• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can't feel anything anymore. WHY???

GodListens_ToSlayer

Greenlighter
First off, I've been an IV opiate user on and off for about 10 years too long. The last couple years I will work up a decent habit (about a g/day), then out of nowhere... nothing. I can't feel anything. No matter who I go to, how much I take, what vein I use, I don't feel a damn thing. These days in my area it's mostly fentanyl, so it should be fairly strong so I don't know what gives. I'm also a Type 2 diabetic and I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with my blood sugar levels, but haven't noticed any correlation whether it's high or low.

I mean, I should have hung up my dancin' shoes long ago, but I'd still like to know WTF is causing this. Someone please have an answer!!! Thank you in advance.

No doubt the drug is still having physiological effects but your tolerance prevents you from getting 'high', all you're doing is starving off withdrawal. You've basically been in the game too long mate. Listen to your body. What is the point of carrying on?

Tolerance to street fentanyl seems to build up quicker then any other opiate i have ever done. Like the above said what's the point to continue

There’s a reason people say the drugs stop working. Towards my end I was on 140 mg of methadone shooting 3-5 grams of quality h / fentanyl and not even getting a rush.

Time to detox and get off them

I told my guy I wasn't feeling anything anymore, so he told me he'd fix it. Sure enough the next day it was back to the nods. 3 days later, nothing. I then doubled my doses, I figured I'd at least feel something but no. It doesn't make sense, I highly doubt it's tolerance.

I told my guy I wasn't feeling anything anymore, so he told me he'd fix it. Sure enough the next day it was back to the nods. 3 days later, nothing. I then doubled my doses, I figured I'd at least feel something but no. It doesn't make sense, I highly doubt it's tolerance.

Yes, our drugs are shit. All the more reason to call it a day...

It 110% is your tolerance and it’s not really a debate. There’s a reason people end up with 2,000 mg and 10+ gram daily heroin habits. Tolerance is never ending, and does not discriminate

The reason I think it's something other than tolerance, is I did the same amount day in, day out for months... then overnight nothing. Tried from 4 other people and same result. A friend said possibly a collapsed vein; tried a different vein and same results.

It 110% is your tolerance and it’s not really a debate. There’s a reason people end up with 2,000 mg and 10+ gram daily heroin habits. Tolerance is never

It 110% is your tolerance and it’s not really a debate. There’s a reason people end up with 2,000 mg and 10+ gram daily heroin habits. Tolerance is never ending, and does not discriminate
Not really a debate, huh? Can I please see your doctorate and pharmacological degree? I'll wait...

Has the quality has changed ? Do you know someone doing the same stuff ?

If it's so clearly an obvious case of tolerance, then explain why one day one cap would give me the nods, and the next day 4.5x that does nothing? I could maybe understand if the same amount (or maybe even double) did nothing due to tolerance increase. But 4.5x the amount doing nothing is something else. I've been doing this long enough to understand and go through a tolerance increase, but I assure you something else is at play here and I can't figure it out.

If it's so clearly an obvious case of tolerance, then explain why one day one cap would give me the nods, and the next day 4.5x that does nothing? I could maybe understand if the same amount (or maybe even double) did nothing due to tolerance increase. But 4.5x the amount doing nothing is something else. I've been doing this long enough to understand and go through a tolerance increase, but I assure you something else is at play here and I can't figure it out.

No one can really answer this question if it’s not an issue of tolerance. Have you changed medications? Any lifestyle changes? Are you sick (actually sick)? I know certain things in my life effect the way drugs effect me.

I mean you can try low dose DXM to combat tolerance and drink grapefruit juice before using. I never found these to do much though.

Dope has hot spots, maybe the gram you got that day or that cap you shot or whatever was a hot spot of fentanyl. I mean honestly 1 gram of street dope containing only fentanyl as the opioid and the rest cut probably only contains 3-5 mg of fentanyl. 1 mg of fent being possibly deadly to certain individuals. Thus the massive overdose epidemic

3 months of doing the same amount every day with the same effect is not a "hot spot." And using from 3 different suppliers without any effect is not a tolerance issue. Something would have to give when getting different batches from different people. I mean not even a tingle. And usually I would get a pronounced sweet smell in my nose, that went away as well. IT IS NOT TOLERANCE RELATED. Something else is going on that doesn't make sense.

Alright so if I’m hearing you right, when you told your guy of the troubles getting high the next day you were nodding again only to go right back to nothing after?

That sounds like he gave you a day where the bag wasn’t cut all to hell. I can only imagine the past year has been a nightmare for heroin (fentanyl) users with lots of shit batches around.

-GC