• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't Ever get Euphoria from Stimulants. Why??

CitioKid

Bluelighter
I get mad euphoria from opiates.

That's it.

I've done cocaine many times, crack twice, smoked and snorted meth a dozen times, mephedrone quite a bit, MDMA many many times, and simple little caffeine a bunch. I now have a prescription to Adderall and have taken it every way one can without a needle.

None of them give me euphoria. Mephedrone, Coke and MDMA make me feel the best of the bunch, but still not euphoric, just uber relaxed and I can't shut the fuck up.

Stimulants don't even give me energy. Nor do I think more clearly on them. Often I become quiet and withdrawn.

Why can't some people experience any euphoria from uppers? I mean, aren't they still affecting my dopamine re-uptake like any speed freak? Does that mean I don't like dopamine, or they don't work properly in my brain?

I also get no euphoria from GHB, Nitrous, Lyrica, Benzos or Pentobarbital (Moms friend had a prescription from the late 80's I did a few years back).

Only opiates, methaqualone (not diazepam, I've been to South Africa and gotten real shite) and DIPHENHYDRAMINE!! (sub "trip" levels) give me a sense of well-being.

edit: Oh yeah, hallucinogens give me euphoria, but thats different.

Define euphoria, what are your expectations?

IMO euphoria, like super duper rush nothing else in the world compares to this euphoria from stims can only be achieved with a needle.
Not recommended though.
If you're not shooting you're just getting wired, which feels good but not in that noisy ephemeral way that a shot does.
Others may disagree, but looking back i loved stims for a while oblivious of the rush and what i was missing. My definition of euphoria changed after i got the real deal. Trying to gauge whether or not you're feeling euphoric or not on anything less seems like a lot of mental masturbation.

I've never gotten "euphoria" from adderall, btw. Good feelings yes, but euphoria, no. Aside from needles smoking crack or a bunch of meth at once is the closest thing stims give me to euphoria without a needle. And me being the reckless person I am used to start off with 150-250mg.

Stim euphoria might be best not to persue (mp) once you get it (and you'll know) it's nigh impossible to turn back.

Also, I know this might not be what you had in mind, but have you ever had sex on meth?
It's one of the best feelings your brain is capable of processing. It's a different legitimate lasting euphoria that beats the two minute rush after shooting up. Meth+sex=ultimate good feeling. Ask anyone.

^^

Snazz is right. The real "euphoria" and rush from stimulants comes when you shoot it. IV coke is one of the best/ most intense feelings of euphoria out there.. however, snorting it just gets you kind of wired and jittery. Smoking can also provide a pretty intense high as well.. good crack or crystal. However, IV unfortunately is where the real pleasure comes from stimulants. I wish it wasn't the case because they really fuck up your veins and cardiovascular system, way worse than heroin.

Well everyone and their grandma seems to act all happy, hyperactive and talkative on amps.

I don't feel any happier on them. Often, I feel downright worse. And I'm a pretty serious addict who will take pretty much anything to avoid being sober, and yet I often turn down amps.

My definition of euphoria has become pretty lax after 8 years of opiate abuse. "Euphoria" to me is simply a mood lift that takes me from "I hate feeling sober" to "There we go, thats more like it."

My first high was when I was 14 and someone gave me 20mg of ritalin. That time it did do what stimulants are supposed to do. I had a huge mood lift, did weeks worth of homework and loved the way I felt. No stimulant has ever done that to me again. I don't mean like I became addicted and lost the magic, I mean it was just that first time. I didn't touch stims again for two years, and after that they never made me feel good again.

Maybe I actually ADD and hence they don't make me feel good?

I'm on no other meds.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm no needle virgin, so no need to say things like "Man, its amazing, but don't go down that road bro." Ten bottles of medical Demerol and quite a bit of heroin has gone into my arm.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is you have a Heroin habit ?, if so I'm sure this would have an effect on any stimulants.

What I'm trying to establish is are you taking drugs everyday, from the above it sounds like you are shootin opiates which is generally a daily thing ?

It sound like you have quite a drug habit on the go so your not going to get the same kind of effects mentally or physically that you would have got years ago, sounds like its time to think about your drug use and whether the high is worth it anymore. especially the stims, if they aren't working don't take them, what the point ?

I haven't IV'ed anything in a year. Haven't done a 'proper' opioid in a month. Haven't taken subs in three weeks. So I'm currently "clean" from the opes, sans some otc lope every 4 days or so, but thats another story.

I have taken stims before I was an opiate addict, while I was addicted to opes, and during my ever so brief clean times away from the opes. They never, ever, ever provide me any euphoria or sense of well being. Well, except that one time when I was 14.

I've smoked giant hits of high quality crack, and felt pretty chill and nice, but not great. My friend, on the other hand, was drooling with pleasure.

And yeah, when I have big bags of mephedrone sitting in my room, I can't stop snorting it, and I like the feeling, but its more because I'm trying to avoid the comedown.

I mean, whats the difference in brain chemistry between people that makes them enjoy certain drugs, and not others? Some people hate stims, but love opiates. Some hate opiates, love stimulants. Some hate both, but love GHB and alcohol. Pourquoi? I don't think it has to do with peoples individual tastes, I just think people like drugs that give them a sense of well-being and euphoria, and some do, while others don't.

And is the high worth it? I doubt it, but I can't stop even when I try with all my might, so it makes no difference.

People with ADD can definitely "tweak" and get high off stimulants with high enough doses, it's the normal, medicinal doses that make them more relaxed.

I would take this as a blessing, to be honest. Stimulants are the most addictive, problematic class of drugs, maybe it's a good thing you don't enjoy them.

I'm sorry being from the UK e are separated by a common language, are you on a opiate substitute ? Subutox (Buprenorphine)

I agree though everyone has different brain chemistry for numerous reasons and all comments are subjective so ther is both a physical and mental side to what you get off of taking a drug. This is very well demonstrated over and over in blind clinical trails where there will be a group that take the Placebo but get quite a significant effect, you may be experiencing the inverse of this for all I know.

You still sound driven to take stimulants so you must be getting something off them or you wouldn't be concerned about coming down, which ultimately suggests you are up in the first place.

We all have choices, saying you have no choice but to ingest recreational drugs is just not true, you may need to find help and deal with all kinds of shit in order to claim back control but ultimately you can choose not to consume if that's what you want to do.

Best Wishes (I bet that Meph stinks BTW ;))

You know mu-opioid agonists cause an indirect release of dopamine?

I personally, am a stimulant guy, but I am NOT a fan of dopamine reuptake inhibitors (cocaine, methylphenidate, etc.)
They worsen my anxiety and cause paranoia

I prefer dopamine releasing agents (Methamphetamine, amphetamine, etc.)

Now, I have had a few instances when I have not achieved euphoria from methamphetamine
It depends on a few things

-DRIs-
If you are under the influence of a DRI, it will partially or fully block a DRA's (dopamine releasing agent) mechanism of action

-Purity-
Low to medium purity meth seems to have a higher tendency to induce that "wired", "jittery", and "paranoid" stereotypical tweaker high, whereas the right dose of high purity meth usually induces ANXIETY-RELIEF, Intense euphoria, and MANY other desirable effects

-Route of Administration-
Eating meth typically gives me a good semi-relaxing body high, and a good euphoric buzz, with a very long duration.
Snorting meth typically gives me that I'M AWAKE high, with a considerable amount of energy.
Smoking (really, its vaporizing) meth gives me a very relaxed, ultra euphoric, and just amazing high, with a nice relaxing body high too

-Amount-
If I snort 20-35mg of 90%+ purity d-meth, I don't hit euphoria, but I get wakefulness, and get jumpy... so too little meth can cause undesirable effects
Or, doing too much can have the same effect, once I just put too much in my nose, it felt like my body was going to explode with energy, it made me too tense

In conclusion: I think ,under the right conditions, you'd achieve intense euphoria. If you get ahold of high quality meth, and learn how to vaporize it with a glass pipe correctly, 50mg-100mg would probably get you VERY, VERY, lit

But, I don't advise you do meth, its very rare to find people who are functional users, whether their use is regular, or occasional

a2m 23 ('at the moment' isn't the only acronym for a2m...) - Yeah, I guess I get something out of uppers, but not euphoria or a strong sense of well being. They sometimes relax me, and sometimes (in smaller doses) make me feel more socially confident. I get the best effects out of 5 to 15mg of Adderall taken orally. Anything over 25mg, or any other more "euphoric" route of administration, like insufflated or plugged, tend to make me like the feeling less.

And I guess I don't wanna beat this issue to death, but I promise I cannot, and likely will never get euphoria from any stimulant. I've tried too many too many times to reach any other conclusion.

Steps - Just like how you don't like DRI's (I wonder why? Why does one work and not the other, on a chemical level?), I don't really like either. I mean, they're better than sobriety I guess, but I often can't tell the difference between the high and the comedown.

And as I said, I'm not on subutex right at the moment. Or any opioid. But likely will go back on as I'm considered extremely "unstable" by my psychologist.

People with ADD can definitely "tweak" and get high off stimulants with high enough doses, it's the normal, medicinal doses that make them more relaxed.

I would take this as a blessing, to be honest. Stimulants are the most addictive, problematic class of drugs, maybe it's a good thing you don't enjoy them.

Totally agree. I have ADD and I can get totally wrecked on crystal or straight up dextroamphetamine (which I am prescribed) after a week of partying on them.

Although I tend to think that heroin/morphine (or strong opiates in general like hydromorphone, oxymorphone, desomorphine, etc) are more addictive than most stimulants, I do believe amphetamines to be the most destructive drugs there are. Hardcore abuse can turn a good, normal person into the most vile creature that you've ever encountered. It's like they aren't even human anymore. Just look at what happened to Amy Winehouse (RIP).

Amy Winehouse's downfall was likely heroin and booze. With a little crack sprinkled in.

Amy was using stimulants. She was a major, major crack cocaine addict. I don't even think heroin was found in her system when she died.

Wait, did you just tell me you've only done low doses of amphetamines?
Euphoria isnt from low doses lol...
By the way, smoking meth is significantly more intense than anything d-amp can do

Meth raises dopamine levels about 1,200-1,600% (it releases more than any known drug)
Meth releases 1.5-2x more dopamine than d-amphetamine
Meth raises serotonin levels about 100%, d-amp raises serotonin levels 33%
D-amp raises norepinephrine levels 75% more than d-Meth

D-Meth vs D-amp... DA release 2:1... NE release 2:3.5... SERT release 3:1

So as you can see, Meth has a much more potent dopamine release for euphoric effects
It has much more potent serotonin release, whichs adds to euphoria and provides a smoother high
And has less potent norepinephrine release, whichs means you have less undesirable peripheral effects

I doubt you'd be resistant to smoked meth's euphoria

note: Woops, youve snorted it, BUT snorting is the least euphoric ROA for meth..

If an individual suffers from anxiety on stimulants, it is difficult to find them enjoyable. Even the hardest stimulant routes, such as smoking meth, are unpleasant and could even be a quite awful experience.

^ excellent point. I had trouble enjoying coke due to the anxiety it'd produce when I was first playing with it and hated coke for a while. Similarly, I've seen people around here who paradoxically get anxious on opioids and can't enjoy the experience (or more commonly, get nauseous, itchy, etc. and it distracts from the euphoria).

Neurochemical release, etc. certainly play a tremendous role in creating euphoria but it's not the only factor at play which is why people can feel euphoric from good news or hate the feeling of meth or heroin.

True, true

I personally get profound anxiolysis from smoked d-meth, but some individuals do experience more anxiety, so if that is the case, its possible they wouldn't enjoy it

I'm not basing it solely on neurochemical release, but it is a huge part, and I do understand some can legitimately dislike meth under all situations, but it is exceptionally rare to not experience profound euphoria if used under ideal or optimum conditions, which is why I argue that you can't assume you hate all stims, when you don't have much experience with a certain one
"don't knock it til you try it"