• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't Ever get Euphoria from Stimulants. Why??

i think you're on to something with the dopamine hypothesis. everyone's body chemistry is different, which means serotonin and dopamine vary from one person to another. i take zoloft, seroquel, thorazine and ambien daily, so as you can guess i am a zombie most of the time. i have found that before the seroquel was introduced i used to get lovely highs from stims... since the seroquel, nothing/nada/zilch. i used double and treble the amounts i used to chasing the high, all of which failed spectacularly :(

i am flat literally all of the time (i guess its better than psychotic) but i can't help feeling robbed.

Steps says - "Wait, did you just tell me you've only done low doses of amphetamines?
Euphoria isnt from low doses lol...
By the way, smoking meth is significantly more intense than anything d-amp can do"

Now, if one reads past the first eight words in my initial post, it says this...

"I've done cocaine many times, crack twice, smoked and snorted meth a dozen times, mephedrone quite a bit, MDMA many many times, and simple little caffeine a bunch. I now have a prescription to Adderall and have taken it every way one can without a needle."

Anyways, people are missing the point. I do not get euphoria from uppers under any circumstances. They never give me energy (but make it hard to sleep sometimes), never clear my head, never give me motivation. No, I have not injected cocaine or meth, but I've smoked high quality sacks of both, so i think I kinda get the idea.

We all have different brain chemistry, and I was wondering why some people experience euphoria from some classes of "euphoric " drugs, and not others.

I mean it all comes down to dopamine, as I believe every worthwhile drug effects it in one way or another.

But alas, I don't think I'm going to find an answer here.

All of our brains are wired differently, and our pasts and personalities are all vastly different. Thus, we all prefer different things. X might love weed, while Y might adore benzos, while Z might be infatuated with psychedelics.

This is a good thing, I don't think you want to fall in love with smoking crystal meth. You did your experimenting, and you didn't get addicted. You got lucky, man.

^ excellent point. I had trouble enjoying coke due to the anxiety it'd produce when I was first playing with it and hated coke for a while. Similarly, I've seen people around here who paradoxically get anxious on opioids and can't enjoy the experience (or more commonly, get nauseous, itchy, etc. and it distracts from the euphoria).

Neurochemical release, etc. certainly play a tremendous role in creating euphoria but it's not the only factor at play which is why people can feel euphoric from good news or hate the feeling of meth or heroin.

I'm with you on coke and I had a fairly regular habit for a couple of years, but it could go one way or another, sometimes I would get up there and really enjoy it other times I would get caught in that sketchy anxious state and keep thinking another line will sort me out, but obviously it didn't.

In the end I stopped taking it and moved back to amphetamines which don't give me that effect at all.

I have this problem sorta, i figured how to bang addies tabs and if i bang like 60-80mg first shot is nice but then its just like im shooting to shoot u dig what im saying orally there is nothing from these and even after 300mg+ IV adderall my pupils arent dialated and i can fall asleep with seroquil. And yes i know what im doing dont say im doing something wrong cause im not, i got the whole thing down to a science i just feel after 12 years of being on adderall, now when i get them i think my brain is done for with the dopamine also word of advice if u take anti-psychotic medications, risperdal, haladol, seroquil, thorazine, zyprexa, they all block dopamine. So give yourself multiple days off anti's and then try but honestly your not gonna get anything from oral amps especially having done mass amounts of mdma your brain does not come back from the burn out they say it does but it doesnt. You fry your shit thats it those receptors are gone. Yea in time this to shall pass well brain function does not come back when u overload your serotonin n dopamine, after prolonged usuage they burn out like a lightbulb and unless you know some crazii doctor in fuckin some third world country who knows how to replace the receptors in your brain your fucked cause u really dont wanna turn to the needle u will get stuck on it. (313)

Sweet Jesus, please don't IV racemic amphetamine salts (Adderall, EU speed paste). Even IV'ing dextro-amphetamine is a bad idea from what I've read, only d-meth (crystal, Desoxyn) can be safely IV'ed, but that's not something you can just "try once," lol

If you really want to feel the rush, just plug your Adderall or Dexedrine. I've heard it's almost as good as IV when it comes to amps, so it'll carry extra addiction risks along with it

And you should NOT go off your anti-psychotics to get high off of drugs that can cause or exacerbate psychosis...

I am expercing the same issue. Even takeing 160mg of adderal and 20mg of deosxyn. Nothing works. Someone said I have a dopamine defincey. So I will get tested with that thurday. But do u think I will ever feel them again?

Different drugs affect other people differently, for largely unknown reasons in most cases save for the fact that different people have different brains and different expectations for drugs and probably also a whole slew of other factors.

Do you have clinical ADHD? People with ADD or ADHD do not feel the same way on stimulants as other people. Stimulants generally do not produce euphoria for ADHD brains. You may have a mild case never addressed.....and they often tend to favor opiates and other downers.