• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and social anxietey

nativenick

Bluelighter
Struggling hard with social anxietey and hella lonely. I need to meet women, but in order to do that I neeed to quit smoking weed. I can accept giving up chronic on a day to day basis. What I'm asking is are there people that have been able to check there weed habit and keep there weed habit to a once in a blue moon and be able to become more sociable, or should I quit entirely. Really need input from potheads in the same boat as me

Struggling hard with social anxietey and hella lonely. I need to meet women, but in order to do that I neeed to quit smoking weed. I can accept giving up chronic on a day to day basis. What I'm asking is are there people that have been able to check there weed habit and keep there weed habit to a once in a blue moon and be able to become more sociable, or should I quit entirely. Really need input from potheads in the same boat as me
I recommend you just stay away from it.
Every single person that I know that was a daily user for a long time that quit and then tried smoking occasionally, even after 2 years of abstinence, went back to daily use in like 2-3 weeks.

It's definitely possible. I quit for similar reasons but also depression and anxiety. I didn't smoke for 10yrs and when I came back I found my relationship with cannabis had completely changed. I smoked a lot less. It never became an imperative in my life again. I could take it or leave it and it also seemed to not have as many negative effects.

I have been totally fine with using cannabis sporadically. Not everyone seems to be the same though.

I do tend to be habitual but I frequently go weeks without a single toke

My own anxiety really never went away fully until I completely quit weed. Other factors contributed to the improvement but it was underpinned by making that change. Try it and see.

Every single person that I know that was a daily user for a long time that quit and then tried smoking occasionally, even after 2 years of abstinence, went back to daily use in like 2-3 weeks.

Damn! It took them that long?

yea that's me

i always end up back to everyday - although i do start off keeping it in check for a few months before it happens again

part of my problem is then i get too high when i only smoke occasionally so it's as if i need to smoke more to keep my tolerance up so im not so retarded when i do smoke

so i just don't smoke and i haven't since December

:shrug:

part of my problem is then i get too high when i only smoke occasionally so it's as if i need to smoke more to keep my tolerance up so im not so retarded when i do smoke
Lmao I'm upset that as I went to say "what in the utter fuck are you talking about" it clicked for me and I know exactly what you mean.

A low-tolerance high can seem absolutely foreign to the ones we experience when our habits are heavy. i have to say a prayer and do a Hail Mary every time i come off a T-break.

Idk, keeps me safe 🙏

For me it’s all or none.. I can relate as I’m recently single and trying to navigate all that BS again. I’ve been trying to cut back and hopefully stop completely but after 19yrs of daily use I’m feeling pretty locked in.

I will say that in times past, I did cut back and it did help me be more social. As much as I love weed, it’s horrible for socializing. I’m about to enter a festival so I’ll report back after since I’m gonna try to keep my smoking minimal. Perfect environment to “test” some social skills.

-GC

As much as I love weed, it’s horrible for socializing.

100%

one of my favorite rappers has this saying whenever he's talking about weed... I've never heard it anywhere else so I found it super original and naturally stole it for my own use.

anyway, when he says he need two-hundred-twenty-five pounds of leave-me-alone, you just know he's talkin' about a room full of weed.
Z-Ro said:
I need 225lbs of leave-me-alooooooone... got a whole lot of rooms at the house but you can't spend the night, go hoooome... LOL but i'm serious, though-- what you lookin' for? why you so curious, ho? you tryna steal somethin', huh?

Don't smoke when you want to socialize. :)

As far as meeting women. That has indeed been a sticking point for me. Women are attracted to socially confident men. Marijuana does indeed cause me social anxiety. So, pot is kinda specific to making that a problem.

Nowadays, though, you can just get on a dating site and be honest and selective. Start conversations with *many* women at first and be honest. Let people know you "like 420" but get quiet or whatever. The key is to be ruthless in trimming down your contact list at first.

Smoke less, or not at all, while you are looking for a good partner to smoke with. There's plenty of women who aren't social butterflies when they smoke as well, the problem is meeting them like you say.

Many women will shy away if they see you get social anxiety while smoking. Fuck them. They lose. Find one where you just look in her eyes and wordlessly want to burn that lady down, just to have her as your own for a time.

Why do you need to give up weed to meet women? I would never date a woman who wasent ok with smoking weed

Why do you need to give up weed to meet women? I would never date a woman who wasent ok with smoking weed
No one said to give it up. Maybe on the first date or so. Ya, attitudes on da reefer are some of the first data points to gather.
I tend to get quiet when I smoke. If you don't know a person, it can be an awkward silence. If you do know them well, you can suck their pussy and have them make the sounds.

No one said to give it up. Maybe on the first date or so. Ya, attitudes on da reefer are some of the first data points to gather.
I tend to get quiet when I smoke. If you don't know a person, it can be an awkward silence. If you do know them well, you can suck their pussy and have them make the sounds.

Ya a anti weed stance is a instant red flag for me. I mean se sure as shit aint gonna be down with shooting morphine then lol

I take breaks. I didn't notice it when i was younger but i guess after life happening i don't like being in public when high. Not due to paranoia but seems my anxiety gets worse.

it can be great party drug, comeup with no tolerance is often intense, at least if I smoke spliff instead of vaping, but when it mellows a little, it is good. Actually I am nowadays sometimes concerned of not smoking when I am drinking because it gets reckless easily, as alcoholistic person.

I don’t smoke before I have to talk to people (other than those I’m extraordinarily comfortable with). And generally wait until evening unless I’m alone - in which case I still try to wait.

For me it helps to work out more. As well as staying busy…

My experiences:

* A month of abstinence was not enough to fully recover from all the effects. It did bring a noticeable change, made me more social but also somewhat irritable and moody honestly. I think more time would be required in order to fully reset the brain. Cannabis has subtle but stubborn after-effects. It was very easy to fall back into old habits afterwards.

* It is possible to learn how to be a stoner and not be socially anxious, but it takes some working-around and may not be recommended

* Smoking all day long is a lot worse than smoking every night - any sober time is helpful