• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Combos and Heart Rate

Weed does increase heart rate, but it's pretty minor. It does NOT increase blood pressure. Weed is actually a vasodilator. I think it's pretty safe to mix with uppers but I'd be worried about anxiety with that combo.

Erikmen, if you don't mind me asking (be vague if you wish) where abouts in the world are you located? I only ask as to be able to best advise on the likelyhood of decent Indica being available to you.

Well "Indica" is itself a type/variation of cannabis, it comes in both Indica and Sativa natively however nowadays strain banks cross breed the pair for hybrids and make thier own strains. To provide a brief explanation:

You will likely have had both types of weed and almost certainly a hybrid (most common form around), Indica, native to places like Afghanistan Morrocco etc has thick bushy leaves like a maple leaf and the effect on you is more body orientated than head, you get "stoned" rather than "high", more of a behind the eyeball feeling and a whole body laziness and couchlock feeling (I'm sure you have experienced this).

A Sativa has long thing serrated leaves when growing and takes significantly longer to come to flower, the effect of a Sativa is a very heady rush and a complete "high" with a heavy head buzz, possible dizziness (for me it produces anxiety, fast heart rate and occasional paranoia) etc but no real body laziness effect, (most people recreationally will use a sativa during the day and an indica at night), generally when it comes to pain relief, appetite stimulation and insomnia you would almost certainly choose an Indica strain (or an indica dominant hybrid) as this will do the job nicely.

This is where all the strain names you hear come into play, if the names are correct you can check up exactly what you are going to get, to provide an example nearly everywhere in the world now various variety's of "Cheese" are available, these TEND to lean towards the indica scale more than sativa however this isnt always the case as certain breeders cross breed for the effect they want, cheack out websites like "Nuggetry" and "Leafly" to read more about strains.

You have no idea how many people have told me simply "weed just isnt for me, whitey out every time and I hate it" and then if I am lucky enough to persuade someone to try again specifically giving them a 100% Indica plant they always have a completely different experience and generally this changes thier views, I have created many a stoner this way!

Medical isn't the only way to get it, most street dealers will have mixes of sativas and indicas or sometimes 100% of each but the problem is most of the customer base doesn't care about what they are getting therefor most dealers don't bother to learn about their product.

I've been a hardcore daily weed smoker for over 12 years now and will still whitey out (greening out, ghosty, it has various names) on a strong Sativa, shit just isn't for me but I will take heroic amounts of Indica dominant weed daily as it helps incredibly with my muscle spasms and other issues related to my MS.

The main problem nowadays is the illegality of it in most places, stops this real information being spread correctly....this is why in medical legal states there are dispensaries with trained advisors there to recommend the correct strain for your problems, there will be a huge amount of people on this board with in depth knowledge of weed also however if anyone has any questions on this particular thread please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer, misinformation is the enemy nowadays!

The problem here is the quantity, not quality at all. I am on a Methadone treatment for almost 8 years, and due to my current dosage, prescription of 70-80 mg daily, I have a great blockage from most opiates, including Oxis (I´ve taken over 400 mg and nothing) same with fentanyl with 100 mcg. Therefore, I rely on Cannabis to relax every here and then.
As I mentioned, BR is the place of huge excesses, of coke, alcohol mostly crack, but also marijuana, there are also lots of pharmaceutical opiates if you are well connected, but that´s about it.
When I´m in US I do have my ways but had never heard of Indica before I´ve made a research. It seems to be perfect and suitable for me.

Last edited:
I guess the Cannabis available in here is from South America, Colombia, Peru etc.

Does weed affect the heart in a different or less harmful way than other drugs?

Differently and less harmfully than methamphetamine and coke? Yeah. A whole hell of a lot differently and less harmfully.

Very interesting. So there is an alternative for Cannabis, and Indica is the way. Only available for medical purpose, he?

No, it's only obviously labelled and honestly distributed from reputable medical dispensaries and recreational clubs. Any weed you come across could be indica- or sativa-dominant, but most likely you've been dealing with indica/sativa hybrids most of your life (if you're under 30).

Without a legitimate source, your best way to access a wide variety of different marijuana strains would be to find a black market dealer that knows his shit and is willing to educate as well as distribute his product to his customers.

Last edited:
No, it's only obviously labelled and honestly distributed from reputable medical dispensaries and recreational clubs. Any weed you come across could be indica- or sativa-dominant, but most likely you've been dealing with indica/sativa hybrids most of your life (if you're under 30).

Without a legitimate source, your best way to access a wide variety of different marijuana strains would be to find a black market dealer that knows his shit and is willing to educate as well as distribute his product to his customers.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.... you get lucky and the odd street dealer knows his stuff or if he is growing it himself then you might get the real info, but as I said above in my other post, most of the customer base don't care so why should the dealers :(

Hybrids are pretty much all everyone will be getting for most of the future.... there's a small group of people travelling the world and fighting to keep the landrace strains alive and going ( a lot of these are generally 100% either way )... guys basically my hero lol

http://www.strainhunters.com/

I don't want to glorify any use of drugs. However, in my experience weed, coke and alc can go well together without any major side effects depending on the individual taking it. I'm not saying its good, neither useful, but it is actually my favorite combination. First the line, then a joint right after, swallowing it down with a little whiskey and a cigarette with a little powder on it. I could not imagine a better state of mind, to escape this planet for a longer time. Though - be careful of substances to be relatively pure, and know your body if someone plans to combine.
CaReFul, I have friends which can't use this combo at all due to their increasing heart rate, I'm just talking for myself and for the few people I have done this with. Know yourself, and your limits.

I'm sure from the most pleasant moment, it can turn to the darkest moment if you body can't tolerate the mix. So be smart, be sober. Go out and run for an hour, and you'll get high from your own adrenaline.

I´m currently in South America, BRZl (...)

shit you down here too man? man if you ever get the chance to compare sativa vs. indica strains over there, can you compare it to down here's weed? cuz im pretty sure its mostly sativa here - the weed i get is always very head high/psychedelic/anxiogenic, but never got the chance to try something med grade to know for sure, and i'm really curious

i wish i could try some low-THC, high-CBD strains for a more relaxing weed buzz - had to quit weed cuz it was messing too much with my head even

Such a shame brother, wish I could get you a nice nug of solid Indica, in my experience all the negative (subjective) aspects of smoking weed simply aren't apparent with an Indica (Anxiety, Paranoia, Heart Racing, Panic Attacks) and you just get an awesome body melt and heavy head and eye stone.

I hope you get to try this as without Indica I wouldn't be a weed user as I can't tolerate a high Sativa, too much mindfuck, the odd hybrid but as long as Indica dominant is as close as I will go.

Your heart rate goes up in response to dramatic dilation of blood vessels (which causes BP to go down). The best course of action is to take your dose of weed slowly. I never get higher than usual heart rate with joints. However, when I pack the same weed in my 3,5 ft bong I get like 40 minutes of tachycardia.

Such a shame brother, wish I could get you a nice nug of solid Indica, in my experience all the negative (subjective) aspects of smoking weed simply aren't apparent with an Indica (Anxiety, Paranoia, Heart Racing, Panic Attacks) and you just get an awesome body melt and heavy head and eye stone.

I hope you get to try this as without Indica I wouldn't be a weed user as I can't tolerate a high Sativa, too much mindfuck, the odd hybrid but as long as Indica dominant is as close as I will go.

thanks for the words bro. to me it isnt even the panic attacks, it is the psychedelia and mindfuck that makes me dislike it, keeps me wondering about my sanity and making me feel odd.
it just sucks weed is illegal here so we really don't get to pick what we're getting besides how strong it is...

i have hopes though... Uruguay is just around the corner =D i def want to try it...

peaaace!

I believe the quantity of cannabis being sold in SA does not allow your dealer to distinguish one from another. I believe Indica is the way. Very hard to find though..
Curious fact when you are scoring other opiates, you know in many times, exactly what you are purchasing. It does not come with a label but can be pretty much accurate in purity and type

How about Scotland? How are the scenes there in comparison to England?

To be honest, pretty damn good if you know where to look, your standard street dealers just gave any name to anything and if its slightly drier or stronger than normal they just call it "cheese" regardless whether it is a cheese strain or not.

Outside the street dealer market there are a lot of home growers and small care groups and due to them being primarily medical in focus (although not 100%) it is very easy to get a hold of various strains and types based upon your requirements.

I've had similar experiences down south however I always find it harder to get someone who knows their stuff or even the REAL strain name so I can check the genetics and see if it's what I'm after, you get lucky here and there but I prefer it up home.

Well generally I would say so, we are a friendly people regardless of the usual racist stereotype we get painted with, of course theres a few, there are everywhere, however most people I know are the same as myself and embrace the change to share time with someone from another land, more interesting than the same old shit!

I don't imagine you wouldn't have any problems if you ever visited!

The thing is not only the heart race. But how anxious you get from weed. I´ve read interesting posts about Cannabis Indica which provides you a relaxed "time off". Not anxiety as it´s physical and intense in a different way.

Yup, Propranolol is a great choice if it's just the physical side of it bothering you (heartrate etc), but Diazepam or other benzos in low dose can be good before smoking to keep the phsychological side of it all in check, anxiety etc.... saying that, for most people it's normally the physical stuff that then CAUSES the para and then that kicks into anxiety/panic attacks lol.

haven't had a problem with herb + most stims but herb + coke was definitely a problem because BP went through the roof.