me state that i am not just look to get a fix with OTC meds, i am just a person that likes to take different substances and how they affect the mind, and cognition. Experiencing and to hopefully get more insight of myself. Also i know DPH which i know is a deliriant and not, causes some dark and scary hallucinatons but i'm a psychonaut and find it facinating of how substances can provide such effects.

I'm 5'10. weigh 186lbs

Other medications i'm on are Celexa 10mg and litium 1200mg along eith tylenol 3
Only when needed.

Ok so today at about 10-11am i decided to give it a try, i took a 2mg klonopin to help with possible anxiety during the trip. Waited for an hour to let it kick in then i topk 12 gel capsules each containing 50mg, the total dose was 60mg which from what i researched is good dose and considerd on erowid a heavy dose. About an hour later i started to feel slightly unbalnced when walkng, mild euphoria, increased heart rate, and sort of detached. Following that i started to feel paranoid and worried a bit. Then another hour that went away and now it's 4:30pm, about 2 hours ago i took another 100mg and nothing, no hallucinations or anything. The only thing left was physically relaxed and shaky hands.

Anyway does anyone know why i didn't experience anything? Has it happend to you?
Shoukd i give it a try again in a week of two?
Also i read somewhere that taking a certain dose of DPH can make masturbation feel amazing, anyone tried this and at what dose?

Drugs i've used:
I've used weed, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetaine, DXM, clonazepam, and percocet, codeine.

Sorry for the long post, i figured it would be best to add things that may help.

Last edited:
DPH provides a nasty bodyload ime.

i've taken it at high doses but i found that low doses were the ones that gave me any enjoyable form of euphoria.

Anyway does anyone know why i didn't experience anything? Has it happend to you?

DPH is an extremely unpredictable substance IME and the effects quite variable. I have taken high doses of diphenhydramine(upwards of 700mg) and not gotten any 'true hallucinations', only achieving squiggles in my vision and sudden senses of movement from the corners of my vision, but the body load was terrible. Other times i've taken a more modest amount like 400mg and gotten closer to delirium when I only intended to shift my thinking to distract me from my obsessive thoughts. I was dosing daily(atleast 250mg) when I got stronger effects off of a modest dose so I can't see why my high tolerance didn't protect me from the delirium, so as I say it makes me think the effects are sort of a gamble.

Ok so today at about 10-11am i decided to give it a try, i took a 2mg klonopin to help with possible anxiety during the trip.

This also might not of helped in achieving hallucinogenic effects as benzos are known to negate some of the trip when taking them on traditional psychedelics and could possibly do the same for deliriants. The anxiety you get on DPH is only usually noticeable when you're still somewhat lucid anyway, if you manage to achieve full delirium you'll be too out of it to worry about what you're seeing as it will seem normal to your insane mind.

i read somewhere that taking a certain dose of DPH can make masturbation feel amazing, anyone tried this and at what dose?

Yes, DPH is one of the best aphrodisiacs if you hit the right dose (150ish mg for non-tolerant users is a common amount). This effect was actually aggravating for me when I was dosing daily as I wasn't always taking it with arousal in mind but would be overcome by sexual desire no matter where I was or what I was doing 8(

Shoukd i give it a try again in a week of two?

Tolerance won't be much of a factor if you leave a week or two between single doses but if you mean whether it's a good idea to be taking high doses of DPH period, in the interest of HR I would say no. One or 2 experiences for curiosities sake isn't too bad IMO but there have been people claiming to develop HPPD from a single high dose experience.

Last edited:
Very interesting, thanks for the reply. I'll considering trying it again sometime taking those into account and at a lower dose to see what happens.

Very interesting, thanks for the reply. I'll considering trying it again sometime taking those into account and at a lower dose to see what happens.

Careful: Citalopram (Celexa), DPH and Lithium are all known to cause a prolongation of the QT interval, i.e. cardiac arrhythmia.
Also, DPH also acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, which, combined with the Celexa, increases the risk of suffering serotonin syndrome at higher doses.