• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and social anxietey

My experiences:

* A month of abstinence was not enough to fully recover from all the effects. It did bring a noticeable change, made me more social but also somewhat irritable and moody honestly. I think more time would be required in order to fully reset the brain. Cannabis has subtle but stubborn after-effects. It was very easy to fall back into old habits afterwards.

* It is possible to learn how to be a stoner and not be socially anxious, but it takes some working-around and may not be recommended

* Smoking all day long is a lot worse than smoking every night - any sober time is helpful

That last point is what I ride on. Since I don’t like to get high and go to work, I use that as my time to sober up. Cannabis has a long residual effect that compiles onto itself, so the less the better.

So I said I’d come back to update. Yes my major decrease in cannabis use has really helped me to socialize. I been hanging with new people and doing pretty well with it compared to before.

I use a one hitter when I smoke now, try to wait as long as possible between hits, and trying to not do night hits. (I used to wake up 5-8 times a night to smoke.)

-GC