• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can't feel wired from Ritalin, am I doing something wrong?

Drsamichmc

Greenlighter
Hey there,

The other week I snorted 20mg of Ritalin but was very disappointed that I didn't feel anything (this was my first time doing Ritalin). And then Last night I swallowed 1 30mg Ritalin La pill, crushed up another one in a motor and pestle. I parachuted some of that pill, snorted some of it and put some of the powder under my tongue. I also snorted 10mg of an IR pill. But after a whole hour I only felt a little jittery, and VERY paranoid but no wired feeling or euphoria. I had fasted all day and had a coffee a few hours before all this. All night I tried everything I could possibly think of that would give me a "push" into the high (lifted some weights, listened to some music and ran away from a homeless man.) I remember when I did Ambien I would get wired as fuck during some some friendly slap boxing with a friend however none of my friends were around (hence the homeless man )=D.

So my question is: Am I doing something wrong here? I know it was Ritalin because I got the pills from a friend of mine who has ADHD. As far as I'm aware I don't have ADHD or ADD... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Me ;)

You could switch to a stronger stimulant. 40-60mg is a common dose, 60-80 is a heavy dose, just for reference..

Are you sure you got wired off of ambien? that is a powerful prescription sleeping pill not a stimulant and don't see how that could make anyone wired. And maybe Ritalin just isn't for you. I know people who have tried Ritalin and like you said only got bad side effects with no stimulation or euphoria, those same people take Adderall(mixed amphetamine salts) and/or Dexedrine(just dextroamphetamine) and get much better stimulant effects. I have never tried Ritalin but I take Adderall every day now and its super nice. I have ADHD and it gives me energy but at the same time kind of calms be down and takes away the hyperactive issues associated with ADHD like talking too much, talking over people, constantly moving my legs around, not sitting still, etc. It makes me super focused, super motivated, and on task with things all day and just makes my life so much easier in general. Maybe consider trying something like Adderall, Dexedrine, or maybe vyavanse if you can. If not I wouldn't keep beating a dead horse by continuing to take Ritalin which sounds like it doesn't work for you. Just my opinion as far as prescription stimulants go.

Ritalin pharmacokinetics is like scratching your left year with your right hand, its pointlessly inefficient.

Wow, you sir have a very interesting body chemistry. I'm prescribed adderall 15mg IR x2 daily and unfortunately I have grown immune to the sweet stimulant feeling. I use to be prescribed the vitamin R and remember it had a nice stimulating effect especially when it came to talking. However with you, your body seems to react to chemicals in a paradoxical way. If Ambien got you tweaked and Ritalin did nothing then the solution is simple, take Ambien. There's also seroquel (antipsychotic at high doses) trazadone, and quite a few benzodiazepines that are pretty strong sedatives. In the name of harm reduction I can't recommend taking these unless you're prescribed them under a doctors supervision. I, however, should not be the one preaching this since I'll go through my monthly script of adderall and gabapentin in about 3 days and take anything someone offers me that'll change how i feel excluding opiates (12 months clean off IV Heroin) and psychedelics. ANYWAYS! Are you taking any other medications? It's possible there is an interaction that creates the opposite effect, and it could be a mixture of factors depending how your body operates. I'm on Lexapro (escitalopram) 10mg 1x daily for major depressive disorder and general anxiety disorder (doesnt work for anxiety though) which is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, which obviously is for properly regulating my serotonin and I have noticed if i take it within 5 days of trying to do MDMA, I will not roll, i wont feel it at all even if i orally take .5 at once its ridiculous. So it is very possible it's some cross interaction. Anyways i wish you the best of luck because Ritalin can be very fun (for about 30 minutes then prepare to just stare at a wall and feel completely neutral, no emotion)

TLDR;
1. Your body works paradoxically to stimulant and sedative medications.
2. Possible interaction with other medications you take.

When I would do Ritalin I would rail 90mg to start and bump about 60mg every so often after that.

For reference the last time I did adderall I popped 16 20mg IR pills over about 10 hours.

I don't know what you mean by wired. If you mean bouncing off the walls I don't get that from uppers that's more of a PCP effect for me.

Stimulants main desirable effect is focus for me, particularly on boring shit.

Ritalin is definitely not the most desirable stimulant, it's got an edge to it that calls for a few drinks.

It blows away the analogues I've tried though. (Ethylphenidate, hdmp28, 3,4 ctmp)

^ Next time you mention you taking 16x 20mg Adderall over 10 hours specify that you have a large tolerance to it so noobs don't overdose trying.

With that tolerance, 20mg Methyphenidate should put you to sleep. :D

Okay, here is why:

Everytime you take a stimulant you are wired, but when its less pleasurable, energy feels like its bad.