• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Cannot Seem to Reliably Get High with Buprenorphine

drake90001

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I’ve been on subs for about 5/6 months now. Every once and awhile I like to get a bit of an opiate high with them (I have a surplus of strips), however whenever I try (maybe 6mg instead of 4mg) I cannot reliably reproduce a decent high.

Sometimes, the next day if I take less than my normal dose I’ll feel it! I can’t seem to grasp what is happening. Maybe it has to do with the ceiling effect of bupe?

Anyways, thanks to anyone who can answer this for me!

Suboxone is a very strange and unusual drug. In fact it’s the only drug that comes to mind that taking less can get you higher than more. You could probably even take 16 mg at once and you likely wouldn’t be anymore high than 4 mg just more side effects.

Suboxone is best for getting high when around doses of 2 mg or less maintenance in my experience. Then you feel the dose
And get somewhat of an opiate buzz. It’s difficult to get high on Suboxone though while taking it regularly. Even methadone stopped getting me high and even 3x my daily dose wouldn’t get me high the way I wanted

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

I agree, and it’s definitely frustrating as someone who just wants to feel good some days haha. I’m currently down to one 4mg strip daily and I’ve been experimenting with going down to 2mg on and off. I think I’ll make the plunge and see how it goes.

like I said, thanks for relying and I hope other people can contribute some additional experiences or help!

It can definitely start to feel better for some people at lower doses, like instead of taking 4mg once a day you could try taking 1-2mg and you'd probably start to get a more consistent high from it though it may take awhile to properly adjusted the lower dose.

when I got that low it really started to feel better, not just less side effects but an actual high for a few hours. I even started to dose small amounts a couple times a day so that I could enjoy the effects once in the morning and again in the evening. Though if your goal is taper off and quit then doing this intentionally for a high especially more than once a day is likely counter productive to that goal

It can definitely start to feel better for some people at lower doses, like instead of taking 4mg once a day you could try taking 1-2mg and you'd probably start to get a more consistent high from it though it may take awhile to properly adjusted the lower dose.

when I got that low it really started to feel better, not just less side effects but an actual high for a few hours. I even started to dose small amounts a couple times a day so that I could enjoy the effects once in the morning and again in the evening. Though if your goal is taper off and quit then doing this intentionally for a high especially more than once a day is likely counter productive to that goal
Hey! Thanks for replying.

You seem to be on to something with this, as when I was taking half a strip once a day (2mg) I definitely noticed the effects more often and consistently than when I take a heroic dose (8mg+).

I will taper back down to 2mg in the next few days and see if that helps my “problem”. Also, I don’t quite plan to get off in the immediate future but definitely relatively soon, and while I do see how it could be counter productive, I am not overly concerned about my use yet. I don’t care to use anything other than my prescriptions occasionally, thus why I don’t just go get fucking blasted a couple days and then hop back on.

Cheers!

was on bupe for 6 years and dose about 2mg 3x a day fo best coverage and I agree less is better with this drug.... and im gonna say zero chance you just jump from 2mg and are successful ..... this is a very powerful drug not to be underestimated and unless your ready for the fight of your life your best bet is to taper down to the absolute smallest doses possible slowly and then jump...I jumped from 6mg after 6 years and it wasn't until day 13 that the withdrawal peaked and it took about 24 days for things to really calm down...I stayed clean for 5 years due to total fear of what I went through and relapsed 3 years ago on oxycodone my doc an have been keeping my doses low and in check and still battling to get off currently in the middle of a taper and I'm not coming from a big number maybe 50-60mg daily which isn't much of a habit but still hard as fuck to stop...anyway best of luck...I do not wish any of this on my worst enemy....opiate addiction of any kind is no joke