• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cannulation and desperation

systems-vehicle

Greenlighter
I couldn't post this​ thread in Other Drugs because I didn't have any where to pick the prefix. Please help - I've already stabbed myself more times than I can count today:

Cannellation and Desperation

So, due too complications involving, shaky hands; bad drugs and the dilution thereof, I managed to knock every freely accessible vein out of action for the foreseeable future.

Like the Bear Grylls of intravenous drug use, chaotic living and wasted potential that I am though, I always keep some trick up my sleeve.

In this case, after several desperate attempts trying find a reliable spot, I somehow cannulated myself one-handed near the shoulder, unable to see a f'ing thing I was doing. When it registered it bled all over the bed and I 'til I figured out how the port and wings on it worked... This kind of shit is why I'm still single, right.

Anyway here's some HR for the lemming by proxy effects the combined will of these boards seems to have on the vulnerable.

Q; What's a vanillula?

A: Wait outside toilets and public places crying and you'll find out one way or another.

Q: Is this dangerous?

A: Yes, cannulation requires sterile conditions and a a trained medical professional in both performing the cannulation (on others) and wound aftercare. It is likely to lead to a ward full of patients and staff laughing at you while you slowly die of sepsis.

The above being said, please share your stories, pity etcetera, professional or otherwise, here.

Ta.

Well, this is a little off-topic but it's disgusting and may entertain you.

(Side note, this thread probably belongs in "drug culture")

A lifetime ago in my late teens my friends and I were into piercings.

We had a friend who wanted to pierce his nipple. I was going to do it for him since I had the most experience. In attendance was a friend who was a gorgeous blonde. She says something at the last minute like "I'd like to try" and of course our victim says "Yeah, let her do it".

Fast forward 5 minutes, this kid is standing up in a panic and blood is spurting across the room from the needle hanging out of his chest in big arterial bursts. It's hitting people, it's ruining furniture, the girl who impaled him is screaming, the kid is turning pale white and rambling.

Before I can do anything he yanks the needle out of his chest at some weird oblique angle. His pec starts swelling up with blood under the skin. I slap some kind of bandage on the chest, wrap some tape, carry him to the car and head to the hospital.

Turns out that despite uh, maybe ten seconds of showing this chick how to properly do the piercing, she just panicked and staked him vampire-style.