• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis oil technical difficulties

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I love making strong canna-oil for edibles but I'm still having issues with filtration, I need some help. I use classic coffee filters when separating the final product from the spent weed, this is an extremely tedious process and my least favorite part.

I need a new way to filter this stuff, it seems like I lose a lot of oil as it gets absorbed into the coffee filters and weed. I'm trying to bring the cannabinioid: vegetable oil ratio up and I can't do that if I lose a third of it during filtration. If anybody has a better method id appreciate the tip.

Yea, if you use both better technique ( press the bud out many times, after initially soaking in the oil) and a less absorbent filter (ie, cheesecloth, or a thin multi-layer filter from silk screen or something like that), you should have negligible amounts of oil remaining . If you want to ensure none is wasted, u could always do a second or even third oil soak with heat ( same process as the first soaking, just use less oil for the second run).

There is an abundance of guides online to make canna-butter or canna-oil, just google it, and be methodical about your process, plus a thinner, more porous filtration method (think about how a coffee filter is not very permeable to such thick substance, so instead use a filter that would let oil pass easily but not the spent weed, like a moslin bag or cheesecloth ).