• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis withdrawal symptoms

Ismene2

Bluelighter
I didnt know you got cold turkey after stopping weed but after stopping at the weekend by wednesday I was tense,irritable, depressed, couldnt eat, couldnt sleep. Took a tiny bit today and cured instantly.

Its definitely plausible if you are a habitual or heavy user of cannabis, ive experienced it myself from some home grown before just think of it as though when you constantly use it your brain changes to be used to this income of THC and cannabinoids and then if that supply is suddenly stopped then brain and body can be like wtf
there is also a dark side to this that there is a market of synthetic sprayed cannabis out there, and it is very addictive

After 40 years of cannabis consumption - sometimes heavy, sometimes not so - the only 'withdrawal' symptoms I've experienced have been increased motivation and vivid dreams.

But as @Darksidesam sez, there is always the possibility of contamination with synthnoids...

From what i recall years ago stopping immediately after continued heavy usage produced a withdrawal syndrome that sort of resembled a mild opioid withdrawal. It seemed most noticeable after consuming daily edibles for extended periods of time.

Obviously i have difficulties getting to sleep, and when i do i have super intense and personally meaningful dreams.

No prominent mood swings or real anxiety. Just boredom and cravings.

Like many of you I've been a daily smoker for my entire adult life aside from short breaks here and there. I never went all day or like people who do 1g dabs on youtube and shit. I would really try to commit to twice per day depending on what I had going. If I had an empty day, I might just get up and immediately get high, but generally it meant getting up, getting ready and smoking before work and then smoking more or less directly before bed as an unwind/sleep-aid combination. I really think anyone who's smoking more than twice per day on a very consistent basis is going to be getting a radically different experience and this is based off of my experiences going on what you might call binge patterns.

I also was a lifelong Opioid addict and that is what I have to compare things to. Of course, withdrawal from Opioids will disrupt life to the core in a completely different way. I would still say that there is a definite, pronounced withdrawal syndrome for anybody who smokes in a fashion like I do. There is the obvious psychological aspect, just like stopping any habit that is meaningful and entrenched in your being. There is a craving to smoke weed. There is an overarching sense of boredome and what I can only call a "lack of meaning" perceived from life or, a general feeling of, "this would be much better if I were high".

Physically, the most prominent shit for me is the effects on appetite and sleep. If I suddenly have to stop smoking after long-term use, I might not eat for an entire day and won't be truly hungry for days. I also will have a ton of trouble getting to sleep. It's all shitty of course, but it's also not on the same level as a lot of other more serious dependencies.

Im eating quite a bit of it supposed to be more powerful than smoking.

I didnt know you got cold turkey after stopping weed but after stopping at the weekend by wednesday I was tense,irritable, depressed, couldnt eat, couldnt sleep. Took a tiny bit today and cured instantly.
Never heard about withdrawl from canabis.Its somehow habbitforming yes,but even I stopped for a while a longterm weed habbit feels no more than some irritability and just wanna smoke.But also can go without it perfectly.Nothing compared to tobaco habbit

I have been a heavy bud smoker since i was 13 years old so 21 years of non stop daily smoking of at least 2 gram a day and i most certainly feel tense, hot, irritable, cant sleep when i stop. Some stomach pains and headaches are also present when abstaining from weed.

I cant regulate my heat off it too . I definitely cant eat great when i stop. Cant concentrate without it. I am on the autistic spectrum so i am quite sensitive in terms of emotions so that in itsself is more pronounced when abstaining.

The U.S seem to be recognising that people do get addicted to it and it does effect certain parts of the brain that regulate quite a few things.

You have smoke a lot of years without quitting at all maybe.Also 2g a day good weed is a bit lot.You in some States have obvious good legal market with a very strong strains.I have heard it before that in some people heavy long time use of strong strains could have negative impact of the user.Personally for me legalizing weed is a better option(with all regulations)

Like many of you I've been a daily smoker for my entire adult life aside from short breaks here and there. I never went all day or like people who do 1g dabs on youtube and shit. I would really try to commit to twice per day depending on what I had going. If I had an empty day, I might just get up and immediately get high, but generally it meant getting up, getting ready and smoking before work and then smoking more or less directly before bed as an unwind/sleep-aid combination. I really think anyone who's smoking more than twice per day on a very consistent basis is going to be getting a radically different experience and this is based off of my experiences going on what you might call binge patterns.

I also was a lifelong Opioid addict and that is what I have to compare things to. Of course, withdrawal from Opioids will disrupt life to the core in a completely different way. I would still say that there is a definite, pronounced withdrawal syndrome for anybody who smokes in a fashion like I do. There is the obvious psychological aspect, just like stopping any habit that is meaningful and entrenched in your being. There is a craving to smoke weed. There is an overarching sense of boredome and what I can only call a "lack of meaning" perceived from life or, a general feeling of, "this would be much better if I were high".

Physically, the most prominent shit for me is the effects on appetite and sleep. If I suddenly have to stop smoking after long-term use, I might not eat for an entire day and won't be truly hungry for days. I also will have a ton of trouble getting to sleep. It's all shitty of course, but it's also not on the same level as a lot of other more serious dependencies.
Perfect !

Usually when i stop, it's about 3 or so days of interrupted sleep - so i have no problem falling to sleep initially but i keep waking up pretty much every hour....after 3 or 4 days im mostly back to normal...but the interrupted sleep is the worst of it for me

mentally it's only about a day or 2 of irritability, which im aware of, and as long as im aware of it, i can control it....if i forget, watch out - i might tell you what i really think and i might tell you where to go, and then i'll apologize 😎

Usually when i stop, it's about 3 or so days of interrupted sleep - so i have no problem falling to sleep initially but i keep waking up pretty much every hour....after 3 or 4 days im mostly back to normal...but the interrupted sleep is the worst of it for me

mentally it's only about a day or 2 of irritability, which im aware of, and as long as im aware of it, i can control it....if i forget, watch out - i might tell you what i really think and i might tell you where to go, and then i'll apologize 😎
WOWS

it matters how stupid or petty the issue is

like if you're bitching at me for coming back from lunch 2 minutes late...something like that will set me off, where if i was smoking, i wouldn't care, which is why i like to smoke in the first place

I was tense,irritable, depressed, couldnt eat, couldnt sleep. Took a tiny bit today and cured instantly.

That's just normal life man, like @Mr. Krinkle said above, that's why we smoke in the first place.

Apart from the sleep bit. That is a bad, unwanted effect of withdrawal. Particularly for those of us who have been smoking decades and then get an interrupted supply. It's a bitch but like everything in life you just have to accept it and deal with it. By getting more cannabis.

That's just normal life man, like @Mr. Krinkle said above, that's why we smoke in the first place.

Apart from the sleep bit. That is a bad, unwanted effect of withdrawal. Particularly for those of us who have been smoking decades and then get an interrupted supply. It's a bitch but like everything in life you just have to accept it and deal with it. By getting more cannabis.
:)

I had to have a spliff everyday when I was a teen it started as fun daily buzz then you need it to feel you have purpose of just to motivate you to eat sleep or anything people who say weed ha no wd don't know what they are talking about.