• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis induced panic attack whilst on 1p-LSD

zqpta

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I’ve been a long time lurker but I’ve never really posted so I hope this is formatted correctly, in the right place ect.

Guess I’ll just get into it, me and a few friends bought some 1p-lsd from a reputable vendor and dropped 50ug just over a month ago. About two hours into the trip the visuals were pretty intense but it lacked any head space (I know 50ug is a small dose but I still expected something) so we decided to smoke some weed to see if it would help. As soon as I took the first hit on the joint I instantly got a feeling of pressure/discomfort in my chest, a tingling feeling in both arms, felt like I couldn't catch my breath, had a lump at the back of my throat which made swallowing difficult and my heart started racing. After doing some research I found out that this was a weed induced panic attack but at the time I put these side effects down to the 1p-lsd so I went to hospital just to get checked out – quick word on this, after what I experienced I would never advise anyone to go to the hospital on psychedelics, most of the doctors that I spoke to had no idea what LSD was and the ones that did spent their time trying to shame me into not doing it again rather than actually listening to the symptoms that I was experiencing. I also got told that if I didn't stop taking it I’d get ‘hooked’ which I found pretty amusing. When I got back home I started looking on this site and found others that had similar side effects from cannabis, however, on every post that I read the symptoms seemed to subside the next day. Although the feeling of pressure in my chest has gone, the shortness of breath and racing heart beat won’t go away at all and I also feel extremely fatigued with a lack of focus.

Does anyone think it’s possible that I've triggered some sort of anxiety disorder? I'm almost certain that no lasting physical damage has been done as neither the hospital or my GP who I visited last week can find anything wrong. Now whenever I have the smallest pain/discomfort anywhere on my body Istart to panic thinking that either the cannabis or 1p-lsd has fucked me up. Maybe having the panic attack whilst on 1p-lsd made it worse but I can’t find any information for my situation out there so I don’t know why I’m still feeling like this, any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I forgot to add that a week before this event I tried edibles for the first time and experienced all of the symptoms described above as well but the symptoms were gone when I woke up the next morning.

You're completely fine, your nerves are just on edge. You're probably shaken up from having a rough experience. It will go away in a few weeks or months, in all likelyhood. The worst thing you can do is dwell on it, think about it or stress over it. You have done absolutely no damage to yourself in any way, save maybe some emotional trauma. Just don't take psychedelics for awhile, and if you do choose to take them again at some point, make sure to have benzos handy and stay away from weed.

You banged on the door of the matrix/5th dimension with 1P and it not opening you banged harder with the weed and when it opened you basically chickened out at the last moment and didn't want anything to do with it. You couldn't look. You repressed it and this can cause physical symptoms as you describe. Don't feel bad, I've been there, felt that. In that you felt the symptoms before on the edibles is a clue to where these psychic demons originate from. These are like guardians at a gate that need to be worked on and through. Actually you really have no choice as these guardians will try to always hassle you whenever you try to cross the threshold again. I would recommend the fine art of meditation for one or any religious practice for that matter. You''ll do fine stop worrying. Worry is poison to the mind.

I think it was just a bad trip tbh. Any lasting "damage" is probably just to your psyche, not actual brain and what not. It can be hard to relax in the days following a traumatic experience and it sounds like going to the hospital on lsd would be one.

I would try to put this experience "behind me" and take a step away from psychedelics for a while, and probably even weed if it is making you anxious and uncomfortable to smoke. Give your mind some time to wrap itself around what happened and not stress yourself out if possible.

From the way you type it seems apparent that you are still cognitive and coherent, but perhaps just examining unimportant things a little too closely and over-thinking the remedial details.. which psychedelics are known for.

I think it was just a bad trip tbh. Any lasting "damage" is probably just to your psyche, not actual brain and what not. It can be hard to relax in the days following a traumatic experience and it sounds like going to the hospital on lsd would be one.

yea for sure. i love acid but negative experiences can spawn some serious brainbugs that don't go away after just 'a day or two'. it doesn't necessarily mean there's permanent damage but it can be impossible to tell how long it might take for the brain to find "normal" again