• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabic life promptly illustrated in black & white!

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Admire the contrast:

[ https:// www.greenmarketreport.com/bernie-sanders-has-a-plan-for-cannabis/ ]
Bernie Sanders has a plan for cannabis (2019-Oct-31)

Under Bernie Sanders’ plan, he will take executive action to remove cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act.

[ https:// berniesanders.com/issues/legalizing-marijuana/ ]
Legalizing Marijuana

Under this plan, not only will Bernie take executive action to legalize marijuana by removing it from the Controlled Substance Act, he will expunge past convictions of marijuana related offenses, and ensure that victims of the War on Drugs are not passed over by the burgeoning marijuana industry.

versus

[ https:// www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/community/quebec-cannabis-law-1.5339477 ]
CBC: Quebec passes cannabis law that will raise legal age to 21 (2019-Oct-29)

[ https:// montreal.eater.com/2019/10/30/20940028/quebec-cannabis-restrictions-edibles-ban-brownies-gummies-chocolate ]
ME: Quebec officially outlaws most of the fun marijuana edibles (2019-Oct-30)

E.G. socio-toxic instrumentalization from all sides.

Legal weed in 'Merica plz. I hope Sanders somehow wins despite the downright hate he gets from DNC loyalists and legalizes weed all up in this bitch. Federal-like. Yeah.

Quebec: On October 17th, 2018 if you were age of 18 you could legally buy cannabis. Now you won't be able to buy Cannabis until you are 21. 150g possession limit at home. Can't grow. 2.5mg limit PER edible PER package. Want a nice Cannabis buzz - think about eating 40 chocolate bars. .

However, oddly enough Quebec has the lowest legal price for an ounce anywhere in Canada.

Tom
(yep, consumption of edibles in public is illegal in Manitoba, $672 fine)

(yep, consumption of edibles in public is illegal in Manitoba, $672 fine)
What a silly law. How would they even know you were eating edibles? I pop xans in public because I'm prescribed them for panic/GI issues and no one even bats an eye, who's gonna be looking around for some dude eatin' a brownie?

Salutations Thomas Davie,
Salutations Cream Gravy?,

Want a nice Cannabis buzz - think about eating 40 chocolate bars.

Or in case of serious (life-threatening) medical applications close to 50 rectal suppositories per day, as argued by Vancouver activist Dana Larsen. Which IMO strikes the imagination enough to spontaneously accept the idea that it's all politically-driven anyway, with one obscene aspect of it being when mass media TV/papers support their silly delusions as if it were solid evidence, including the 21 years-old limit still pretending there's "science" behind!

🤨

...oddly enough Québec has the lowest legal price for an ounce anywhere in Canada.

Let's not forget how twisted the initial premise became. Just a couple years ago the president of Québec's GreenHouse Producers Union, André Mousseau, publicly declared his industry could offer BIOLOGICAL cannabis with quality tracking as with chrysanthemums for 2.50 $/g (*), while Statistics Canada evaluates 10.23 $/g (avg.) for Trudeau's "legal" mari-caca, or 5.59 $/g (avg.) if "illicit"... Which totally eclipses the simple fact that for lots of consumers a "dealer's" pricing could already seem abusive though at least we were no captive customers being over-charged & over-taxed @ twice the cost for half the quality.

Not to mention Hexo was launching a financial (strategic) decoy basically intended to calm investors, if that's what we're refering to:

GNW: HEXO launches cannabis value brand, Original Stash, with 1 oz product at $4.49 a gram including taxes (2019-Oct-16)

Take note although this other related article shown a few pictures starting with the bag there ain't no macro-snapshots of any trichome glands:

I tried the SQDC's new cheap weed & this is my high-minded opinion (2019-Oct-18)

🧐

In any case Hexo's cost still exceeds André Mousseau's 2017 estimation by 2 $/g.

To top it all his proposal didn't imply pumping green money outside Québec's borders, for example to Belleville/Ontario when they're ready for production of THC and/or CBD beverages, as recently announced on late TV news. Expect ridicule doses, never mind CBD being nearly non-psychoactive! Euh... Or hopefully Hexo goes bankrupt 1st, considering 4.49 $/g already exceed 200 % of their base-cost, apparently:

DD: Hexo Corp targets black market with $4.49 per gram product (2019-Oct-16)
...the firm is running at roughly $2.17 per gram for a cost basis...

💵💰💵

Justin Trudeau's 2015 electoral platform wasn't deceiving about 1 detail, after all:
2015-Electoral-Platform-480x360.png
« We will remove marijuana consumption and INCIDENTAL possession from the Criminal Code, and create new, stronger laws to PUNISH more severely those who provide it to minors, those who operate a motor vehicle while under its influence, and those who sell it outside of the new regulatory framwork. »

And if cost doesn't suffice to deter brain-washed consumers then how about this very same manufacturer actually announcing "kosher" in time for Christmass a couple years ago, when in fact it's finally turning into some peculiar sample of cynical irony:

[ https:// beta.theglobeandmail.com/cannabis/article-mysterious-symptoms-and-medical-marijuana-patients-are-looking-for/ ]
G&M: Mysterious symptoms and medical marijuana: patients are looking for answers (2017-Aug-19)

For example it turns out heat converts myclobutanil into toxic compounds including a schedule-3 poison listed on the Chemical Weapons Convention as hydrogen cyanide!

:eek:

In other words mass media systematically avoided making the connection, probably gambling on the odds that nobody would ever connect the dots:

G&M: Marijuana producer details source of banned pesticide problem (2017-Jun-5)
Hydropothecary said some of its products were found to contain levels of myclobutanil ranging from 0.01 to 0.13 parts per million.

Please keep in mind it was supposed to be BANNED, initially:

G&M: Canadians not told about banned pesticide found in medical pot supply (2016-Dec-29)
A controversial pesticide banned in Canada has been discovered in products sold by a federally licensed medical marijuana producer, The Globe and Mail has learned, but neither the company nor Health Canada have informed the public.
Myclobutanil, a chemical that is also prohibited for use on legal cannabis in Colorado, Washington and Oregon because of health concerns, was found in product recently recalled by Mettrum Ltd., a Toronto-based medical marijuana company.
The pesticide is not approved for use on plants that are combusted, such as tobacco or cannabis, and is known to emit hydrogen cyanide when heated. Lawmakers in the three U.S. states moved quickly to ban myclobutanil, in some cases enacting emergency legislation when they discovered growers using it.

Yet fractional information was leaked, bit by bit:

G&M: Medical marijuana firms discussed using banned pesticides (2017-Mar-7)
Meeting minutes and confidential e-mails sent in 2015 to more than a dozen companies on the subject, show that some industry members supported using prohibited chemicals such as myclobutanil – a pesticide that produces hydrogen cyanide when combusted...

Which is most counter-intuitive coming from an otherwise sensationalist information industry, knowing that HCN was also synonymous of Zyklon gas in nazi extermination camps around 1942 ~ 1944!! Moreover, it equally appears that Hexo/Hydropothecary worked hard to define elusive (hard-to-detect) "trace" concentration levels that would eventually "pass" testing even using advanced analysis instruments:

Limits of Quantification in parts per million
Active ingredient: Myclobutanil
Fresh cannabis & plants: 0.010
Dried cannabis: 0.020
Cannabis oil: 0.010

Now go wonder why the Ottawa Sun recently revealed that 200 workers are about to loose their job, while Hexo "struggles to become profitable"...

...who's gonna be looking around for some dude eatin' a brownie?

Or a beverage:

Why did HEXO rise 17% on Thursday? (2019-Oct-18)
Molson to release marijuana beverage by year’s end (2019-Oct-18)

My problem with extended processing is that it involves concentration while we already got close to a hundred other Pest Control Products on H.-C.'s official list - so far! ... In conclusion i believe there's going to be more mass-poisoning scandals minimized as "chemiophobia", considering that the individual effects don't just add up: they MULTIPLY. So i can't care less if myclobutanil is non-detectable!

(n)

Respectful cultivation practices embraces multiple considerations, like the complex interactions of multiple beneficial lifeforms in nature, for example in symbiosis with a plant's root system. Briefly put, it was a crazy decision to agressively promote INDOOR (bunker-style) environments in the 1st place! Etc., etc.

So, pardon me if i don't dribble with envy at the mention of kosher Zyklon sold 200+ % the base cost while dealing with a monopoly!

Lets hope the beverages are strictly analyzed by INDEPENDENT laboratories, even competition peers!, e.g. with no possibility to "shop" around for the most advantageous results as was reported in California/USA relatively to the "Vaping Deaths" crisis.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
op. i just feel REALLY sad that weed has to be the victim of this clown show. 🤡 ☹.

i feel sorry for anyone that has to do that for a living (politics).

something had to be wrong with ALL of them.😁
i am being serious. but i am in cannabis discussion.

omg there's a vaping death crisis now too.

now, i really need some drugs to calm down.

What a silly law. How would they even know you were eating edibles? I pop xans in public because I'm prescribed them for panic/GI issues and no one even bats an eye, who's gonna be looking around for some dude eatin' a brownie?

You're absolutely right. It is a brain dead, dumb law. The 'head' politician, Brian Pallister admitted that it would be difficult to enforce but it is 'about public safety', whatever the hell that means. They can't ban public eating and they can't start checking people. That does't matter to our dear leader. Pallister didn't want legal Marijuana, did everything he could to delay it, asked for an extra year and complains about everything w/regard to Cannabis.

Brian Pallister "I'm staying home the day of and after legalization because of all the high drivers". Welcome to friendly Manitoba, where you can only consume Cannabis in your own physically detached house, unless a condo/apartment owner gives you permission to consume onsite. Being medical allows you to consume outside but not within 8 metres (~24 feet) of a door/entrance to a building, bus stop, children's playground, etc. Basically, medical users are allowed to consume if they walk in the middle of the street. Consumption at music festivals? Nope.

Egzoset, I understand (I think) what you mean when you say

'My problem with extended processing is that it involves concentration while we already got close to a hundred other Pest Control Products on H.-C.'s official list - so far! ... In conclusion i believe there's going to be more mass-poisoning scandals minimized as "chemiophobia", considering that the individual effects don't just add up: they MULTIPLY. So i can't care less if myclobutanil is non-detectable!'.

If myclobutanil exists at a level of 1 part per billion in raw, unprocessed Cannabis when it is concentrated into a stronger form, you may end yup concentrating it and other pesticides/contaminants as well. Yes, and I would like to think that the final product will be evaluated for contaminants. In my dealings with CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) over 20 years I've found them to be anal retentive and over focusiing on very small details to the neglect of some obvious errors in our presented evidence. But, you know - even if they think of testing final concentrate products I'll be worried about what they are not testing for. The first wave of Cannabis 2.0 products hits on December 17th, but are being tested now (Oct 17-Dec 16th and then a rolling 60 day period after that).

Forgot to add that yes, I meant the product from Hexo [Hydropothecary). The liquor control board of Manitoba has said its will be available at some date’. Today, November 3rd, I saw the first legal price decline in 13months.

Tom

Last edited:
Salutations Hylight,
Salutations Thomas Davie,

...this clown show. ... ...something had to be wrong...

A clown show entertaining clowns only, with primarily concerned players still not invited to their party.

Honestly i fear if i were less detached i might feel drained like an empty shell, by chance i can manage to kick back with a few more bites even when it seems nothing more could be added, as if captive of some never-ending railroad going nowhere.

🛤

Maybe it wouldn't be alienating this much if mass media TV/papers could at least reflect society from some of our perspectives too, in mutual/reciprocal respect... Anyway sometimes the warriors happen to discredit themselves in front of a camera if we just pay attention, despite taboos supposed to shield them against all criticism, for example last Sunday at TLMEP - on premium hours via Canada's French-speaking TV network:

TLMEP/SRC - Cannabis: « buzz » sur l'âge légal @6:38/14:54 (2019-Nov-3)
« Moi, mon frère c'est ce qu'il a eu. ... Oui, il est viré schizophrène après des périodes de drogue
dans son adolescence. »

Guy A. Lepage was reacting to a statement of Marie-Ève Morin on "psychosis" induced by cannabis:

Marie-Ève Morin - TLMEP (2019-Nov-3) [360x480] .PNG
Marie-ve-Morin-TLMEP-2019-Nov-3-360x480.png

On at least 2 occasions during the existence of that very same TV program mister Lepage mourned over the suicide of his brother Bruno and now, in a non-ambigous cannabis context (...), he's actually blaming "drug episodes" for schizophrenia which emerged during adolescence. It turns out past statements by Guy A. Lepage himself already revealed that Bruno died much later (at 33...), more exactly ~3 weeks after interrupting his treatment because of an announcement from his spouse who had become pregnant:

Guy A. Lepage on Twitter
« Trop heureux d’apprendre que sa blonde était enceinte, mon frère a arrêté sa médication. Il s’est suicidé 3 semaines plus tard 24/08/96 RIP »

Apparently Bruno was "too happy" but it's obvious to me this proved most destabilizing, then eventually fatal.

Consequently it's the emotional shock that was the trigger and yet the audience was induced into concluding otherwise...

🤫

Which on SRC ain't even a 1st occurence as i can recall 2 similar prohibitionist instrumentalizations of dead relatives preceeding the brief "Légaleezation" panic observed last year, prior to the law taking effect. Although i can't be specific relatively to both cases i'd say it was about two fathers blaming cannabis for the suicide of a young vulnerable son while they happened to be medecine professionals themselves... In absence of details i can only comment this inspires me the ultimate clown show when i try to imagine the distress from hitting a wall-of-shame raised by their own dads! Nonetheless one survivor parent even became a "re-hab" warrior by starting his own "Clinique Nouveau Départ", actually based on abstinence... More details are mentioned here:

SRC: Comment aider son enfant toxicomane devenu adulte (2015-Sep-2)
« Le fils de Jean-Pierre Chiasson semblait avoir réglé ses problèmes de toxicomanie, mais une déception amoureuse l'a poussé au suicide. »

Once again on national mass media TV i saw and heard this surviving father address blame in a cannabis context while in fact his son killed himself after a painful love afair...

🤕

So, perhaps i'm too insensitive dealing with taboos as that but i got to wonder how more wrong can it be to seek revenge over ghosts from beyond the grave? Now try to explain it to people who decided they much prefer the propaganda version!

Welcome to friendly Manitoba, where you can only consume Cannabis in your own physically detached house... ... ...in the middle of the street.

What a chance you got, soon Québec won't even allow your last option! Euh... 🥴

Egzoset, I understand (I think) what you mean when you say 'My problem with extended processing is that it involves concentration...'

Thank you, sometimes that's all a guy needs. (y)

...may end up concentrating it and other pesticides/contaminants as well. ... ...I'll be worried about what they are not testing for.

It's just too odd how our politicians can pretend "learning" from other cannabis reform "experiments" and conveniently forget to revisit those, for example:

Leafly: Tainted vape pens selling 2-for-1 in illegal California stores (2019-Oct-23)
Some oils had pesticide levels more than 5,000 times the legal limit. ... ...5,475 times over the legal limit for mosquito pesticide... ... ...547 times the allowable limit of bifenazate (a chemical used to kill mites), and 362 times the limit for myclobutanil... ... ...Blueberry Pancake Crunch tested 1,780 times over the state limit for myclobutanil.

Concluding “It’s kind of scary how many pesticides we found in these samples.”, which is a clear reference to what i call "soup". Then lets include this in a larger perspective with due focus put on "laboratory shopping":

Leafly: 40% THC flower?! How Lab Shopping and THC inflation cheat cannabis consumers (2019-Aug-8)

If money does to an expanding lab analysis market what it did to cannabis so far then it's clear even worse scenarios await ahead!

😲

Today, November 3rd, I saw the first legal price decline in 13 months.

As long as all our regulators seem to understand remains limited to financial language it's still a war against people, essentially. No wonder we read/hear them somehow complaining about "organized crime" which before "Légaleezation" wasn't as "Hard Core" as what they pretend it to have become - hence the "clown show" impression mentioned above IMO.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
UPDATE!

Well the war goes on, stronger than ever actually, which must be why Canadian national French-speaking TV broadcasted more propaganda as soon as its regular programming could resume... So, now that the "magic" of Christmass has finally passed the bigot anti-cannabis prohibitionists are free to line up in order to get yet another free bite, just as i denounced last month:

...prohibitionist instrumentalizations of dead relatives...

Freshly confirmed, "A Mari usque ad Mare":
SRC, On va se le dire S1Ep66, J.-P. Chiasson (2020-Jan-6) [640x400] .PNG
SRC-On-va-se-le-dire-S1-Ep66-J-P-Chiasson-2020-Jan-6-640x400.png
Radio-Canada: "On va se le dire" - Épisode du 6 Janvier (@ 28:51)
« Moi j'ai perdu un fils qui est décédé d'la drogue, j'peux-tu vous dire que j'chus sensibilisé à ça! »

N. B.: It's listed as S1/Ep65 on tou.tv while my previous December reference simply disapeared...

SRC: Comment aider son enfant toxicomane devenu adulte (2015-Sep-2)

Although for some reason Radio Canada recently removed it there happened to be a copy remaining in Google's cache, so lets save it for the sake of posterity!

Lorsque son enfant d'âge adulte a des problèmes de consommation, il vaut mieux prendre ses distances. Les invités de Catherine Perrin réagissent aux propos de l'ancien joueur de hockey Guy Lafleur au sujet de son fils Mark: le Dr Jean-Pierre Chiasson, fondateur de la Clinique Nouveau Départ et père d'un toxicomane suicidé, Manon Lacroix, directrice du Centre option-prévention T.V.D.S., et Louise, mère d'une femme de 30 ans aux prises avec des dépendances.

Louise a passé près de deux ans sans avoir aucun contact avec sa fille, qui a toujours refusé de terminer une thérapie. « Comme parent, ce n'est jamais un rôle facile à jouer, dit-elle. Il faut dans tout ça se protéger soi-même et essayer d'accompagner son jeune, son adulescent qui est devenu adulte. Il faut le laisser assumer sa part de responsabilité, être là pour l'accompagner, l'aider, lui fournir peut-être un billet de métro, peut-être une épicerie, mais ne pas prendre ses décisions pour lui. »

Cohésion essentielle

Le fils de Jean-Pierre Chiasson semblait avoir réglé ses problèmes de toxicomanie, mais une déception amoureuse l'a poussé au suicide. Ce père estime qu'il a été naïf et qu'il a inconsciemment été complice des dépendances de son fils en ne regardant pas la vérité en face.

Dans sa pratique au Centre Nouveau départ, il insiste aujourd'hui pour que parents, médecins et autres intervenants adoptent la même approche à l'égard d'un jeune toxicomane. « La cohésion de travail est essentielle, plaide-t-il. Les toxicomanes, souvent, rechutent, et on devient codépendant en favorisant le clivage. Maman dit une chose, papa en dit une autre et on occulte souvent le problème. [Les toxicomanes] deviennent des "faillologues": ce sont des spécialistes pour mettre le doigt dans la faille dans laquelle ils se prennent du pouvoir. »

Laisser aller sans jeter l'éponge

Manon Lacroix estime elle aussi qu'il faut d'abord aider le toxicomane à prendre ses responsabilités. « Dans certains cas, il y a des jeunes qui ne voient pas qu'ils ont un problème parce que le parent, se sentant coupable, démuni ou désarmé, va essuyer les conséquences des actions du jeune, explique-t-elle. Quand on consomme, on ne peut pas juste prendre le plaisir. Si c'est le parent qui l'assume, on renforce son comportement toxicomaniaque. Comme parent, il ne faut pas jeter l'éponge. Il faut être là. Il faut juste permettre à l'enfant de vivre avec les conséquences de ses actes. »

Then lets consider the missing bits at last:
David Chiasson - He killed himself at 25 on March 17, 2000 [400x400] .PNG
David-Chiasson-He-killed-himself-at-25-on-March-17-2000-400x400.png

This is the doctor's deceased son, presumably late in his life, followed by a text he wrote (copied from the David Chiasson Foundation):

I am as empty as a dry bath tub. Since forever. Who persists in wanting their own water drained? Who would empty himself to this state of dry, to this state of it’s just not funny anymore. Life has drained itself, emptiness has drained me a thousand times over. Every sunrise, drained. I am an empty bath tub, withdrawn, within, without water. I need fresh water. This old, tired thing that I have become dreams of fresh streams and gentle laps of water! No longer do I want the world, I just want a quiet stream, a gurgling brook that gurgles gently in my ears. It is the window into the world that I need. A peak into the freshness of a good day, glimpses of light sprinkled onto its surface. Until that happens, I help myself to a glass of water and I try to extract myself from the heavy, relentless mountain of accrued consequences. Lord, I am so dry.

Concluding with obituaries printed in major newspapers:
La Presse - Décès, prières, remerciments, c23 (2000-Mar-21) [290x640] .PNG
JdM - Avis de décès - David Chiasson (2000-Mar-20) [640x350] .PNG
Jd-M-Avis-de-d-c-s-David-Chiasson-2000-Mar-20-640x350.png

Here's the catch: i can't but notice this young man had 2 mothers, so on top of a painful love affair it appears he either lost his natural mother or the parents divorced...

Hence my previous "diagnostic", so to speak:

Consequently it's the emotional shock that was the trigger and yet the audience was induced into concluding otherwise...

Briefly put it's quite easy/convenient for the father to blame cannabis for his son's own suicide today but i observe history records are suggesting otherwise, not to mention an obvious lack of emphasis on potential contributing factors rooted in the family itself, dealing with a professional ("spe¢iali$t"/"expert") father focussed on total abstinance.

---

Merry Christmass, happy new year!! ☮

Last edited: