cant enjoy anything

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Hi Im struggling to enjoy things unless im stoned and on opiates but even before this I USED to smoke myself stupid all day.
Anyway not been abusing my opiates been taking them to last all day not just one big high then a crash all day.
Forever ive had racing thoughts, sometimes music pops into my head, sometimes horrible suicidal thoughts,
my mental health medications are olanzapine 5mg (i get bad side effects from anti psychotics in higher doses couldn't handle over 150mg quetiapine and abilify at low dose made me feel horrible and ill, quetiapine great for sleeping awful hangover, olanzapine mildy numbs my thoughts and that but I was really hoping it would work better as ive tried every atypical, risperidone made me hallucinate and i never hallucinate only auditory sometimes but im really disorganised and thoughts just race and random shit just pops into my head.

not sure if this should go in Mental Health or TDS, but we'll try TDS. so i am moving your thread to another part of bluelight. hope they are able to help. i have trouble with racing/compulsive thoughts as well. i do not have a solution for it. i do know that long-term marijuana use makes it worse, for me at least. so good job on letting that go.

Maybe you should try quitting the opiates first and then tackling the smoking. Sometimes you can trick yourself into thinking you are taking something to feel better and it is actually helping you to continue feeling worse. When you are using any kinds of drugs to self-medicate it is always worth evaluating 1) what the problems are that you are trying to address with medication and 2) whether you are actually getting better as opposed to (increasingly) temporary suppression. Suppression may feel like relief at first but over time it becomes obvious to most people that under the thin skin between them and their problems, the problems are in fact growing worse.

Have you ever tried other forms of counseling, relaxation techniques, changes in diet, etc?