• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis for anxiety / PTSD and a foggy mind?

Casual.dream

Bluelighter
I have been suffering with severe anxiety / PTSD and various cognitive issues that come with it. My brain just seems to either be overactive so I cant think or focus or its just in a complete fog where I also cant think or function properly, I can never think clearly or make decisions, everything in normal life has become extremely difficult and to much for my brain it seems, the simplest of tasks is now daunting and overly complicated, I assume due to the underlying stress and my mind always being in turmoil which is common with PTSD and anxiety. I have tried the normal routes of therapy and anti depressants etc with no improvement so I am now looking to turn to other drugs or methods to possibly help with my situation.

First off does anyone else here use cannabis for this sort of thing and has it helped? Is Cannabis likely to mong me out or could it actually calm my mind and possible give me some clarity?

I have smoked cannabis before many years ago but im now not sure what type would be the best for me to assist me in clearing and calming my mind. Theres Skunk which a number of my friends smoke and I will probably try but I remember years ago cannabis resin ie hash/puff used to be a cleaner buzz? I don't think its as common these days but if I could get hold of some do people think that would be a better option? Im basically trying to work out what would be best to chill me out a little but also give me a bit of a calmer clearer mind rather than completely knocking me into zombie mode.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i have some of the issues you have like ptsd severe anxeity and long ago weed just made it worst, i took a 15yr hiatus from weed and just relied on anti depressants like serequel,risperdal all of them basically they worked for a yr or 2 but never really helped then it got so bad were i was prescribed benzo's like ativan,xnanax,klonopin i got some help from benzo's but not the cure all be all i do take a day or two to drink in the month which is sort of a bad crutch but it helps! so my opinion is just be careful try really week ganja take baby hits maybe one or two dont hold the hit just blow it out wait 30 minutes see how you feel also make sure your around someone just in case something goes bad

good luck talk to your doctor about benzos

hunt002

Yo man. I have the exact things you do and purple berry kush does me write. Small amounts. I am 54 yrs. But had a hard problem with an attempted robbery on me and was beaten in the back of the head and neck and some residual from the Military. I hope this helps you. Any of the berry buds will help in small amounts.

Last edited:
I also suffer from anxiety and have a problem drinking, so I try no to. However, I would love some feedback on marihuana. So have told me smoking some, may take away my drinking problem and whenever I have the alcohol craving, just smoke a small amount.

Any idea on this thought?

I think torakev has some pretty good advice. I am not diagnosed with PTSD but I can relate to many of the symptoms and would rather not talk to a doctor about them anyway.

As far as cannabis and anxiety.. IME, it depends on why and what is causing the anxiety in the first place. It doesn't seem to help with social anxiety, and in many cases makes it worse. For me, I get a more general anxiety related to depression for which I find that it can actually help. Times when my mood is really low and I feel that there isn't any point or hope, smoking can help lift my mood. Of course if I smoke too much it has almost an opposite effect and I find myself a bit mopey, lethargic and unmotivated. So if you really are intending to use as a medicine rather than just get high, I would suggest to use with caution. Little goes a long ways.

Also, I would have to say to try not to rely on it as it can easily cause other problems ime.

I have issues somewhat like yours... and weed changes it.
One hit is good (normally)for me when I'm getting over clocked and start twitching, and working sloppy, and wishing god would just cancel all of creation already. It'll allow me to set my mind on one task at a time, and keep up production. It will also turn all of my anger, frustration, and hate inward, which on balance is good for the world. This will become problematic if I run out of work to do or smoke too much.
At home a couple hits can be nice but it's always a gamble if it'll make my night better or worse, depends on the bag more than smoking at work, and my mood. Paranoia can get pretty stupid at times (hear a dog bark across town, become convinced that it's a police dog and, finally after all these years it's all going to end in disgrace, because I'm a stoner, but not yet please). Self hate can get pretty devastatingly smart compared to sober me.
Weed doesn't make me better but, it can make me function better to outside observers, and jamming high is fun most of the time.

I also suffer from PTSD & anxiety, as well as severe depression likely due to environmental issues such as being on disability, the low income from disability, severe isolation, no real friends just a few acquaintances, no love life, etc. I do have a nine year old son who suffers from the "collateral damage" of my issues which makes me even more depressed, because he's really the only person in my life, & I love him so much. Very little, if any contact with my family immediate & extended probably doesn't help even though we don't really get along very well. I also have degenerative bone & disc disease as well as severe osteoporosis which makes my bones very brittle & subject to frequent and recurring fractures. I've broken my back several times and have a separated shoulder to boot. So I'm in constant physical & psychological/emotional pain, and have been on every Med that's come out in the last twenty years. I'm currently supposed to be taking between forty and fifty different Meds per day, but I only take about ten to fifteen of them. I completely understand what casual.dream is going through as I feel the same with the added physical problems. I've only been using marijuana medically for a couple of years now and not consistently due to my income. I also sometimes use hash oil which works better than smoking bud (which usually makes me tense & gives me a headache), but usually it puts me to sleep within thirty minutes or so. I recently tried a thc infused hard candy which seems to be right in the middle of the two previously mentioned methods. However, the candies here cost $10 each and I'm considering trying to make my own to save money and get the relief I need. Can anyone suggest a good strain & method to do this? I'm also wondering if I could use the hash oil to make the candy, as its already been extracted from the plant, and I figured that it would save me some time, and save me from the possibility of making a mistake during the extraction process, which I can't afford to do. Does anyone know if it's even possible to do this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help that is provided. I appreciate all of your time and any info will help. Peace����⚡️��

^ dude you got it rough, sucks man.
Anyway I googled "hash Candy recipie" and got lots of good results on the first page, I got no experience making anything than bud butter so, so no point in me posting links. Most seem to ask for you to decarb the hash but that's it. Getting them potent should be even simpler than brownies, getting them tasty might take a touch more skill and a candy thermometer, but I make better non magic baked goods than candy so what do I know?
Edit: Fuck it this looks awesome and is pretty well written:
http://www.hightimes.com/read/psychedelicatessen-hash-hard-candy

Last edited:
Oddly enough, for me, if I'm experiencing anxiety/foggy mind etc., weed just makes it worse.

Weed's effects on anxiety for me are most beneficial when I've already removed myself from environmental stress triggers, whether they be social, work related, etc. and have time to unwind at home.

But that's just me.

^ dude you got it rough, sucks man.
Anyway I googled "hash Candy recipie" and got lots of good results on the first page, I got no experience making anything than bud butter so, so no point in me posting links. Most seem to ask for you to decarb the hash but that's it. Getting them potent should be even simpler than brownies, getting them tasty might take a touch more skill and a candy thermometer, but I make better non magic baked goods than candy so what do I know?
Edit: Fuck it this looks awesome and is pretty well written:
http://www.hightimes.com/read/psychedelicatessen-hash-hard-candy

I read through the recipe that you provided via the high times link, and it looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I actually haven't even made butter before, this will be my first attempt at making any type of edible, hence my trying to find a recipe that calls for the oil (hash oil concentrate), because I don't even know how to extract the "good stuff" from the plant matter. For anyone who hasn't yet checked out the link provided by "GolemGolem" I highly recommend taking a look at the recipe. It and the article itself really is well written as GolemGolem suggested, and I have to agree, it does absolutely look great. As previously stated, I've never cooked with any type of MJ, in fact, the candy that my buddy gave me was the first edible that I'd ever had. I have made hard candy before, not the good kind of course, but a good candy thermometer, 2 qt saucepan, & metal cooking utensils is really all you need aside from the ingredients, which are quite simple. Flavoring oil comes in every conceivable flavor, and can be purchased at any craft/hobby store that carries candy supplies, or for a better selection & price Amazon carries a much larger selection at a better price. Regular food coloring, just a drop or two, works great & makes the final product look as good as it tastes. Now I just have to try making it with the hash oil, and hopefully it will all work out. Thanks again for the link, and as soon as I have the time & funds I'll give it a go and let you all know how it works out! -Peace

Oddly enough, for me, if I'm experiencing anxiety/foggy mind etc., weed just makes it worse.

Weed's effects on anxiety for me are most beneficial when I've already removed myself from environmental stress triggers, whether they be social, work related, etc. and have time to unwind at home.

But that's just me.

I don't find it hard to believe at all, that weed would make things more difficult for some people with the issues that you mentioned. Unfortunately, in my case, I'm unable to separate myself from the environmental stressors in my life. My issues, as bad as they are, aren't worse than anyone else's issues or problems, they're only different. To be able to understand why I can't escape said "environmental" issues, than you'd have to know about the severity of my PTSD, and how I am still being traumatized on a daily basis 35 years after the initial traumatic experience that took place. Since this is obviously not the appropriate venue for that discussion, I'll simply say that if you're able to escape the environmental stress triggers in your life, even if only for a few hours a day, then by all means do so, and do it as often as possible. Otherwise, from experience, you will eventually get to a point in your life where the only thing you can even think of, is how much of your own life you've actually missed out on, and the only thing that you have to look forward to is the day that you don't wake up, and all of the seemingly unnecessary pain you've endured is finally over. "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”. ..."Death is not the greatest tragedy in life. The greatest tragedy in life is what dies inside you while you're still alive." -Tupac Shakur I had no intention of going to such a dark place, please accept my sincerest apologies. I do however truly believe that if you can find a way to have some sort of peaceful, relaxing, quiet time to decompress, do so. Good Bud goes a long way, and can heal you in so many ways, but life will kill you if you let it, and I don't want anyone to allow themselves to wither away like I have. So, keep fighting & taking advantage of the most beautiful & important plant the world has to offer. That's right I said plant, not drug. Again, my apologies if I brought you all down, I had no intention of writing much of what I wrote. I guess I just had to get it out, & you all have made me feel like you'd understand, when most people don't. Thank you for that. It is a kindness that I rarely experience. Now I'll shut the fuck up & take a few tokes. Clearly I need it! -Peace

Well, I guess most of us agree that weed can help anxiety. So Hello, Im the alcoholic guy trying to use an alternative substance to control my drinking. I made up my mind and will start smoking/eating/drinking marihuana. However, smoking it, has always make me feel slow, sleepy and letargic. I dont know if Im smoking correctly. Maybe I shouldnt hold it for long, or maybe Im smoking too much. Any thougts on this?

Does anyone know if I can make a tea of marihuana, or maybe cook it with some butter, or make a brownie?

Please help me with opinions and recipies. Please no recipies with hard to find groceries. Bare in mind Im in Mexico and all I can get here is normal weed, no hash or gum.

Many thakns.

I don't find it hard to believe at all, that weed would make things more difficult for some people with the issues that you mentioned. Unfortunately, in my case, I'm unable to separate myself from the environmental stressors in my life. My issues, as bad as they are, aren't worse than anyone else's issues or problems, they're only different. To be able to understand why I can't escape said "environmental" issues, than you'd have to know about the severity of my PTSD, and how I am still being traumatized on a daily basis 35 years after the initial traumatic experience that took place. Since this is obviously not the appropriate venue for that discussion, I'll simply say that if you're able to escape the environmental stress triggers in your life, even if only for a few hours a day, then by all means do so, and do it as often as possible. Otherwise, from experience, you will eventually get to a point in your life where the only thing you can even think of, is how much of your own life you've actually missed out on, and the only thing that you have to look forward to is the day that you don't wake up, and all of the seemingly unnecessary pain you've endured is finally over. "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”. ..."Death is not the greatest tragedy in life. The greatest tragedy in life is what dies inside you while you're still alive." -Tupac Shakur I had no intention of going to such a dark place, please accept my sincerest apologies. I do however truly believe that if you can find a way to have some sort of peaceful, relaxing, quiet time to decompress, do so. Good Bud goes a long way, and can heal you in so many ways, but life will kill you if you let it, and I don't want anyone to allow themselves to wither away like I have. So, keep fighting & taking advantage of the most beautiful & important plant the world has to offer. That's right I said plant, not drug. Again, my apologies if I brought you all down, I had no intention of writing much of what I wrote. I guess I just had to get it out, & you all have made me feel like you'd understand, when most people don't. Thank you for that. It is a kindness that I rarely experience. Now I'll shut the fuck up & take a few tokes. Clearly I need it! -Peace

I'm curious to know more man! I don't understand people's reluctance to write a lot, and the sense of "this isn't the right venue for discussion of this topic".

In some threads, yes, concise answers are better. But in weed discussions... Weed is a healing herb brother! Everyone has some weird issues they're dealing with. Many go down bad roads, heavy drugs etc. I'm assuming we're here because we got a good head on our shoulders! Sure we've probably dabbled in other drugs, but at the end of the day, weed is where our heart belongs, which is a tribute to our self control. Stick to the sticky green!

I know the day will soon come that I am going to be out in the world, facing triggers like work, dealing with different people, etc. all day everyday.

They will be hard to escape and opportunities to toke will become fewer and fewer. Hearing how you cope, or perhaps some specifics of how you find time to toke and/or unwind in your situation, would be great

Last edited:
:\ I'm going to subscribe to this thread, as I'm looking for better ways to manage severe pain. (It only hurts when I breathe) Opiates cause more problems than solutions for me personally. I'd like to see how your candy making works out. I hope you find a way to find relief. I really do.

DixiChik