• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis withdrawal symptoms

That's just normal life man, like @Mr. Krinkle said above, that's why we smoke in the first place.

Apart from the sleep bit. That is a bad, unwanted effect of withdrawal. Particularly for those of us who have been smoking decades and then get an interrupted supply. It's a bitch but like everything in life you just have to accept it and deal with it. By getting more cannabis.
I agree because even though as I said I've had what felt like wd off cannabis I didn't mention that we I got older I just got used to going without which is why I can defo say I'm not addicted to weed like I was back then don't get me wrong though I still love a fat J as much as I ever did no matter how horrible life can be to you it's nice to just smoke fat head and not give a shit

Cannabis withdrawals do exist IMO. Nothing compared to other drugs and their withdrawals though.

Your body obviously needs it already. But I hope you can overcome it

Me too, weed addiction is probably the easiest of all addictions to overcome.

Problem is, it's so subtle and inconsequential that certain types of people get completely stuck on how they don't have any weed and make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's like... chill out, bro, do something else for a couple days and you'll be right as rain.

Coming from someone who truly thinks there are addictive qualities to the drug that I'm susceptible to, I really think anybody believing a weed addiction is impossible to overcome should see what happens after a weeklong 60-bar Xanax binge. Of course it's terrible when it's the only type of addiction you know! When you have the frame of reference to compare it to opiates/alcohol/benzo's, however, it becomes a much smaller ordeal.

Me too, weed addiction is probably the easiest of all addictions to overcome.

Problem is, it's so subtle and inconsequential that certain types of people get completely stuck on how they don't have any weed and make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's like... chill out, bro, do something else for a couple days and you'll be right as rain.

Coming from someone who truly thinks there are addictive qualities to the drug that I'm susceptible to, I really think anybody believing a weed addiction is impossible to overcome should see what happens after a weeklong 60-bar Xanax binge. Of course it's terrible when it's the only type of addiction you know! When you have the frame of reference to compare it to opiates/alcohol/benzo's, however, it becomes a much smaller ordeal.

Yea I agree on your points man. As we all know, anything can be addictive, "chocolate is just so addictive blah blah blah" I tend to look at a lot of things in life in analogy to my Opioid addiction. I'm one of those "mostly sober" guys. I don't take Heroin, don't drink Alcohol etc. But I still have several addictions and/or dependencies. I take prescription drugs. My primaries are Gabapentin (Neurontin), which I value for its effects on my neuralgia, but also for the psychological effects like anxiolysis and what I would calll antidepression. This is a rough drug to get off of for many, but in my world of former-Heroin addict-ism I count it as more valuable than worrying about the withdrawal syndrome, though I know it will be difficult.

I take Clonidine (Catapres) almost every night for sleep 0.2mg but sometimes 0.3mg when I'm stressed out more than usual. I also take it during the day when I've drank too much coffee trying to get work done and end up completely cracked out by lunch time. This drug is not what I would generally call addictive, but I value Clonidine as a drug, would have intense anxiety for it to be taken away from me and there would be rebound symptons of racing heart, hypertension, insomnia and maybe some others I'm forgetting. This is another "level" of addiction, for me at least.

Then there's Cannabis. There's so much debate over "is it addictive or is it not". There is so much propaganda from both sides of the for and against Cannabis groups. The biggest liars of all in this regard, I believe are the "for" group. The dispensaries decry the non-addictiveness of the plant with fervor.

Cannabis is and can be addictive. That is just a fact. What these well-meaning "for" people are trying to say is that it is significantly different than things like Opioids or Alcohol. Perhaps this is simply to help the uninitiated get a more basic understanding, which I do get. I think anybody who tells themselves Cannabis is non-addictive is in severe denial. My stance, however, is that the drug is "fun", "recreational" and all that good stuff. Some people will want to smoke more than they probably should. People can be dependent upon Cannabis for a lot of the emotions that they should be getting out of life.

But it is still a safe, essentially harmless indulgence. You're not gonna die. You're not gonna prostitute yourself for more. I would have to say it's really not a lot different than sex. It can be very fun, but some people depend on sex, again, for emotions they should be finding in other parts of their life. In the end, I believe becoming addicted to Cannabis is not such a huge deal. If you want to change things, work on changing things and reduce your consumption.

P.s. I have met people like all of us have, who basically hit dabs all day every day, isolate socially and develop serious psychological addiction to the plant. I believe that these types represent less than a percent of people who smoke though I could be wrong of course.

its almost comical if you consider that tobacco is legal virtually everywhere (some countries are looking to ban i think now?) and cannabis isnt. You take a 20-40 a day smoker and crumple up their cig boxes and compare that withdrawel to someone going without weed
However what if someone is managing a mental or physical health condition using specific strains of cannabis and they suddenly cant get any, then you will witness some distress for sure

its almost comical if you consider that tobacco is legal virtually everywhere (some countries are looking to ban i think now?) and cannabis isnt. You take a 20-40 a day smoker and crumple up their cig boxes and compare that withdrawel to someone going without weed
However what if someone is managing a mental or physical health condition using specific strains of cannabis and they suddenly cant get any, then you will witness some distress for sure

I think that's the biggest distinction. People who use marijuana as a medicine will feel the drugs' absence much more immensely than a purely recreational user.

Most people are one or the other, and find it difficult to imagine the tribulations that their counterparts go through in identical situations.

The only one country that tobaco is banned is Bhutan meanwhile...