• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Cannabis) Oral-High Dose-Exp.-brownies resulted in hospital trip on 4/20

You would need to smoke several pounds of pure sinsimilia in a few minnutes to od on weed.

Twas a good read though.

Imagine someone actually died from smoking weed... The media would be in a frenzy, it would be the best thing since sliced bread to them...

^It wasn't the oil and sugar. Come on. He said himself that he'd eaten that many normal brownies before many times.

Yes, I've eaten an entire pan of brownies before and I regularly eat a LOT of chocolate (I run 3-5 miles almost every day and burn it all off) - as in I had 5 chocolate cookies last night, even. I may be 115 pounds but I do love chocolate! :)
The last time I ate this many weed brownies was a year and a half ago. In fact, I ate more then (10 or so, same size)... but they were definitely much weaker as I remember that I was selected as the designated driver... granted that was probably because I hadn't had anything to drink. But I do remember nearly everything from that night (especially my super gradual stops at red lights, hah, that was funny...and how a cop started following me at the end because I was driving so slowly...I didn't even realize until my friend pointed it out and I was like "cop??? where?"") ...needless to say, it wasn't a strange experience. :)

Also, I have made weed tea, weed hot chocolate before. Similar effect to edibles, and had a trippier time with them than just from smoking.

I keep benzos around so if an edible really starts to kick my ass, I can downshift into benzo mode. I'm not recommending anything. I'm stating my findings as a recreational drug enthusiast.

that is waaaaaay too much weed.
I weigh 50 pounds more than you , and I have had intense experiences on one gram, and you had a half oz.
'Nuff said.

half a z eaten is not like smoking half a z...its really not that serious...ive eaten brownies and shit and it sounds like a super panic attack...if you never had a bad high then its scary...but now you know what to do and wont freak again...everyone has at least one bad experience with pot....there is alot of mental shit involved with pot

i've had this happen though it's much more likely per my experience with JWH brownies as it's easier to make them alot stronger.

Eating too many brownies has brought me tachycardia as well as hallucinations and a general sense of agitation; but never vomiting.
Alot of people complain of opiate induced nausea--this might have played in a bit, though I think your body had a similar defense mechanism reaction to ingesting too much alcohol. Having that much psychoactive oil on your stomach I would say caused you to puke...glad your ok though.

Hope you can enjoy the brownies another time...you just have to learn to limit yourself--having alternative munchies (tastier than the brownies) usually helps

I doubt it had anything to do with the "Opium". For a true high from opium you definitely don't need to smoke such large quantities, so I doubt you had actual opium. And even if you did, I'm sure it would have come up in a drug test being that the time period was only a couple hours.

I've made multiple batches of brownies, and each batch is different. Just because you can eat 3 brownies from batch A does not mean you should eat 3 brownies from batch B a week later. I always eat one brownie as a test for strength.

That said, about a year ago I made brownies that were so strong many people were getting extremely anxious off of just 1 (this batch had over an ounce in it) as well as being almost paralyzed stoned. I know I'm just reiterating what other people have already said, but edibles are definitely not something to play around with.

^^That is the truth right there man. I made a bad mistake and ate a brownie at work with my friend(don't work there anymore) and good god I had never been so high/paranoid in my life. I always start with a half a brownie when I do eat baked goods just to be safe.