• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis triggering psychedelic flashbacks? Theories?

The Winner!!

Bluelighter
Well, this has happened to me several times, first of all when I started doing shrooms, then I smoked weed a couple days later I would feel like I was tripping on shrooms again. Like an example, a recent one- On tuesday I did some acid, and just yesterday I smoked some weed and I swear it put me into a mild acid trip.

Do you think it is because cannabis is a psychedelic and it can trigger those memories in your brain through its psychedelic properties? Or maybe I just got really high cause I hadn't smoked weed for like 2 weeks? Mind you, this piece of weed I smoked yesterday was only as big as my pinky nail, and maybe it was just a combination of having low tolerance and because I have a mild HPPD and weed always seems to exagerate it?

maybe it could be the shrooms still in your system?
then the weed boosted it?

Well for acid specifically I know it only has a half-life of like 30 minutes or something like that, even though it lasts like 12 hours O.O weird huh?

edit: scratch that, looked it up and has a halflife of 3 hours... But still, 8-12 hour trip from it?! so weird..

^That is weird eh.. But yah weed can definatly produce a mild to severe flashback, almost everytime Ive done mushrooms the next day i will get mild visuals for a short time after smoking weed. Its pretty fat actually.

I found that weed can have visuals by itself(especially with low tolerance) but this factor has definitely increased with my psychedelic use. It is most noticeable the week or so after I trip. When I smoke during this period, it is noticeably more intense and visual effects are more prevalent and defined.

This is especially true when I smoke cannabis throughout your trip.

Last time I dropped some cid was 6 months ago, however whenever i smoke weed I still get acid-like trips maybe half of the time.
...not a full on 8-12 hours trip though, that is strange

i try not to smoke for at least 1 day after a psychedelic experience..
i wouldn't say that i get flashbacks, but rather a really intense stoned.
this goes on for about a week until i sort of regain my weed tolerance.

"State Specific Memory"

Cannabis is a psychedelic, and people always dismiss this because they've been using it for so long (built up a tolerance and got comfortable with its effects).

Cannabis sometimes, can slightly put you back into this state, that only can be entered through the "psychedelic gateway." It's like enabling a pathway in your mind, that only can be accessed using the proper key (or the specific substance that opened it). However, sometimes this pathway can be triggered by other substances.

It's like shining a flashlight into a cave, you see it, but you never actually venture on in (where on the substance, you actually journey into the abyss :D).

It can last up to week, sometimes even longer. This happens to me after I roll (only for a few days), however I enjoy tripping out lol

Last edited:
I find weed tends to kick most drugs back in, particularly Speed and X. That's why smoking the morning after biks is so much fun :D that and I can smoke massive bongs on a bik :D

Ah, I never dismiss it is a psychedelic, I've always thought that acid and shrooms have made some sort of connection in my brain and because weed is psychedelic, it opens those connections that were not there before and that's why I get such intense visuals whenever I smoke weed now. Just wanna see if you guys agree and hear your points of view :)

Maybe that's why my mom hates weed now because she started doing meth and whenever she smoked weed it gave her that incredible paranoia, dunno.

That happens to me whenever I binge on psych's for awhile. It goes away after you stop using for a few months , at least it did for me. There were a couple times when I smoked pot a few days after a heavy trip and was straight tripping face. The walls would breathe and I'd find myself starring at the cracks in the street for ages. Watching them move about and dance before my eyes :)

Fun Stuff =D

Ah, I never dismiss it is a psychedelic, I've always thought that acid and shrooms have made some sort of connection in my brain and because weed is psychedelic, it opens those connections that were not there before and that's why I get such intense visuals whenever I smoke weed now. Just wanna see if you guys agree and hear your points of view :)

Maybe that's why my mom hates weed now because she started doing meth and whenever she smoked weed it gave her that incredible paranoia, dunno.

Thats more-or-less what Big Stroonz said above isnt it?

id say wait at least a week before smoking weed after shrooms, and for the acid, the weed might have had some; one time effect to trigger the acid causing a mild flashback, it may happen again youd have to try to see, id say if youre worried about it dont smoke anymore, thats my two cents

I'm not worried, but it happens every time I smoke weed :p Was just wondering if anyone else has similar experience

Hmm... To specify abit more: It seems ever since I started doing stronger psychedelics that my weed high has became stronger in the visual field.. Like I'll usually get tracers and colors/patterns. Not like where as on lsd where the patterns would be everywhere but yeah... Maybe I just notice now what has always been there

I used to get this a lot but I tend to have to be extremely high which really doesn't happen too much anymore due to tolerance. However, when I tripped on DOB one time, a friend accidently flashed a grow light directly into my eyes and when I get really high and close my eyes I can still see the exact same afterimage that I had that day. I also get slight patterning if I stare at trippy things for a while (carpet designs, wood grain, etc.) but I think this is due to extensive mushroom abuse back in the day which may have given me mild HPPD.

Yeah.. I'm definite I've got mild hppd, afterimages, halos and a little static, maybe when I smoke weed it just totally heightens my hppd

hmm, the only time anything like this has ever happened to me is the first time i did acid. then the next day i woke up and smoked like 3 blunts and i swear i had a mild relapse (which was awesome). but this doesnt happen to me anymore.
this also happened to me the first time i rolled. i was rolling FACE at a festival and the next day i smoke alot and felt some serious X effects for a few hrs.

other than that it's never happened to me. neither have i had any "flashbacks" or anything after LSD, even when i've done alot a few days in a row. i think that stuffs just a myth, wive's tale, whatever have you.