• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Edibles + St. John's Wort

U

Unregistered543

Im a regular smoker. Ive also used edibles. One time i ate a fairly potent brownie after eating a handful of st johns wort pills.

Now ive read that st johns wort is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. I ended up entering a full hallucinogenic experience of a seperate village and a whole town designed to raise and kill me. Sort of like an extreme stimulant psychosis. Is this possible? I thought my girlfriend had (who uses no drugs other than what i have around) had slipped meth into my forty ounce and was a closet speed freak and was forcing her to drink it and started singing and playing that greenday song on guitar as a hint i "knew". She still doesnt know what happened.

Any ideas?

i don't think there is a particular issue with that combination. the problem might be you taking a “handful" of these pills. they are potent.

anonymous -> healthy living

st. john's wort has no known interaction with your cannabinoid system I'm aware of (THC has very little effect on the dopamine system), but when you make edibles the result is a cannabinoid that's much more potent than THC and could cause something like that. However, this is very unlikely to happen to an experienced toker. I'd say maybe your brownie was laced with a research chemical or possibly synthetic cannabinoid because they're much cheaper to produce than cannabis but that's speculation and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously. Cannabis IS a hallucinogen though..