• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can't "Breakthough" on acid and mescaline!

Lucylovesmolly1

Bluelighter
Last weekend I had taken approximately 200-300 mg of mescaline and I am pretty frustrated that I didn't break though I very well have been less then 200 mg as it was extracted from a san pedro and not pure mescaline so I cannot be sure of the exact dosage. Previously I have taken acid probably 20-30 times at times pretty heroic dosages. My highest dose was a few years ago at a festival I had taken maybe 7 tabs of some 200ug doses possible more along with 400 mg of extremely pure MDMA. I was tripping so fucking hard I don't even recall ever feeling like I was rolling as the lucy completely overpowered it. What I mean by not breaking though is I don't have any intense OEV or CEVs which I dunno if I am alone on this. I have experienced visuals on DMT and MDMA once the first time I rolled and DMT tons of times. I know comparing DMT to lucy is like crack to cocaine. I was wondering if anybody else was the same way I find it pretty frustrating.

Well it's most likely because you don't "break through" on longer lasting psychedelics really. Also mescaline is pretty subtle at lower doses. You can tell your tripping, feeling great, and I would get some rippling on objects but that's about it. Higher doses are very visual and a whole different beast.

Well it's most likely because you don't "break through" on longer lasting psychedelics really. Also mescaline is pretty subtle at lower doses. You can tell your tripping, feeling great, and I would get some rippling on objects but that's about it. Higher doses are very visual and a whole different beast.

Hmm I have taken upwards of 1 mg of LSD or more and have taken tons of 300ug or more trips plenty of times but never experienced any amazing geometric patterns I experience with DMT all the time.

For one thing, assuming that your calculations are correct, 200mg is not a huge dose of mescaline. Active, certainly - but not the sort of experience that will have the walls melting around you or whatever.
Even in good dosages, however, the effects of mescaline are not typically "hallucinogenic" in the way tryptamines (like DMT, psilocin etc) or LSD are.
But it is worth bearing in mind that the % of actives in san pedro can be pretty variable depending on genetics, growing conditions and so on.

I find that it is certainly 'trippy', but in a sort of empathogenic way, in my experience at least. Very different to LSD, more of a trippy MDMA-ish feeling that lasts for hours and builds in waves of gentle euphoria.

If you took LSD 200ug of LSD, i can't imagine you'd be in anything but a highly immersive psychedelic state, which typically be a very visual experience.

Are you taking any medications such as antipsychotic or anti-depressant drugs? Many of these will greatly hinder your ability to trip (especially anti-psychotics).

What exactly are you looking for in a trip? DMT is a pretty high yardstick to set, effects wise - as you would be hard-pressed to find a psychedelic that intense without going pretty deep down the rabbit hole, so to speak.
If "breakthrough" is what you are going for, stick with DMT (or other psychedelics with similar effect profiles).

Usually LSD visuals are more typically characterised as visual distortions - i get patterns, morphing shapes, heightened senses and a bit of synaesthesia on occasion.
True hallucinations - seeing things that aren't there - are much more likely in a DMT experience than LSD, and i've never taken a high enough dose of mescaline to have much in the way of visuals at all, though it is a very pleasant drug nonetheless.

But as for "breaking through" on LSD? I'm not sure exactly what that would entail. I've tripped and lost all sense of who and where i am - experienced what people refer to as "ego death" - i suppose. But that's not really the experience i seek in acid.
It reaches a point where things stop making much sense, and profound as that can be, it is generally pretty difficult to integrate the experience afterwards, as you are sort of past the point of being able to comprehend your thought processes or perceptions.

Perhaps your LSD was nowhere near the dosage advertised - which is pretty common.
Either way, most psychedelic drugs have their own distinctive characteristics - which can be quite dramatically different.
As you say, LSD and DMT aren't really comparable drugs in lots of ways.

When i was taking a lot of acid, i used to find that i sometimes had to "work on" achieving visuals. Like, lie back and stare at the ceiling, a tree trunk or something, and watch as elaborate patterns slowly emerge and envelope whatever i am looking at.
But to me, visuals (OEV or CEV) are just a small part of the psychedelic experience i know and love.

Sounds, tastes, textures and insights are a great deal more fascinating to me, but everybody has their own preferences when it comes to altering their consciousness.

Last edited:
Agreed 200 mg is not a lot of mesc... I've only had synthetic (lab tested pure stuff) up to 450 mg and even then I got hardly any OEVs, although the CEV visions were off the charts and to some extent that was the 'breakthrough' for me: a sort of spiritual quest seen with the mind's eye (distinct from other CEVs that ive had - only with mushrooms have i had visions before, and DMT also has similar potential but is more wholly immersive). On 300 mg the first time I didnt have much psychedelia either that is typical for 2C-X or most tryptamines etc... but instead it gave me a sort of MDMAesque empathogenic feeling, a holotropic episode, and later when I laid down I got 'zaps' (not brain zaps) that seemed to shock me into ego-death like OOBE states of an otherwise non-descript nature.

Well I have had cactus (concoction made from powdered cactus skin), but it was not potent and very vile - didnt get much out of it at all, but walking in a snowstorm it did seem like there was "colorful static" superimposed but that was about it.

Point is: your mesc dose was low, and even at higher doses it may not be typically psychedelic but quite peculiar... still special.

Yes san pedro can really vary - bridgesii should be much more reliable.

LSD can certainly be psychedelic of course though - its the most common 'yardstick' used probably.

If you used hundreds of ugs of acid and didn't really hallucinate I guess you react atypically. Don't you get visuals on other psychedelics like mushrooms? Of course OEVs or CEVs don't make a trip and shouldnt be overestimated, but if you really don't get them then yes its not strange to be frustrated.
So again: have you tried other psychedelics than LSD or mesc and how do you react? DMT is not a great comparison since it really overwhelms your brain and gives a 'flash' - indeed like crack and its RoA although not qualitatively but principally.

Some people are hardheads in general.. I guess it depends on the populations or morphology of the receptors in your CNS that these psychedelics bind to, very atypically reacting people might be significantly different in that department. Possibly if you have big differences of 5HT2A, and your 5HT1A's are normal, they could account for a profound state of consciousness but without most of the visuals and some other aspects of the trip determined by 2A action?
Just thinking out loud here.. who knows really

Last edited:
Even in good dosages, however, the effects of mescaline are not typically "hallucinogenic" in the way tryptamines (like DMT, psilocin etc) or LSD are.

They are if you take enough. Just once I was lucky enough to get a proper "good cactus" and that night mesc blew a hole out the side of my head. One of the most visually intense trips I ever had. I remember having to wade through the bathroom floor to take a piss.

The major difference between mesc and other hallucinogens for me is, mesc has a much higher bodyload. I was totally and completely exhausted after that strong trip, I remember I was still physically buzzed 24 hours later.

Yeah wow, that sounds pretty intense.
It is rather exhausting.
I've had methallylescaline, which had a mescaline sort of feel that i was familiar with, and intense visuals as well.

I look forward to future experiments involving mescaline-bearing cactii. Mescaline is pretty special.

Yeah wow, that sounds pretty intense.
It is rather exhausting.
I've had methallylescaline, which had a mescaline sort of feel that i was familiar with, and intense visuals as well.

I look forward to future experiments involving mescaline-bearing cactii. Mescaline is pretty special.
I always thought of every mesc trip as a privilege. I had so much fun on that trip, it was truly special. I always find mesc invokes really spiritual experiences too, I'm forever seeing 'angels'. Enjoy your future experiments, and dose on the high side. High dose mesc is world changing, just too low and it's 'meh'.

I think cactus might be a little more trippy / intoxicating than pure synthetic from the other alkaloids? Also yes many of these psychedelics, also things like 2C-D or DiPT are eventually serious psychedelics if you take enough. :)
That doesn't mean it's realistic to have the same kind of expectations from all of them though.. some of them can be more subtle or have a bit alternative qualities than the regular all-round psychedelics. I doubt that pushing all of them until they are +++ crazy visual hallucinogenic is the way to go, although to each their own.

Yeah mesc has a long-ish duration with an underlying stimulating current and at the end I can get a headache and like on DOX wish that it would just be over so i could sleep.

They are if you take enough. Just once I was lucky enough to get a proper "good cactus" and that night mesc blew a hole out the side of my head. One of the most visually intense trips I ever had. I remember having to wade through the bathroom floor to take a piss.

The major difference between mesc and other hallucinogens for me is, mesc has a much higher bodyload. I was totally and completely exhausted after that strong trip, I remember I was still physically buzzed 24 hours later.

HAHA looks like I may have to stop in home depot soon I fucking love the hardware store :p.

I always love looking at bathroom tiles when i'm tripping.
Not sure why :)

I used to have yellow and black checkered tiles with white outlines in the old days, fun to look at tripping! I had a ++++ on 1,750 mgs of extract. It was exceptionally glorious and it packed a real punch. Both visually(OEVs, "mind movies" like Solipsis was talking about)and mentally. It was defintely up there with higher doses of LSD. It was still warm and friendly but fuck was it raging with strength. After that trip I never really dosed under 750. It's character just seemed to get stranger but also more awesomely unique the higher you went. I often suggest to people who like strong experiences to move it on up and have a little fun! It's probably the most unique single compound journey I've ever taken and I've been on many journeys!;)

I used to have yellow and black checkered tiles with white outlines in the old days, fun to look at tripping! I had a ++++ on 1,750 mgs of extract. It was exceptionally glorious and it packed a real punch. Both visually(OEVs, "mind movies" like Solipsis was talking about)and mentally. It was defintely up there with higher doses of LSD. It was still warm and friendly but fuck was it raging with strength. After that trip I never really dosed under 750. It's character just seemed to get stranger but also more awesomely unique the higher you went. I often suggest to people who like strong experiences to move it on up and have a little fun! It's probably the most unique single compound journey I've ever taken and I've been on many journeys!;)
Couldn't have put it better myself. And yeah, the bathroom floor hallucination was MENTAL! The whole thing became fully 3d and waist deep, I honestly thought I'd have to clean it all off when I got out the other side! :D