• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis consumption CA probation

CrimsonRambeller820

Bluelighter
Hey lovely bluelight family. I'm here in Socal on probation. I had a really intense form of it for the past 18 months or so where the tests were random, but recently terminated due to getting in trouble for crap like missing a group and being sent to jail and rehab because of it and sent to jail again cause I got kicked out of the rehab. I haven't been using cannabis for a while, but when I initially took this deal like 18 months ago one was on the table where I could spend a few months in jail and then ask the judge to exempt me from medical cannabis restriction since I've had it before. I chose this intense probation cause I wanted to get out of jail during the height of covid & it would have taken forever to go to trial. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the attorney who made that deal did so bcuz I mentioned I had my recommendation from 2016 to 2019. Long story short, this attorney is no longer representing me but his wife is, conflict of intrest that may be, she said that this lesser probation will not accept or approve of me smoking medically because of how long I've been clean in that intense program I terminated from. However, the day I terminated someone did so with me and the conditions of his probation are different than mine in that his says "No using Medical Marijuana even with a card, recommendation or prescription". That same part on mine commands me to "No using medical Marijuana if directed by P.O.". Does anybody know the specific legalese of this? Am I screwed no matter what? If I get my cannabis rec and can prove to my primary care provider I need it as a prescription can I smoke until my probation is over in just a few months?

Think your best bet is to ask your lawyer the difference in wording on a legal standpoint...then there is no mistake on information provided.

Hey lovely bluelight family. I'm here in Socal on probation. I had a really intense form of it for the past 18 months or so where the tests were random, but recently terminated due to getting in trouble for crap like missing a group and being sent to jail and rehab because of it and sent to jail again cause I got kicked out of the rehab. I haven't been using cannabis for a while, but when I initially took this deal like 18 months ago one was on the table where I could spend a few months in jail and then ask the judge to exempt me from medical cannabis restriction since I've had it before. I chose this intense probation cause I wanted to get out of jail during the height of covid & it would have taken forever to go to trial. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the attorney who made that deal did so bcuz I mentioned I had my recommendation from 2016 to 2019. Long story short, this attorney is no longer representing me but his wife is, conflict of intrest that may be, she said that this lesser probation will not accept or approve of me smoking medically because of how long I've been clean in that intense program I terminated from. However, the day I terminated someone did so with me and the conditions of his probation are different than mine in that his says "No using Medical Marijuana even with a card, recommendation or prescription". That same part on mine commands me to "No using medical Marijuana if directed by P.O.". Does anybody know the specific legalese of this? Am I screwed no matter what? If I get my cannabis rec and can prove to my primary care provider I need it as a prescription can I smoke until my probation is over in just a few months?
I would echo what AussieJoe said, which is to first ask your attorney. Second, if probation is over in a few months, is there no way you can just hold off on smoking weed until then? I know it is difficult for some people to quit but the WDs are temporary and not that bad. I'd say to keep your eyes on the prize and when your probation ends, toke up all you want. Of course remember that your tolerance will be low.

Gentlemen I thank you for you input. If anyone can help me actually go through the steps to get a med card in San Diego I'd appreciate it. To respond to you both, I talked to my attorney this morning and she said I'd need to get my Med Card, get the recommendation/prescription from my physician, and then go to the court house and request a modification for probation where they put me in front of a judge and basically let them decide whether or not it is merited. It might be a tough sell, but I take varying amounts of 6 different medications and two are for mental health and the other 3 are for this sacro-illial joint damage pain I have from a kidney shot four years ago. If I can get proof of all that then maybe perhaps it'll be granted, and it's not that I'm impatient to smoke(tho that is how I feel) it's moreso that I've been on meds almost all my life and cannabis helps with most my symptoms. Also, I haven't smoked since August 2020 so no WD's for me, I'm just trying to get it for the reasons I described and cause I had my med card before but now that I got all these issues I feel like it's an even more valid reason to smoke. And because I work in an artesnial Lab I would like to try the product I'm making and I'm around cause sometimes it just looks so damn good and takes me back.

Also I'd only be requesting the modification IF my P.O. says I can't smoke once I have those things. I think I'll be meeting her next Monday from today.

I'm on probation too in socal. Can't really help, my advice is just wait it out because probation is strict.
Right on. I just got my card online... through the county, you could provide proof of residency & get your MMIC, which I think would be more legit to bring to the P.O./judge if they say no. I see my physician tomorrow and I'm hoping she'd be on board with signing some sort of thing that came with my online rec to help me get my card, or even writing a prescription. My psychiatrist whom I get my ADHD meds from said they don't do that, so my physician is my only hope. Idk what the heck is up with my PO, someone who got out to probo hasn't been tested in 6 months. I lost my place when I got incarcerated so cannot provide a current proof of residency like a rent or utility bill to get a medical Marijuana identification card through the county. I'm hoping what I have will be enough. Standing for more than an hour activates my nerve pain and it's bad as heck and I don't wana take any more of these pain meds every time it comes up.

I would be careful about pushing up against legal boundaries on technicalities you get from a drug abuse website. Do note I am being extremely understated saying that.

Just curious, do they test for alcohol as well or still stuck in the war on drugs? California is a legal state so no different then having a beer.

Just curious, do they test for alcohol as well or still stuck in the war on drugs? California is a legal state so no different then having a beer.
I thought about that. Like going through all this trouble to get a script for cannabis while it's legal is like going through all the trouble it would take to get an Alchohol prescription lol. They are still stuck in the war on drugs in every possible way. On the surface, it seems like they are just looking for the hard, addictive stuff. Although the drug court program I was on before I took summary probation actually gave me an LSD piss test 3 days before they locked me up for a "missed group". So yeah the legal system doesn't care how much something has helped you become a better person and/or right your wrongs, find God, and live without as severe mental disturbances, if it's illegal, yer goin' to jail ovr' it!. Honestly I think they are just dumb as shit anyway and though I may have been getting a little loose lipped with how great the psychedelia world is, when I was tested for LSD they wrapped my piss in tin foil and that's like kicking a dead horse bcuz all the light-sensitive chemicals have been metabolized. I even said that, but these folks aren't in the business of rehabilitation and their intent on drug tests isn't to keep you off drugs and alch but if you trip one to punish you over it.

I would be careful about pushing up against legal boundaries on technicalities you get from a drug abuse website. Do note I am being extremely understated saying that.
Roger that. I basically meant to say I'd be going through the med rec, card & prescription route only if my PO(whom I haven't met with yet) says I'm not allowed to use cannabis. But even so, I think it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I'll get off this November anyway if worse comes to worse.
Regardless, the information I get from here, jail, or my lawyer I will maintain my carefulness when pushing up against legal boundaries, always. Cause if I don't I already been there done that and never wanna experience that again if I can help it.

Hey everyone, a couple weeks ago I got it approved and will see my PO for the first time since getting it approved. I didn't think to get anything in writing and apon leaving I was so excited to enjoy my newfound freedom that I just didn't turn back. Anyway, hopefully it's not all some big scam to get me locked up like any hundred and one scenarios the system is capable of.

I hope you get a break. Weed is the only thing keeping me sane and away from harder drugs.

Yeah glad she let me slide. Me, my weed and letting me have my weed isn't hurting anybody. Yes indeed this is a commonality in recovery circles about cannabis being applied that way and helping some people. The medical pain relief characteristic is great because you're getting back to plant medicine and you're not lining big pharma's pockets as much or at all anymore. It's like a small way of "dropping out" if you're growing or locally sourcing your own medicine I think that's why there seems to be be such pushback with this even in a state where it's been legal medicinally for more than 25 years.