• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis induced anxiety / psychosis

...You can not substitute hemp oil for cannabis oil and vice versa... so not sure what you were referring to earlier or how any of the information you are posting is really relevant...
Referring to the origin of the thread...
I am currently taking cannabis oil for late stage lyme disease but am experiencing extreme anxiety / psychosis from it and can therefore only ingest a very small amount each day. I am at the point where I have stopped taking it as it has become too much. Is anyone aware of anything else that might help to relieve the anxiety/psychosis I am experiencing from taking the oil? I really need to find a way to build up my dose but am at a loss for answers.
THC is the reason someone would be suffering from the anxiety and psychosis. Little is known about the benefits of THC or any of the other cannabinoids; so simply removing THC from the equation is one logical solution.
Edit:

I think you are mistaken. Cannabis oil and hemp oil do not come from the same plant, but the same species of plant. They are apples to oranges in a large way. A plant that contains high levels of THC(10-20%+) in it's buds/flowers has a completely different application than a hemp plant would. A plant that would be considered suitable for industrial hemp would test NOWHERE near those levels for if they did they would get raided and shut down for growing drugs.... idk where you got your source from but I've never heard the word "hemp" used as a way to refer to everything but the flowering part of the cannabis plant. That is really silly.
I have also heard hemp referred to in the way you are describing. It possibly depends on who is making it? Hemp/ditchweed is a variety of cannabis cultivated for fiber and marijuana is a variety cultivated for THC.

I believe the fibrous part of marijuana, with extremely low quantities of THC, can also be referred to as hemp. Though that seems confusing.

... the major reason they are by no means the same plants is for all practical purposes they can not be used for the same purpose. If your plant contains above the levels set for industrial hemp grows then you have an illegal grow on your hands and it must be destroyed. No one takes medicinal cannabis plants as in "marijuana" cuts away the buds and then makes rope out of it- at least not on an industrial or commercial scale. Theoretically it might be possible but it is not practical. If you talk to someone in either end of the industry and they will tell you hemp is not marijuana..

as taken directly from wikipedia's "hemp" article....

"Hemp (from Old English hænep) is a commonly used term for high-growing varieties of the Cannabis plant and its products, which include fiber, oil, and seed. Hemp is refined into products such as hemp seed foods, hemp oil, wax, resin, rope, cloth, pulp, paper, and fuel.

Other variants of the herb Cannabis are widely used as a drug, commonly known as marijuana. These variants are typically low-growing and have higher content of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), and other cannabinoids. The legality of Cannabis varies widely from country to country, and from state to state in the United States. In many countries regulatory limits for concentrations of psychoactive drug compounds, particularly THC, in hemp require the use of strains of the plant which are bred for low content."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ruderalis
High CDB content and it grows in the Midwest.
etc.
...To be exact, 0.22% [of total cannabinoids?] is an extremely small trace of THC to the point of saying "there is just no THC" but the DW strain has one of the highest levels of Cannabinoids (CBD) of any strains in the world with an average testing of 15.8% CBD.
http://scienceandresearch.argylenew...or-Epilepsy-Lyme-Disease-Cancer-and-More-1492

Sorry that the stalk of the plant or other parts with trace THC content are called hemp, the world owes you an apology.

Dear Mafioso,

Sorry 'bout that.

-The World

Now, can we cut this shit out and concentrate on the original post here?
If you want to continue "correcting" me just send a pm.

Last edited:
.. THC is the psychoactive regulated chemical, if you have a certain level of THC most authorities won't care if you call it "hemp" because they will consider it cultivation of a controlled substance.

CBD is non psychoactive and therefore unregulated. Maybe I was wrong to think that all cannabis plants contain higher levels of CBD, but whatever. I'll go with wikipedia before I accept your confused logic.

glad you hold the power to speak on behalf of the world. That is pretty cool...

.. THC is the psychoactive regulated chemical, if you have a certain level of THC most authorities won't care if you call it "hemp" because they will consider it cultivation of a controlled substance.

CBD is non psychoactive and therefore unregulated. Maybe I was wrong to think that all cannabis plants contain higher levels of CBD, but whatever. I'll go with wikipedia before I accept your confused logic.

glad you hold the power to speak on behalf of the world. That is pretty cool...
Dear Mafioso,

Thank you.

-The World

Yes. If they are products made to be ingested then the DEA would have to consider it to be illegal; cited far above is the most recent word I found on their website.

it always made me feel hardcore reality like all the danger and shit i was in and paranoid like everybody plotting on you i know the feeling it happens when the strain is a strict sativa because it gives the strongest mental high and if your already emotionally weakened it can depress the hell out of you and make you feel scared when i was locked up they said i was a violent criminal and needed a evalution anyway they started giving me halcion a anti psychotic pill it had me like a zombie people thought i was slow mentally by the dumb ass things i would say or do after smoking weed and taking the pill to have you zoned out when i came home i stopped taking them cold turkey after 6 months in jail i found myself emotionally wrecked the experience had me terrified i never got over the experience and everytime i smoked some weed for like a month i became a nutcase i had a nervous breakdown when i first was arrested for the incident and i was in the same jail with tavon white and he was one of my personal friends so you know i saw murder exstortion domination sensesless beatings people found hanging from the bars or either was stabbed and killed so its traumatizing if thats the people u dealing with which i was and after the nervous breakdown i had became like dumbfounded i would buy weed and get my methadone in the infirmiry so i thought weed would relax me...man that shit had me thinking one of the dudes i was beefing with killed my mother and father whenever i was high on weed and called my mom and she didnt answer the phone i pictured her shot or stabbed laying in a puddle of blood because that strong mind altering effect intesifies anxiety i learned the hard way

Last edited:
Did they give you Halcion? That is a sleep aid that can cause hallucinations.

Could Haldol be what you were given? Used to treat schizophrenics and psychotics.