• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Curiosity #1

Ptshaw1421

Greenlighter
I started smoking weed when I was 15 years old. Most of my friends and family did it, so I found myself using marijuana regularly throughout high school and a few years after that. My issue though, is this. I noticed very early on that cannabis didn't seem to effect me the same way that it did most of the people around me. For starters, it made me feel uncomfortable in a physical sense. The best way I can describe it is to say that it felt as if my nerve endings were exploding all throughout my body, and sometimes it was almost too much to bear. As if that wasn't enough, it also effected me mentally. I immediately became unsociable and reserved. I would start to focus on the negative things in my life to the point where I would become paranoid and everything then got stressful.

The whole point is after repeatidely putting myself thru that, I couldnt help but wonder why it did that to me and noone else around me. It seemingly had nothing but positive effects on the other people I observed that smoked.

So is it just my body? My particular gene pool? Or is their other things/conditions that make it so? Anybody's opinions would be appreciated.

It is impossible to say, so many things affect the experience from biology and genetics to mood, ambiance, expectation etc.
I presume that you have stopped smoking now? Clearly it does not agree with you so not doing it is best all round.

Some people just don't react well to cannabis. There likely isn't one particular thing that caused these negative side effects.

Likely the reason you chose to continue anyway was that you
1. Wanted to fit in
2. Kept hoping that next time might be more enjoyable
3. Enjoyed it to some extent
4. Wanted to get high; but didn't want to explore into harder drugs with more dangers health wise and legally

Or any/all of the above.

Some people dont like it or it doesn't agree with them for many possible reasons.

One person's medicine is another's poison.

I started smoking at 17, with my ex. For four years, every time we went to one of his friend's houses (always stoned) I was so uncomfortable I literally just sat there. For hours. Not saying a word. I look back now and think they probably thought I was a fcking weirdo, but it was the weed that made me feel like I needed to get the fuck away from people. I was too "paralyzed" by anxiety to be social. This was about 6 years ago. Now I only smoke at night, with my bf. If someone happens to stop by when I'm stoned, I hide lol. It brings on too much anxiety to be around anyone but my bf while stoned.

that's odd. basically, when i first use weed, all it's give to me is positive. i guess it depends on someone using it anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love smoking and how it makes me feel, it just has to be a certain situation. It took me years to realize that I shouldn't be smoking around people I'm not comfortable with or my buzz will be ruined instantly and replaced by a crippling anxiety.

My weed high is totally different from my friends. For one thing, my visuals are so strong that i can't drive.
Assuming there were no cops, i'd sooner drive after 5 beers than after a good-sized bowl.
it's that bad.
besides, i get really high when i have no tolerance, and even my tolerance doesnt build to a point where i don't get decently fucked up