• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Cannot sleep on Adderall IR?

Sisco0123

Greenlighter
Hey there, so I used to be big on stimulants especially adderall taking up to 80mg or more quite often mainly ER and being able to sleep easy peasy. I havent done it in about 2 and a half years and I had taken 40MG IR at 11 AM yesterday. I felt completely drained at around 11PM went to sleep and woke up at 2AM antsy fully energized and not able to sleep. Currently still feeling the same. I dont recall me being like this back when I was a heavy user, then again. I dont remember much back then anyways. Is this normal for a medium IR dose for someone with no tolerance to any stimulants at all? I must say though, I have got a lot done haha.

Yes its normal. You are still dealing with the flood of dopamine. My fix. One beer. And a bunch of benedryl. Not good for the liver but if you make the effort to lay down, turn everything off, and focus on slowing down. You will crash

Yes its normal. You are still dealing with the flood of dopamine. My fix. One beer. And a bunch of benedryl. Not good for the liver but if you make the effort to lay down, turn everything off, and focus on slowing down. You will crash
Preciate it man I been in bed since 2 am trying to get back to sleep, no beers sadly or melatonin I can take.

This is pretty straightforward. Amphetamines are likely to make sleep difficult. Being a stimulant drug, it would be considered out of the ordinary if you were able to sleep at will mere hours after ingestion. Everything is going as it should be.

40mg is quite a bit with no tolerance, it's no wonder you couldn't sleep. Pretty much the only sure fire fix for this is benzos, alcohol will sometimes work for me but I feel twice as bad the next day.

I keep a stash of etizolam specifically for use to come down from stimulating drugs. They're the best drugs to use for the purpose, if you don't have benzo abuse issues. 2mg and I'm out like a light, assuming I lay down and try to sleep. Benzos give you no hangover other than some lethargy when first waking, and are quite nontoxic.

I always stayed off benzos. I found diphenhydramine does help. The most diffucult part is forcing yourself to actually lay down and focus on slowing down. Or rather not letting your mind continue racing which is next to impossible if youre still early in a bender

I take it very early then just fit my day around it. So im doing the tasks that require focus and energy around hours 0-12 then just resting for the comedown doing whatever 12-16 till i fall asleep.