• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cant do insomnia anymore.. what drug w/ least side effects

I tried and failed with melatonin many times,
but apparently u need to take way more than the box says.
(0.3mg as the box says is recommended dose,
should actually be between 0.3 and 5 mg as a starting dose. Not sure what the limit is though so be careful;)

I'm a heavy insomnia case,
and taking 1mg 3 hours before bed and another 1mg 1.5hour for bed made me wanna go to sleep half an hour earlier than I had planned.

Maybe it helps to vaporize or bong cannabis on top of it though
(but cannabis alone is never enough to make me sleep).

If you want to stay away from benzos and the doctor in general get over the counter diphenhydramine (dph) in tesco, boots, most pharmacys have there own brand 'sleep aids', or the more expensive nytol (same thing with a brand name) they come in 25 and 50mg tablets. 50-100mg should help alot but note they don't work unless you get in bed in darkness and shut your eyes.
Taking them and sitting watching TV etc waiting to feel sleepy doesn't really work.
Promethazine (brand name phenergan) is another good cheap otc sleep aid (it's an anti histamine used for travel sickness and a few other things.) they come in 25mg tablets.
They are safe to mix, I used to take 100mg dph with 50mg prometh and get in bed 20 mins later in darkness and shut my eyes.... Always woke up a good 8 hours later feeling fresh as a daisy! Try it. They're cheap and safe.
Start with 25mg of each and work up.

Except dont take the dph cus its poision you only need promethazine anyway

Except dont take the dph cus its poision you only need promethazine anyway
I think its OK if you stay at 100mg or lower.
Anything higher is the opposite of a sleep aid.
And as you probably know high doses are like the worst trip ever. Once and only once lol.

Dph also holds the title for worst dripback/drop ever, me and a few friends got very drunk when we were a lot lot younger and crushed up a load and snorted them. The burn was absolutely insane. And the drip puke worthy.
I knew someone back then who used to crush them and cut cooked up k with them. I snorted a few of his wraps back in thr day lol. Both being dissociatives the Dph actually made the ket stronger, just fucking ruined the taste and burnt your nose horribly.

Sorry I went off topic a bit I'm highly stoned lol

Np mate i would advise you to discontinue using dph anyway like i said it is POISION

Np mate i would advise you to discontinue using dph anyway like i said it is POISION

I haven't used it in years pal. If I'm not tired I just get out of bed. I sleep when I fall. Not into taking pharms anymore I took more than my fair share when I was younger.

After years of insomnia you get used to the sleep dep, I actually kinda like it sometimes in a fucked up way lol. My fav class of drugs is dissociates though so I guess that's why. Good sleep dep is like low dose ket haha

I use ambien, works brilliantly for me. Tried literally dozens of benzodiazepines, they went in the bin! Just don’t work for me. Rohypnol is the only one that had any effect at all (not much though)