• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS)

Yea it’s fucked up. I used to actually have anxiety attacks around them, which would further precipitate one. This would make them happen at the most in opportune times, like family gatherings, concerts, etc.

The interesting thing about CHS and CVS though is the power of a hot shower. Even if it doesn’t stop it completely, usually the severity will less greatly and I’ll get a moment to breath and maybe try to take some meds before I get out and it starts again. Something about the heat combined with the repetition of the drops hitting your body helps take you somewhere else. I’ve spent hours in the shower before, certain places the hot water ran indefinitely so I’ve stayed in for 6-7hrs before just half catatonic.

The one thing CVS has taught me is how to dissociate when I’m in pain, which can be a lot sometimes. During chemotherapy, during dental visits, stuff like that, I’d kinda zone off where I’m not asleep but not awake. I’m aware of what’s going on but try my best to keep it at arms reach.

-GC

I think that I have CHS, one day I am smoking cannabis all day and the next day in the morning I wake up with some nausea and vomit, which goes off after that disgusting episode, this is every morning until I finally stop smoking cannabis and I am normal the next day in the morning, so I have no doubt that cannabis is the problem.

I once knew someone who was diagnosed with cannabis toxicity. Whole room erupted in laughter (and like zopiclone said; jesus wept) lol, minus the doctor who turned bright red and left the room. Only time I have ever seen a doctor flat laughed out of a room. Dude never came back either.

*doctor to USA patient interpretation* "We have no damn idea what is wrong with you but we found something to hang it on that you won't push back too hard"

I've been a heavy smoker for 50 years and still find it suppresses nausea, mind you this years will be my first crop rehybridisation in 20 years on my old superskunk.. have AK-47 and Aussie Blue bred in now.
I'll reevaluate with this years.
Don't laugh at cannabis toxicity.
I've just recovered from insidious onset serotonin toxicity that was being masked partly by cannabis's efficacy as a spasmolytic and multi transport interaction.
Some cannabis toxicity patients had been dabbing pure THC where it's serotonergic activity will interact with most antidepressants.

Acute cannabis toxicity has the same symptoms as serotonin syndrome.
Most of the symptoms listed us chronic stoners would lump under the category "stoned"... The diagnostic criteria left over is "way too stoned" and consists of hyperreflexia and clonus.

So ... If you start twitching uncontrollably or your eyes start jumping while you watch a moving finger, get thee to an ER and ask for cyproheptadine.