• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Toxicity

smokeymcpot42088

Bluelighter
Now I live in MI and my 60 some year old mom with a pot card had a small seizure. (positive vibes appreciated :( ). Anyways to the point they admitted her to the er after we called an ambulance, she weighs 95 lbs and they are saying she was able to fight off 3 big ass EMS guys and a cop. After arriving at the ER she was tied down with rope with a little silk cloth underneath it around her hands and ankles, she has horrible rope burn, in addition to this both of her arms are bruised from the wrist to elbow on the inside as they had a college student in training or some shit attempt to hook up her IV and she was unable. (and no my mom has never shot drugs, yes im sure (as one ever can be) ) Anyways they did not run any neurological tests on her, all they did was run a drug screen and initially were gunna come down on her hard about marijuana when I exclaimed she had a card. Well this infuriated the doctor and he refused to do anything except be confrontational and rude with her as she struggled to regain her cognition and understanding of the world. He ran no neuro tests and the official diagnosis is cannabis toxicity, which I am pretty sure is not a thing I burst out laughing at the doctor (probably not smart but I was almost crying than I heard that and it was like omg) and he literally got laughed at of the room as my mom laughed probably as a subconscious response to hearing my laughter. Also for 3 days they refused to give her her prescribed meds, which I understand a flush on the first day but the second and third day they kept telling her to stay calm and they actually told her to keep her heart rate down (wtf) and I said that's gunna be hard for someone coming off 3 mg of Xanax a day and 21 mg of hydrocodone in addition to a litany of anti depressants, irritable bowel syndrome, migraine etc meds.

My question is how fucked up do you guys think this treatment was or am I bias because she is my mom? I took pics of her arms, wrists, and ankles today before the rope burns which are past skin deep and may leave scars, same with ankles. Of course there going to say it was for her own safety as well as ours and that is probably the end of it, they are a very corrupt hospital that has you sign blank wavers and fill them in later literally. If this is in the wrong forum move it as necessary I don't mean to ask legal questions just do you think that this was mistreatment or do you believe it was possibly necessary. btw she weighs 95 lbs. again move this thread as necessary I think now days cannabis makes the most since, so cannabis toxicity causing a seizure, possible or bullshit? Hospital treatment, possibly even in the slimmest chance or insane? THank you ahead of time.