• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and Anger problems. The opposite of what most think.

Hawthyz

Greenlighter
Hello there!

I have a few questions about cannabis causing anger issues and wondered if any body else here has suffered them?
I've smoked cannabis daily since I was about 16 and I'm now 22. I've always been around it and always had access to it, the anger was never caused by having none.

My anger and temper has always been very severe since I was a teenager and I never understood why. I'd be angry at my family, friends, girlfriends, people down the phone. For any reason what so ever, I couldn't give a hoot about who i pissed of or how I spoke to them, my attitude was disgusting. I had a motorcycle accident in December and decided to quit smoking whilst I was going through recovery of my injuries. Quitting cannabis apart from the sleepless nights and dreams was much easier than I thought.

But the biggest thing I noticed is my anger/stress/attitude has dissipated, I'm lovely to be around now. I can handle any situation without so much as arching my eyebrows and I haven't raised my voice in weeks. It's absolutely frustrating knowing that cannabis has this affect on me and for the better part. I'm going to have to give it up forever (or well I should).

Can anybody here help explain why or how this happens?

yes, definitely. i have realized i am far more irritable when i am not high and tend to be passive aggressive given the situation.

i'm much like you in that i started at 15 and i'm just into my early twenties as well..

i'm not sure how this works.. it's a bit strange but it is a common thing with heavy abuse/dependence.

I have definitely noticed this as well. My excuse for smoking used to be to relieve my anxiety and anger. After smoking habitually, like 3 times a day, I realized that these emotions were probably caused by not being high when my brother joked around about how I was having a nasty comedown after giving him attitude after my high had worn off and I was trying to get back home to the stash. I decided to take a month break. Only lasted a couple weeks, dropped LSD and my outlook on life sure has changed and my consumption is down to every other day and I try to stay a lot more positive and think about my actions as I go through daily life. I think the LSD helped a lot :)

Being an old man who was already nursing an anger issue before I began using weed, it has done the opposite for me. I had a history of getting telemarketers to quit their jobs, I was pretty much overtaken with rage that really didn't have a source outside of a bad place mentally.

It took about 4 years of daily use before I changed. It was a conscious effort and due entirely to the deep thinking done while stoned and meditating. On occasion I do become irritable and it seems to be when I am forced to change focus while engaged in a difficult task. I see these mood swings quickly and can usually prevent any outward sign of my mental conflict.

One caveat may be that I switched from smoking to edibles after about 4 years of smoking and have been using edibles for the last 4 years. I do know people who smoke daily and are so angry they are challenging to be around. I know the thc switches from delta 9 to 11 when eaten could that actually account for a mood difference, or am I just over thinking It?

@Yourbaker, I think you are brilliant for noticing that little detail :) That would most certainly make a mood difference, in my opinion...every little molecular change does indeed mushroom into a big difference. As for me, smoking does chill me out, but when I become dependent on it, I will get angry when I have none. It's a matter of relativity. The high becomes normal and sobriety therefore becomes something worse.

I am more passive and mellow when stoned, and when I run out of the stuff within 8 hours I am a fucking monster. Screaming at people in traffic, etc... it could actually be dangerous. I used to break shit to pieces too when I wasn't stoned. Talk shit to people for no reason... like the opposite of why I started to blaze. Much worse than I was to begin with.

Big reason why I quit. It's common sense to me... rebound anger, since weed tends to make you the opposite of angry and stressed. Just don't overdo it like all day every day for months on end, that's when this shit becomes a problem. It also has to do with life stressors of course, and your personality... it's not the weed making you angry haha.

Right, the anger comes from within. I have a friend--actually my sister's boyfriend, so a very good friend of mine! Like a brother to me--who also quit smoking weed for the same reason: rebound anger. It's clear after waking up today with no weed and freaking out that I have some inner work to do on this issue.