• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabutter/Space Cakes - How much to put in?!

martainnn

Bluelighter
Me and three other friends are planning to make some cannabutter tonight to make some space cakes.

The four of us are light - moderate smokers and don't really have a high tolerance or anything.

So, for four people, what would be a recommended weight of cannabis to put in the cakes? I've looked at plenty of recipes and they all say different weights and the majority of them don't suggest a service/people size.

We we're thinking about 6 grams would be about right for four people? Are we on the right track?!

Cheers :D

It depends on how good your cannabis is & how well you prepare it, your tolerance & what type of effect you're seeking, but if you don't mess it up then that amount should get you all very stoned & you might be able to use less than half that. It usually takes a while to have any effect & then lasts longer, so it's harder to judge doses. Are these 4 people all used to smoking 1.5g in a few hours? You could maybe make 8 portions out of it & save half for later.

Last edited:
Well, I know it's very good weed and I'm fairly sure I know what I'm doing in regards to the process so I'm not too worried about that.

As for smoking that amount, I wouldn't say so, when we smoke together we probably share around a gram over a few hours.

So would you suggest 3 grams would be a better amount?

Thanks for the swift reply!

It all depends how stoned you want to get, but if you're used to getting stoned off 0.25g each & then eat 6 times that amount you're going to get a lot more stoned, maybe to the point of feeling unwell for hours. That's unless you mess something up with the cooking anyway, which is easily done, cakes never did anything for me, I prefer something milk or yogurt based.

Last edited:
Lol, fair play!

Yeah, I'm not sure we want to feel unwell for hours. I was under the impression from reading that it's not the same as smoking and therefore you add more when baking with it?

So, if I say a gram per person and then make 8 servings, would that be the best option? So then we'd end up with 0.5g per serving. That way we can have 1 serving each, see how we feel and have the other serving if appropriate!

Is there any links/threads/recipes you'd suggest I'd check out?

It's less intense than smoking that amount right away, but it lasts longer, so use about the amount you'd use to get stoned for a 4 hour session. I'd just make a weed hot chocolate, boil whole milk (maybe add some cream, or a little butter) with weed in it, keep it boiling & stir it for a few minutes, strain, add to cocoa mixed with cold milk & sugar.