• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis grow question

drugsaregod

Greenlighter
hello would using 1 6500k bright white cfl bulb with a heat lamp be ok for the starting og vegging? i plan to get more bulbs and heat lamps. i plan on using 2700k soft white cfls for the flowering, would this work. thanks

The answer to this may be obvious but, why a heat lamp?
It all depends on how many CFL's : number of plants. Don't expect much flowering even a single plant under one 2700k. You need watts which translate into lumen. You will need several CFL's to provide your girl/girls with enough lumen to bloom the frosty, dense flowers you are hoping for.

Last edited:
ok well know i have 3 6500k cfls for vegging but my seed just sprouted out of my pot. i could put more on them if needed. cfls are the best for my situation. i plan on having at least 3 2700k cfls for flowering.

Salutations DrugsAreGod,

hello would using 1 6500k bright white cfl bulb with a heat lamp be ok for the starting og vegging? i plan to get more bulbs and heat lamps. i plan on using 2700k soft white cfls for the flowering, would this work. thanks

The blueish CFLs work wonders in the 1st 6 ~ 8 weeks if you wish to obtain healthy stalks of respectable circumference but then it will be more suitable to switch to another technology for the redish spectrum which also has to provide more flux to finish the flowering phase suitably. Heat lamps are for infra-red and i vaguely recall this has some effect but you'd have to find out how and when, hence i don't think it's such a great idea if you don't know what you're doing anyway. Ultra-violet lamps affect the plant as well but there's no rush as you'll face other priorities, one of those possibly being pest control integration into your project.

Good day, have fun!

=D

yes the blue cfls are doing good for now. i wish to switch to 2700k(yellow/reddish, imitates fall) for flowering. by heat lamp i mean a cone shaped peice of reflective metal with a light socket in it, im pretty sure you know what i mean but i just use it because i though it helped capture and direct the light. also will i need to worry about pests if im doing a closet grow in a clean room?

also will i need to worry about pests if im doing a closet grow in a clean room?

yup. there's always a chance you'll have an infestation but try and keep the grow area as clean as possible. Spider mites seem to be a popular culprit but there's ways to prevent and control them if you do run into a problem. a quick google search and you'll find loads of info about these little buggers

Salutations,

Indeed the risk shouldn't be overlooked; personally my preference would go to short-lived strains but the damage evolves fast once a colony has settled anyway. One simple thing that helps is to lower temperature as this renders spider mites less active (it buys some time to react), another is to maintain humidity level within a suitable range. As for the warfare spiral of fancy bottle rotation$ it's a phenomenon relatively easy to notice on the web and i yet have to read about an economic/accessible method that would simplify everyone's life... At least in between sessions it's possible to "bomb" a room with ozone just to make sure the next one starts on clean grounds, somewhat radical though, as the required level to "bleach" them out is also toxic for humans if i'm not mistaking, euh... While outside there are predators naturally feeding on mites, etc.

Good luck!

=D